• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A-class 180, options?

Joeyjoe

The aircon at the rear very strong as mentioned by your spouse - the 3 central aircon vent, if aligned correctly can all be directing the cool air flow to the rear i.e. left & right vent direct to right & left rear respectively. Otherwise is the center vent only.

That's what my SE thought as well.

Anyway, I showed him a photo of my car's rear aircon vent, and he was quite stunt.

After checking he called back to say factory has installed wrongly. They're supposed to be for A250 & A45 models only.

Now he's helping me to check if C&C itself or an authorized workshop can help me to finish the whole connection to allow aircon to really blow out of the rear air con vents, else see those aircon vents sitting there not working & having an earful from my kids complaining every time they board the car is quite irritating

post-6992-0-26412400-1444473497_thumb.jpeg

That's what my SE thought as well.

Anyway, I showed him a photo of my car's rear aircon vent, and he was quite stunt.

After checking he called back to say factory has installed wrongly. They're supposed to be for A250 & A45 models only.

Now he's helping me to check if C&C itself or an authorized workshop can help me to finish the whole connection to allow aircon to really blow out of the rear air con vents, else see those aircon vents sitting there not working & having an earful from my kids complaining every time they board the car is quite irritating

Lucky problem to have. You just got a free upgrade and your kids shouldn't be complaining since the front Aircon vents in the car should go to the back easily

A free upgrade that doesn't work.

To add to this, my warranty might be void if I were to engage external non C&C authorized workshop to make the rear aircon vent work.

Now I'm waiting for my SE to reply with his check on whether C&C can do something to enable the aircon to work while not affecting my warranty.

Actually their reputation is already being questioned when Merc factory can fit something wrongly into their products, no matter if it's an upgrade.

I've the feeling that the mechanics there are already fitting the new FL A180s that come with rear aircon vents while handling the last few batches of the current W176 A180, this resulting in this mix-up.

Hopefully C&C show some good after sales service & help me fix up the rear aircon, and I don't mind paying them for the connectors & labour to make it work.

Remembered Bro denwee posting in WTS section that he bought the W176 rear aircon vent wrongly and can't fit his CLA: http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/19530-wts-rear-aircon-vent-for-a-class/page-1#entry218051

I think the least C&C can do is to check what has been installed for my car and advise me on the options.

I can decide whether to pay the price to make the rear aircon work or activate the Lemon Law as they've sold me something not in my sales agreement.

To me it's plain silly to have the aircon vent there but it doesn't work, says so much about buying a marque brand, when I could've pay the same amount for a mid-high end Japanese car like a Toyota Camry.

hi all,

am new to the forum, just collected my a180 today. previously driving a c200.

anyway, does anyone know if changing to diamond grille (non c&c) will void the warranty?

thanks!

By default anything changed is void warranty for cnc. But cosmetic change should be fine. I have cosmetic change on my ride and no issue w cnc servicings.

• Like 1

Remembered Bro denwee posting in WTS section that he bought the W176 rear aircon vent wrongly and can't fit his CLA: http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/19530-wts-rear-aircon-vent-for-a-class/page-1#entry218051

I think the least C&C can do is to check what has been installed for my car and advise me on the options.

I can decide whether to pay the price to make the rear aircon work or activate the Lemon Law as they've sold me something not in my sales agreement.

To me it's plain silly to have the aircon vent there but it doesn't work, says so much about buying a marque brand, when I could've pay the same amount for a mid-high end Japanese car like a Toyota Camry.

Hmm. Think cnc may have clause to cover themselves or compensate based on the item involved? Think likely they will give extra service credit rather than mod the rear air con to make it work and honor any future break downs. Hope they will give u a satisfied solution to close case.

• Like 1

I'm quite sure they will say get a Camry then. In sg consumer normally don't matter since got many others will jump on to the Merc brand. It's like cnc is rewarding u to have a Merc rather than the other way round.

Rather than force it to get work, ask for 2-3k additional worth of service credit to cover 5yrs of usage before u sell it off and get camry.

Won't let them remove lah.

Just need them to record down in their database that the aircon vent was installed by the MB factory wrongly and not because I went to install 3rd party mod.

Else when I go for the 15k servicing they void my aircon warranty then jialat.

Anyway, this is my wife's car, so after warranty period, then we go outside to install the connectors if C&C not doing for us.

Won't let them remove lah.

Just need them to record down in their database that the aircon vent was installed by the MB factory wrongly and not because I went to install 3rd party mod.

Else when I go for the 15k servicing they void my aircon warranty then jialat.

Anyway, this is my wife's car, so after warranty period, then we go outside to install the connectors if C&C not doing for us.

Don't remove better, the vent nicer then empty hole there.. Btw who your MB salesman

I gave my 2weeks old car a good shower recently and found that the so called paint protection by Cnc is quite bad. Found swirl marks and water marks on the bonnet. My opinion is the detailer has done a poor job.

For those that are collecting their cars, you may want to consider to forego the paint protection.

I gave my 2weeks old car a good shower recently and found that the so called paint protection by Cnc is quite bad. Found swirl marks and water marks on the bonnet. My opinion is the detailer has done a poor job.

For those that are collecting their cars, you may want to consider to forego the paint protection.

i done PPS --- ceramic/glass outside

event.png

That one is very normal one, u need to do outside one ~

Hmmmm, mine is proper without those swirl marks u mentioned. Looks like could be a case of skilled and less skilled applicator (if same brand).

As for water marks, u only saw these marks after 2 weeks when u gave ur ride a good wash? Did ur ride got exposed to the recent rain? If yes, thats where the water mark came from.

I m not siding with C&C and no affiliation with them, but just saying some factual possibilities.

Since when i collect ride, i did a check and found no water marks but when i wash my ride, there is water marks from contact with recent rain. But if course after washing, zero water marks.

Water marks will also appear from morning condensation.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Just a question for those who had just collected your A180.. Did you receive some new owner welcome kit, which include some merc leather key fob pouch, or this welcome kit only for more expensive merc? Hahah

Reason being I intend to get one if no such welcome kit to protect my key when I collect car..

Yes, they'll give a key pouch & a key chain, but I find them bulky.

Waiting for silicon sleeve for our A180 2-button key fob.

Heard from Mad about Mats that it should be arriving mid Nov & costs only $8.