• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W205 (9g-tronic) 60k servicing cost form CnC

daimlerfan

60k service is about $2.2k, barring any other complications during your visit.

If I recall correctly, they replace all the filters except the fuel filter. All fluids except the differential oil, and perform a basic A service on top of that. Takes two days to complete. The rest of the time is charged for checking brakes and what not. At the same time, even though the Mercedes owners manual specifically goes against any use of engine additives, they will stuff you with some magic potion as part of the “package”.

CnC is also gonna be packed with folks who are concerned about their warranty, or simply believe that CnC is the only one capable of servicing Mercs. You don’t get to speak to any service techs, internal communication between departments is non-existent, and they will upsell you on their prepaid servicing packages - Mercedes Me FOC if you select the most costly option. Standard fare car dealers if you ask me. 

IMO, the experience in itself is no better than your experienced mechanic outside. If you know someone you trust with your car, and you’re looking at long-term ownership, by all means take that route. Selling your car before the PARF value drops might entail the CnC route for some, because people are obsessed with cars serviced by official dealers, whatever that means these days. 

3 hours ago, Reflection said:

60k service is about $2.2k, barring any other complications during your visit.

If I recall correctly, they replace all the filters except the fuel filter. All fluids except the differential oil, and perform a basic A service on top of that. Takes two days to complete. The rest of the time is charged for checking brakes and what not. At the same time, even though the Mercedes owners manual specifically goes against any use of engine additives, they will stuff you with some magic potion as part of the “package”.

CnC is also gonna be packed with folks who are concerned about their warranty, or simply believe that CnC is the only one capable of servicing Mercs. You don’t get to speak to any service techs, internal communication between departments is non-existent, and they will upsell you on their prepaid servicing packages - Mercedes Me FOC if you select the most costly option. Standard fare car dealers if you ask me. 

IMO, the experience in itself is no better than your experienced mechanic outside. If you know someone you trust with your car, and you’re looking at long-term ownership, by all means take that route. Selling your car before the PARF value drops might entail the CnC route for some, because people are obsessed with cars serviced by official dealers, whatever that means these days. 

Thanks for the detail info. Servicing was always done in CnC hence have no clue where else to look. Most importantly, do not know which WS to trust and are experienced. Nonetheless, thanks again for the detailed info.  Appreciate it. 

4 minutes ago, snsd555 said:

@daimlerfan 60k servicing at C&C will cost about 2-3k as bro @Reflection stated above.

If you go and do it at outside workshops, it should be in the low 1k+ range.

For a list of workshops you can consider, do check out some of SGMerc's site sponsors:

https://www.sgmerc.com/forum/138-general-workshop-modifications/

thanks for the hint. appreciate it. cheers. 

Got service credit stick with them, when service credit depleted and warranty end, time to say bye bye and service outside. I still can't understand CnC 60k service is 2 days while outside workshop could do in 1 day with same scope with half the cost. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, knighthunter said:

Got service credit stick with them, when service credit depleted and warranty end, time to say bye bye and service outside. I still can't understand CnC 60k service is 2 days while outside workshop could do in 1 day with same scope with half the cost. 

agree .. however, you need a trustworthy WS who is able to manage the servicing well too. Not that CnC does a great job but at least should things turn south after the servicing they cannot shake off the responsibility. 

12 hours ago, daimlerfan said:

agree .. however, you need a trustworthy WS who is able to manage the servicing well too. Not that CnC does a great job but at least should things turn south after the servicing they cannot shake off the responsibility. 

Don't put expectation too high, anyway no point to explain it....I think most of long term MB owner will experience it some how except you are their premium customer. Anyway with all this I still back to MB and I always prefer agent model than PI.

Just remember this - a car is a car, and the OBD system wasn't designed by any one car manufacturer.  Onboard diagnostics were implemented by the SAE, and mandated for all vehicles sold worldwide for ease of compliance. 

There are alternatives to Xentry that enable coding of vehicles, but that's beyond the requirements of most car owners in Singapore (those who have a garage rarely get their hands dirty).  For that matter, DTC scanning/coding/live data logging is not rocket science and not something that only official dealers can do.  Diagnosing a 1989 Honda Civic is another ballgame, since scanning for DTC codes for that period is like deciphering morse code messages.😅

Anyway.  If anyone wants a reliable mechanic that I've been using since I returned to Singapore in 2004, send me a PM and I'll be happy to share that information with you.  I've posted the information before in another thread, so feel free to do a search of my posts if you prefer.  I get my parts from Goldenlink Bukit Merah simply because they're the nearest.  Some days my trusty mechanic gets them for me.  All depends on how severe or imminent the problem is.

I went to CnC for the first and last time recently.  It's quite sad when even VW Singapore can do better in terms of communicating with the customer.  CnC is a mess, possibly due to the vast number of MB owners in Singapore.  I don't believe it's worth my time and sorrow dealing with an establishment that treats its clients like idiots.

• Like 1