• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Fuel leak in my W205 C200, just 1 year old car!

dagger

36 minutes ago, okok said:

My W205 got the same fuel leakage problem few months ago. car mileage 6300km. car age 3yr 8mth. Went to CnC and paid $350 to fix. 

They should honour that as a manufacturer defect and not charging you $350 for that!

On 5/13/2021 at 11:27 AM, okok said:

My W205 got the same fuel leakage problem few months ago. car mileage 6300km. car age 3yr 8mth. Went to CnC and paid $350 to fix. 

you went back to C&C, so assuming you have warranty? the price is rather high just to fix this (but guess that's just how they charge.... 10% part, 200% labor and misc.. LOL).

there are more proficient merc workshops around now...😋

• 1 month later...

Thanks Dagger for sharing information.

I have experienced same issue this morning. I only got my C200 W205 yesterday and I don't understand after having Full Service History on this vehicle Mercedes-Benz Workshop mechanics were never able to identify this issue or this could have been recall and free of charge service. I am surprised that german automobile could have communicated around this issue and informed all around the globe for this fix. As this could be seen as a manufacturing fault with fuel hose pipe.

On 6/18/2021 at 1:57 PM, Mansoor said:

Thanks Dagger for sharing information.

I have experienced same issue this morning. I only got my C200 W205 yesterday and I don't understand after having Full Service History on this vehicle Mercedes-Benz Workshop mechanics were never able to identify this issue or this could have been recall and free of charge service. I am surprised that german automobile could have communicated around this issue and informed all around the globe for this fix. As this could be seen as a manufacturing fault with fuel hose pipe.

Yes unfortunately there still isn't any recall on this globally, some dealerships are managing this out of goodwill if not within the warranty scope.

I do know that there is only a class action filed in US specific to this: https://www.classaction.org/news/2015-2019-mercedes-benz-vehicles-suffer-from-raw-fuel-leakage-defect-class-action-says

So we collected our 2016 W205 about 3 months ago.  No smell of gas anywhere, but we're experiencing fuel consumption of about 12-14L/100km pumping Esso 98.  Mind you I'm doing almost 90% city start/stop driving at casual pace. Is that about right for a C180 under those driving conditions?

Doesn't seem excessive because our Jetta was doing about 11L/100km, which isn't far off.  The Merc has just gone in for a B+ service, so we'll see if it improves.  Checked with CnC and they confirmed that the previous owner skipped on the B+ service previously due to extremely low mileage.

13 hours ago, Reflection said:

So we collected our 2016 W205 about 3 months ago.  No smell of gas anywhere, but we're experiencing fuel consumption of about 12-14L/100km pumping Esso 98.  Mind you I'm doing almost 90% city start/stop driving at casual pace. Is that about right for a C180 under those driving conditions?

Doesn't seem excessive because our Jetta was doing about 11L/100km, which isn't far off.  The Merc has just gone in for a B+ service, so we'll see if it improves.  Checked with CnC and they confirmed that the previous owner skipped on the B+ service previously due to extremely low mileage.

imho

Low mileage or not, servicing should be done at least once a year. Service B+ will includes the changing engine oil, transmission oil, oil & fuel filters, spark plugs, aircon filter and checks for brakes pads/rotors, engine & gear box mountings, etc. Service B+ iirc is the 1st major service at 60k km

14L/100km is definitely on the very high side. Either your leg on the gas pedal is pretty heavy or something is not right.

My previous FLW204 C180 averages about 8L/100km and on KPE can goes to about 6L/100km at times & below when the car was new

The 1.6L C180 engine can be very frugal on fuel consumption

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

8 hours ago, kepiting1sg said:

imho

Low mileage or not, servicing should be done at least once a year. Service B+ will includes the changing engine oil, transmission oil, oil & fuel filters, spark plugs, aircon filter and checks for brakes pads/rotors, engine & gear box mountings, etc. Service B+ iirc is the 1st major service at 60k km

14L/100km is definitely on the very high side. Either your leg on the gas pedal is pretty heavy or something is not right.

My previous FLW204 C180 averages about 8L/100km and on KPE can goes to about 6L/100km at times & below when the car was new

The 1.6L C180 engine can be very frugal on fuel consumption

Thanks for the insight.  We just got the car back from CnC, and it was the worst service experience I've ever seen.  Can't imagine someone paying $200k for a car and getting that sort of aftersales experience.  The car was only sent there because we have to keep it under warranty for the next 9 months.  Suffice to say, this was my first and last time at CnC.

Anyway.  To put things into perspective, our car can do 6L/100km easy on a trip from Mt Faber to the airport/Pasir Ris via KPE or ECP.  I think our high consumption is due to our travel patterns.  Living in the south of Singapore, I'd say 95% of our trips are extremely short and with little to no highway travel at all.  Our longest trips for the week are from Mt Faber to Scotts Road, and can be as short as grocery hops to nearby Vivocity.  At best, we do a trip to Pasir Ris every fortnight.  With short travel patterns like these, there's simply no way to see anything better than 12- 14L/100km.  While most will gawk at my car's consumption, it's all about perspective again, because our fuel bill is one tank of gas every month!

In any case, after the B+ service was done today, I can tell that the entire car is much smoother than before.  The engine feels so different, and the transmission shifts are smoother and less erratic.  Perhaps the consumption figures might improve after this.  Who knows.

Great to see that you are enjoying your ride more after your servicing.

BTW if you continue your servicing with CnC, your engine is under warranty for 10 years

I don't work for CnC :)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

1 hour ago, kepiting1sg said:

Great to see that you are enjoying your ride more after your servicing.

BTW if you continue your servicing with CnC, your engine is under warranty for 10 years

I don't work for CnC :)

Nah. 😁  I'm headed back to my trusted mechanic after this.