• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Liverpool FC Daily News Thread

g8crasher

Guest speckie1

we are on our way to moscow. hopefully Chelsea gets distracted by league, and we get to meet Barcelona! yeah...so that SAF can have his European dreams shattered once again. haha

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

::)

bros....remember this equation...

in CL, if chelsea vs liverpool, this following rule applies..

Chelsea vs Liverpool = Chelsea lose, manager resign.

i have that feeling we'll be in the finals.

avant grant no fight for rafa in this area. cheerios!! 8)

• 2 weeks later...

DIC has a legal agreement with George Gillett to purchase his 50% stake in the club come June 1st. Kenny Dalglish will meet DIC officials this week to discuss his involvement as a link between the fans and the boardroom.

Tonight I wish for a decent lead over Chelsea to take into the 2nd leg. I hate Drogba. :2guns:

Ok look fwd to next month at HRC!! :)

For your info bros,

our meetup for Liverpool live games have been changed to Sketches Restaurant in robertson walk!!

get u the exact add. in a while...

Oh I think I was seated in the Robertson Walk quadrangle area watching Scum vs us some weeks ago. Some fellow tulan n smashed bottle in the 80th minute prompting others to do likewise. Mini brawl haha. I think some Scum fans went into Sketches to taunt whenever a goal was scored.

:la:

yes, thats the place for our live games!

we'll have the family gatherings inside, and those more rowdy and beer guzzling crowd sits outside!

yes the young boys bloody taunted us when Man U scored. :dblfk:

Guest speckie1

we'll have the family gatherings inside, and those more rowdy and beer guzzling crowd sits outside!

yes the young boys bloody taunted us when Man U scored. :dblfk:

apparently at Chjmes, where Father Flannagans used to be, now it's Harry's. The pub there has Liverpool posters and banners all over. It's the East of Anfield Club. What's the association or there isn't?

• 1 month later...

speckie1 ]

we' wrote:

apparently at Chjmes, where Father Flannagans used to be, now it's Harry's. The pub there has Liverpool posters and banners all over. It's the East of Anfield Club. What's the association or there isn't?

well...this is long story.

The people from East of Anfield(EOA) used to be some guys from our committee, the Official Liverpool FC Fanclub(Singapore).

along our journey, there were some differences in ideas on how the fanclub should move so there was a split and hence EOA was formed.

We wanted a family-oriented club where our members can bring their families to watch games and have good fun, cheering our heroes.

We gave back to the community, facilitating soccer camps in holidays and having having friendly soccer kickabouts, friendly tournaments and having family days; took part in events like Newpaper Big Walk etc...

EOA just wanted to hit the watering holes and make merry while supporting LFC....no right or wrong, just different directions in how the club should proceed.

We are still the only official fanclub branch recognised by Liverpool FC and we have the honor of being the Singapore Branch of

the Association of International Branches. A network of used by LFC to recognise official fanclubs.

more info can be found here

http://www.liverpoolfanclub.org.sg/index1.htm

YNWA!!

• 4 weeks later...

"Peter Crouch completes move to Portsmouth

Striker hopes to revive his England international career after returning to the South Coast in £11million move

by Oliver Kay and Gary Jacob (Times)

Peter Crouch was putting the finishing touches to his £11million return to Portsmouth last night, a move that he hopes will reinvigorate his England career and that Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, hopes will allow him to secure his top targets.

Liverpool have been among the few serious movers during a quiet summer in the transfer market, signing Andrea Dossena from Udinese for £8million and Philipp Degen from Borussia Dortmund on a free transfer, but Benítez has encountered frustration at the top end of the market, with Aston Villa demanding £18million for Gareth Barry and Tottenham Hotspur looking for a similar fee for Robbie Keane, the Ireland forward.

The sale of Crouch should bring Liverpool closer to a resolution over Barry, having had a bid worth £15million rejected by Villa last week, but the Liverpool manager's pursuit of Keane looks more problematic. With John Arne Riise sold to AS Roma and Scott Carson, Charles Itandje and Xabi Alonso expected to leave, the latter probably for Juventus, the Liverpool manager feels that he is on course to meet his target of raising more than £30million to reinvest in new players. Diego Cavalieri, the Palmeiras goalkeeper, is another expected arrival.

