• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Liverpool FC Daily News Thread

g8crasher

Latest Rumours 18th April 2007

Djibril Cisse looks set to return to Liverpool as Marseille look increasingly disinterested in signing him on a permanent basis. Meanwhile reports have started to surface that Newcastle & Celtic are looking at signing him for $5m pounds.

Winger Mark Gonzalez appears to be a target for Spurs.

We also have an option to sign Carlos Tevez by May.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest millionmilebenz

I'll say get Cisse!

Speedy hasn't been a big contributor, so won't cry if he goes.

Tevez seems to have finally adapted to EPL and is a good option since we do need strikers!

Reports are today suggesting that AC Milan and Italy midfielder Rino Gattuso is attracting interest from Premiership giants Liverpool.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is looking to further strengthen his midfield options next season and is apparently interested in the tough tackling Azzuri star, but a move away from Milan would seem highly unlikely at the moment.

Let me hazzard a guess and try where the rest of the world failed.... i.e. to predict the team that Rafa will put out for the next game - against Chelsea (away). :laugh:

------------------------------------- Peter Crouch-------------------------------------

-----------------------Riise -------------------------------Gerrard -------------------

-------------------------------------Xabi Alonso -------------------------------------

-------------------------Sissoko -------------- Mascherano -----------------------

Arbeloa --------------------Agger ----------Carrager --------------------Finnan

------------------------------------------- Reina -----------------------------------------

Any other opinions?

Keep Gattuso at Milan. I'd rather Kaka anyday - we need inspirational and creative players.

For all you Cisse lovers, he says if he is given a chance to return to Anfield he will pull out of talks with Marseille about making his move permanent. Don't think Rafa wants him though..

Dunno about Crouch starting... mmm.. I reckon we are gng to raid Stamford Bridge and bring back at least a 1 goal lead. Definitely not playing for a draw.Kuyt seems to have warranted his selection to lead from the front.

So I reckon yeah possibly a very very similar lineup to what you've predicted with 1 or 2 changes.

Kuyt

Gerrard

Riise + Sissoko + Masch + Pennant

Arbeloa + Agger + Carragher + Finnan

Reina

Subs

Crouch

Zenden

Bellamy

Hyppia

Gonzales

Fowler

Alonso

Guest millionmilebenz

Now that you've started it, here's what I would wish to see for once:

------Kuyt------Crouch------

----------Gerrard------------

Riise------Alonso-----Pennant

Arbeloa-Agger-Carragher-Finnan

------------Reina------------

Let's get that precious away goal! Full Attack!!

P.S: it seems we all agree on the defenders...

P.S: it seems we all agree on the defenders...

Heheh.. coz not much choice for defenders? Aurelio out injured. Riise can't defend that well. Hyppia old liao :laugh:

I dun think Rafa will play 2 upfront, think he will keep it tight with 2 DM patrolling in front of the back four. Also during counter attack, the LB and RB will double as wing backs overlapping with the DMs dropping off, remaining in their own half.

That's why I think Rafa will use Crouchie as the point man upfront as he can keep the ball quite well - long enough for the back-ups.

Guest millionmilebenz

I dun think Rafa will play 2 upfront, think he will keep it tight with 2 DM patrolling in front of the back four. Coz during counter attack, the LB and RB will double as wing backs overlapping with the DMs in the dropping off in their own.

That's why I think Rafa will use Crouchie as the point man upfront as he can keep the ball quite well - long enough for the back-ups.

True, true, you have a good point.

In any case, I'm feeling quite upbeat about this one. Cross-fingers...

25th April 2007

--------------

Craig Bellamy's agent has encouraged bids to be put forward for the player's impending departure in the summer. His departure will rest largely on whether Rafa can find a replacement.

Scum 3 vs Milan 2

------------------

So how do Scum manage to score late late goals time & time again ? It's nearly become a feature this season for them! Would you attribute this phenomenon to Lady Luck or just simply the will to win ?

Would you back Milan to take the tie ?

It will be nice if ACM goes through and Pool overcomes Moaning Whore's Chel$ki to set up a 2005 repeat Final.....

