• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What brand of rims avail for the c180

Guest Premroy

Just don't park so far until hit the bimmer GTG

Come stock is good. Let blackmercs poison you

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Can move, even 20" also can move. It's depends on what the person is looking for, Asthetics or performance (although not much to start with) :rolleyes: .

156 bhp and 230nm is ok but the car is 1.5 tonne.....

Just for your comparison On 18" fc is 8-9.5km/l on 17" fc is 10-11km/l

Very much depends on your previous ride in terms of performance of comfort and what are you looking for in this MB. But then when I bought my car, I know what to expect, so it's ok.

Flame suit on : IMHO, 18" (unless it's lightweight forged rims) is a tad too much for my 180K. In fact even staggered 17' rims affects fc and pick-up already.

I used to drive a civic type r (Kah motor one) right before I sold it and got this W204.... I mean the handling steering is solid given that it runs on 18" but it has the power to carry such tyre spec... I check around and our C180k running on 18" is really not ideal... It's heavy, it cut ur power or pick up even further, theres no comfort and basically taking away what MB is most famous for - ride comfort... But one thing I know is that it looks good... But what about the drive ? Isn't that the most important thing-the drive?

Sigh I too Wana zng my ride.. I had my fair share of modding this and znging that until at this stage of my life I'm really started to thinking if I'm just wasting money...

Hehe I'm not that old by the way...31..

Wat u guys think...I'm stuck as well...

I used to drive a civic type r (Kah motor one) right before I sold it and got this W204.... I mean the handling steering is solid given that it runs on 18" but it has the power to carry such tyre spec... I check around and our C180k running on 18" is really not ideal... It's heavy, it cut ur power or pick up even further, theres no comfort and basically taking away what MB is most famous for - ride comfort... But one thing I know is that it looks good... But what about the drive ? Isn't that the most important thing-the drive?

Sigh I too Wana zng my ride.. I had my fair share of modding this and znging that until at this stage of my life I'm really started to thinking if I'm just wasting money...

well you can mod other parts of the car. spoilers, LED lights, steering wheel, CF replacements, ICE. You don't have to do anything to the wheels. Some people just respray and powder coat their stock 17s.

Life is short!! Why wait?

Actually I feel that there's a trick in selecting wheels. Many times, we mistake 17" for 18" and 18" for 17" wheels. Just go for design sthat looks bigger than it is. 5 spookes look bigger than multiple spookes. Chrome wheels look bigger than darker coloured wheels. Rule of thumb is to avoid wheels with multiple spookes. They look really good when they are big, but puny when small.

Visit your favourite tyre shop and do a real life comparison now!

A good compromise between performance and looks.

You are driving a MB now, comfortable cruiser with a prestigious badge. Cannot compare apple to apple lah! a heavily modded type R can take on a stock 335 anytime (but pick-up only hor). Not a fai comparison IMO

• Like 1

my current ride is CTR too, still waiting to receive my coupe next month. i've already ordered 19" rims & tyres to change when i get my new car. i've also thought of what u were thinking, whether i shld just get 18" to get better FC + more comfy, or 19" for the looks.

after much consideration, i decided to go for 19" as my butt is already accustomed to harsh ride & having better aethestic is more appealing to me.

im 30 yrs old & my modding itch is decreasing as i grow older. not going to do much modding on my new car, maybe just rims, spring, bbk, bodykit...just maybe.. :P

Just to add, I also thought the choices for 17'" in terms of design are quite limited for w204. I was also looking around for a replacement 17" rims but in the end, got the 18". FC and pick up definitely suffered. Handling-wise, as I don't usually 'carp' corner, I don't detect significant difference yet:)

• Like 1

Just to add, I also thought the choices for 17'" in terms of design are quite limited for w204. I was also looking around for a replacement 17" rims but in the end, got the 18". FC and pick up definitely suffered. Handling-wise, as I don't usually 'carp' corner, I don't detect significant difference yet:)

Carp or no carp corner increases of rim size is better than not in terms of road handling on a straight road. FC wise is not significant all from one inch up from stock.

Agree that designs are limited for 17". 2 brands to consider are forged Advan and ProDrive. Super light and durable, can even go for 18" but then the prices are pretty steep.......about $750-850 each rim for 18".

Yeap, designs for merc 17 are limited. Shops usually stock 18s and 19s. Comfort or looks - looks like you can only have one!

Went rim and tire shopping today, here's my experience today:

Southeast - No service staff around, so look look see see and left.

Ray S - Good selection, and staff very fast and efficient.

Top93 - Nice selection but too flashy for me, personal preference

Leong Seng - big selection but both my choices (AEZ, Breyton) were not in stock and need to wait 4-8 weeks.

Finally after going through the shops above, settled on a set of black Breyton BE GTS-AV 18" rims + Conti CSC 5s from Ray-S. Fitment took all of 15 min, and my friend and I left with a pretty good impression of them. Will def revisit for next round.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I went rim shopping today too and came across some amg replicas. Just wondering if anyone has any firsthand experience with replica rims and whether the ride comfort, durability and safety is compromised? Not intending to do any racing so just normal road driving conditions. Or should I go for something original but a different brand that is about the same price bracket? Ideally i'm looking for an 18" 5 spoke rim for my c180 coupe. Budget to top up is between 1k to 1.8k max. Your inputs would be much appreciated, thanks!

Hi guys,

I went rim shopping today too and came across some amg replicas. Just wondering if anyone has any firsthand experience with replica rims and whether the ride comfort, durability and safety is compromised? Not intending to do any racing so just normal road driving conditions. Or should I go for something original but a different brand that is about the same price bracket? Ideally i'm looking for an 18" 5 spoke rim for my c180 coupe. Budget to top up is between 1k to 1.8k max. Your inputs would be much appreciated, thanks!

I personally don't encourage replicas, but if used for daily drive on local roads, shouldn't be too much of a issue. Normally replicas cost around $250 per piece for 18" thereabouts.

Skywalker, if you're looking in the direction of replicas, please consult blackmercs. He is peerless in that regard.

Hi guys,

Go for 19" as many coupe kaki on this rim size. Initally i plan to go for 18" too but my rim design does not hv 18" is a blessing. For $2k budget shld be enough to get a replica 19" rim set. Look for lcohol bru, he can advise you as he just got his coupe & new rim set.

Go for 19" as many coupe kaki on this rim size. Initally i plan to go for 18" too but my rim design does not hv 18" is a blessing. For $2k budget shld be enough to get a replica 19" rim set. Look for lcohol bru, he can advise you as he just got his coupe & new rim set.

Cool i'll pm lochol for his comments. While I like the look of 19", the drop in comfort and FC is a concern to me cos my wife is going to be driving it around everyday for work. So I figured 18" will be decent without compromising on comfort and FC too much.

oh btw, what is considered light and heavy for wheels? I checked online and generally the average weight for wheels are about 20-22lbs. Not sure whether the weight is just for the rims or including the tyres.

10kg or less is consider light.