• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Liverpool FC Daily News Thread

g8crasher

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, it was a poor result.

we could've won and made the man u match redundant...

now manure are 5 points behind but got 2 matches on hand.

we need to win those games where the opp. parks a bus in front of goal....that said, we need a fully fit and in form torres to make the difference.

anyway, we're still top....and look at the start of the mind games of wily ferguson....certainly he ruffled rafa's feathers!!

com'on you reds!!!!

The championship will be down to the final match of the season. Sure Manchester United have 2 matches in hand with bags of experience. The nerves are already showing but remember who's in the driving position now and who's chasing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RedDevils

Today's Liverpool Headlines

** Player exodus if Rafa is forced out of Liverpool

** Torres to quit Anfield if Rafa goes

Frankly speaking, I think RB should go. Even the commentator feels that he made weird decision and too cautious in his substitution (especially when they are chasing the game). Other then the CL success he achieved, there is nothing else. But if he stay, good for MU. :devil:

Frankly speaking, I think RB should go. Even the commentator feels that he made weird decision and too cautious in his substitution (especially when they are chasing the game). Other then the CL success he achieved, there is nothing else. But if he stay, good for MU.

I think alot of internal politics are involved and the media only tells one side of the story.

He inherited an average squad from Gerard Houllier and still, after 5 years, has not received the full support of the boardroom because of the great dividing opinions between our Yank owners messers Gillett and Hicks. Robbie Keane at 20m was not his first choice player as revealed recently by trusted Spanish columnist Guillem Balague. I think it says alot about the current situation at the club.

He has had to sell a great number of players in order to bring in the likes of Torres etc. His gross expenditure is high but that does not take into account the players he has had to sell in order to fund the likes of Torres.

I think he's the greatest manager since Bob Paisley to take over the reins and given more support and time like Mr Ferguson who has been at the helm for what seems an eternity, he will achieve the success.

Given our ratty squad vs MU and Chelseas bench worth millions of pounds, I'd take the position we are in today.

I'm happy to hear you say he's good for MU :thumbsup:

Read that the new take over bid from middle east hit the rocks.... :banghead:

and we've lost our footing at the peak of the EPL....now slid down to 3rd place. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

but the season is still not over!

I think the off field matters, (gerrard's court case, the buying/selling of the club and the internal squabbling) is taking its toil especially now since we are primed to win our 19th crown....the pressure is mounting....

i can only hope that the players can really read into you'll never walk alone and really come out from the howling wind...

When u walk

thru a storm

hold your head up high

and dun be afraid of the dark

at the end of the storm

theres a golden sky

and the sweet silver song of the lark

walk on

thru the wind

walk on

thru the rain

though your dreams be tossed and blown

walk on walk on

with hope in your heart

and you'll never walk alone!!!

Liverpool 2 Chelsea 0 !!!

What an impact Torres has on chelsea!!

Scored on his debut against chelsea and now he plants 2 final nails to chelsea's EPL dreams!!!

I officially declare him to my favourite Liverpool striker now!!!

torres-412.jpg

His armband proved he was a red, Torres Torres

You'll never walk alone, it said; Torres Torres

We bought the lad from sunny spain,

He gets the ball

He scores again,

Fernando Torres, Liverpool's number 9

Na na na na na na Na na na na na na na na na....

latest from the grapevine..

Keane has been sold back to Spurs for 15 Million pounds, now awaiting personal agreements......

(sigh....we bought him at 20 Million, now we're selling at 15 Mil.....to be fair, he is a good player, just under untilised by the gaffa, much like Jari Litmanen overlooked by houllier) :banghead: :banghead: :angry3: :'(

Liverpool to launch audacious bid for Javier Saviola! :angel1: :2guns: :yumyum: :tazzie: :bboyspin: :punk1:

buy will he adapt in EPL?

shall we see this soon?? (Heehee, just a tongue in cheek image i conjured!!)

saviolainliverpool.jpg

Verdict is Rafa has played Keane 28 times this season but feels he doesn't fit into the system. I'd take Quaresma and Saviola (Spurs targets) on loan if Keane returns to White Hart Lane.

Spurs has officially re-signed Keane for 12 Mil + add ons...total amount 20 Mil.... :iconsalut:

we thank Keane for the goals that he has scored and providing back-up for El Nino while he is injured.

Transfer window is closed...so no Saviola. :banghead: :'(

But somehow after Keane is sold i have a nigging feeling that we'll do well and win the crown.... :la:

cos now we can play El Nino alone upfront supported by SG!! :clap:

and that way we can play both Alonso and Mascherano in the middle!! :punk1:

i think thats our best formation!

and now Keane is gone, no more dressing room disharmony, and Rafa is signing a new deal! :thumbsup:

plus

Finally we've broken the freakin' draw spell! :clap:

so it says

we're gonna win the league!

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

• 1 month later...

thank you brudder! Upz u, Kel! Haha dun have internet access so got Kel to post for me! :thumbsup:

can somebody wipe that bloody smirk off my face, pleassssse? :dblfk: :dblfk:

did u see how fergie's face turn from red to bright red to black? Hurhurhur. :tazzie: :yumyum:

he must have finished an entire rack of chewing gums! haha. :surrender:

what a night. what a game.

"They are the Champions of Europe, Champions of the World,

but we came here and wiped the floor with them"

- Steven Gerrard, 14th Mar 2009

Gerrard.jpg

Guest Prado

One word - Shiok !!!!

Dun care who will win the EPL this season as long as we get to beat MU at home and give them a thrashing at OT :clap: :clap:

`if we bloody make no mistake at aston villa.....then the EPL title race is getting more and more closer!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

the bookies must had a field day when Man U lost last night! JACKPOT!