With the added revenue from that plus the new american dollars, we may be able to put out a dream team like this....

------------------------ David Villa ------------ Samuel Eto-----------------------

Aaron Lennon -------------------------- Gerrard ------------------------------Joaquin

-----------------------Xabi Alonso------------ Javier Mascherano ---------------

-----------------------Agger ------------Carrager -----------Daniel Alves ----------

------------------------------------------- Reina ---------------------------------------------

>:D

me think me play too much winning 11 liao :laugh:

Sigh...... truth be told, Pool were lucky to escape with just a 0-1 defeat in this first leg....

We could've been down 0-3 easy. Keep the faith.

So many of our players off colour, it was just horrible to watch. You can see that the Chel$ki players wanted it more... they were running their legs off, flying into tackles, closing down players...... Agger was bad, so was Arbeloa, Bellamy and Riise.

Let hope both Pool and Milan can come back in the 2nd leg.

Martin Tyler cheekily mentioned it's going to be like regular season, 0-1 at the Bridge and 2-0 at Anfield. ;D

Riise was bollocks wasn't he!!!!!!!! Backpasses were just totally wayward. Service to the frontmen was way off. Crouch should have started the game and frikkin Zenden.... It was a pity Finnan got injured.

27th April 2007

--------------

Liverpool Youth Team win the FA Cup vs Manchester United on penalties! A 1-0 win at Old Trafford courtesy of Robbie Threlfall put the aggregate score at 2-2 after 180 minutes of normal time football. Liverpool held their nerve and went on to convert 4 penalties against United to retain the cup for the 2nd year running.

Indeed a good sign of things to come for these are the future stars of the club. Certainly in line with Rafa's youth policy of nurturing homegrown stars. You bet the next Steven Gerrard or Jamie Carragher might just be unearthed here.

** This win could serve as inspiration to the senior team to spur them on to victory against Chelsea.

Guest yogi

YES!!!!!!! Beating the moaning whore 3 years consecutively in a semi-final!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA....... for 3 years now, he kept saying "the better lost".... hahaha

ATHENS!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to whack Champs League website and buy some tickets kekekeke.. black market worth quite abit of cash and in pounds some more. :P

Guest dash

Yes yes yes!

We beat Chelsea, Barcelona, PSV en-route to the finals in Athens.

now for a classic re-match of our 2005 victory!

we'll add Milan to the list!

another one bites the dust!!! >:D :slayer:

may 23! mark it down! another star to be added to the club badge!

Guest yogi

Hopefully hopefully.... but the Rossoneri will have all the impetus and motivation to avenge their amazing defeat while Pool will have so many new boys who were not in their ranks in 2005. Not that the current team is weaker but they may not fully realise the intensity of the reaction of the milan players (8 of those players are still in the team today) - see the new players reaction in their first match in domestic derbies and you can understand why.

Guest dash

hmm..lets hope that rafa has some answers to that.

while milan players have revenge on their minds, i would also like to think that

our players will revel in the atmosphere.

Gerrard has openly spoken of the desire to lift the trophy again...he'll drive the team. i'm sure Carra, riise and alonso's experience will help the new ones..and not forgetting Fowler...i hope he plays some part and scores in what may be his final swansong in a red shirt.

as for the new ones, its gonna be kuyt's maiden final in his debut season...he'll wanna score as his goal was ruled offside against chelski...crouch will be itching to score and bellamy's pace will also unsettle the ageing milan defence.

finally u can bet senor benitez has some tricks up his sleeve... :)

so looking forward to the match!

anyway, the Liverpool brudders in this forum can join me in watching the game with the Official Liverpool Fan club! it'll be fun!!!

Guest millionmilebenz

anyway, the Liverpool brudders in this forum can join me in watching the game with the Official Liverpool Fan club! it'll be fun!!!

On lah brother! Where??

Guest yogi

The Liverpool jersey has "Carlsberg" written across it.......

ManU's jeresey has "A I G" written across it.....

AIG isn't ManU's sponsor.... it meant "Almost in Greece" ;D

eeerrrr.... any ManU fans here by the way?