Crouch had a medical examination yesterday after Liverpool accepted Portsmouth's offer, of which £2million is conditional on his success at Fratton Park. Far from worried by a perceived drop in class, Crouch, who scored 19 goals in 39 appearances in an earlier spell at Portsmouth, is delighted, having been frustrated by Benítez's selection policy last season. The striker believes that regular first-team football will help his England career, having yet to start a match under Fabio Capello, the manager."

Guest kopimonster

i really dont understand why lfc is selling alonso and trading in steve finnan juz to get Gareth Barry....it would be easier to swallow if the target is some world class player like david villa instead of barry....i juz hope that this coming season is not another one of those seasons where the title challenge effectively fizzles off with some 20 games to go....

Well Rafa can only do so much with the Yanks in a serious credit crunch. Yank wankers have made so many broken promises ever since their takeover I'm getting sick and tired of their bullshit. I seriously think he's the man to lead us forward - just look at us stats wise now, it's been a huge improvement since the Houllier days.

Realistically we need $$ to compete. No 2 ways about it. No one really knows who we're after although the strongest rumour is that we are after David Silva. Rafa's done well to replace outgoing players like Riise, Kewell (armchair player), possibly Alonso, Crouch, Pennant, Finnan (makeweight in the Barry deal). Recently signed Dossena and Degen have the potential to be better than Riise and Finnan.

So till the Yanks get the f**k out of the club, I'm not holding my breath

Guest dash

i think barry is overpriced at 18 mil considering torres cost only 21 mil + he scored 33 goals...

but if barry can perform up to expectations along mascherano, freeing up gerrard in the hole behind torres...we'll be in for a treat.

however, is barry better than alonso? considering that alonso has had a forgettable season....but i always believed that class is permanent, form temporary.

i'm crossing my fingers....

• 2 weeks later...

I think the structure is $15m upfront + $5m conditional. Could be the McAllister for us this year.

We're signing David Ngog, 19 y/o promising hotshot from PSG

wonder how will keane fit into our plans now.

rafa now plays SG in the hole behind lone striker Torres....

unless he switched SG to right wing, disposing Kuyt....

or he plays with Keane alongside Torres....with Keane the deep lying forward.

This will make our attack more interesting...Keane is a creative forward...in the younger harry kewell or Luis Garcia mould.

or Keane sits on the bench like Crouch/Voronin? hahaha....

I think Kuyt will stay on the right. SG can play in the hole or where interchange with Mascherano. Robbie Keane is a good foil for Torres. He can supply and scores on a regular basis. I think the key to his purchase is, as Martin Jol mentioned, he will play in any position you ask of him. Very Rafa-esqe player. Kuyt is a bloody good example.

You're right - I think Keane will provide good link play upfront. We've had excellent number 7s (other than the recent Kewell) in the past and Keane should be fit to fill the shirt

IWe've had excellent number 7s (other than the recent Kewell) in the past and Keane should be fit to fill the shirt

we'll drool if he can play like our McManaman.... :clap:

anyway, l was watching our 2004/2005 season review...i thought that Kewell and surprisingly Igor Biscan(if u can still remember him) played quite well! :laugh: :laugh:

too bad kewell took over from 'sicknote' darren anderton from then on. :(

Guest kopimonster

think keane will do very well for lfc, he's experieced and a very intelligent player, i rate him better than most of our strikers, second only to torres. too bad we only trying to get him when he's 28.

but personally, i think kuyt and Voronin should be sold to raised cash for a world class winger (someone who can cross and split defenses!!!). kuyt might be industrious and have good attitude, but anyone remember hesky? very hard working but seldom score, and juz dun seems to make things happen. we really need someone with the ability to create more chances, someone with the vision of the alonso we all know 2,3 seasons ago. a versatile winger like david silva might be good, but not sure if he can adept to the EPL. or someone like arjen robben?? with the number of "galaticos" going to Real, someone like robben might loose favour in time to come...so who noes?

and yeah, i agree on the kewell part, he's a very classy player, even after he lost much of his pace to injury, he still plays much better than most of our players deployed to the wings. but he's a real letdown, esp to rafa.

rumours are rife that voronin will be gone for 3m.

The Brazilian Olympic soccer team will be in SGP from tomorrow and are staying at Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Lucas Leiva's signature anyone ? haha