• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A-class 180, options?

Joeyjoe

I'm waiting for the Apple Car Play software update, which I read somewhere that will be available with the new FL.

Hopefully C&C will come up with some software upgrades when we send our cars in for servicing.

But seems the iPhone app isn't available on Apple App Store yet...

Also googling on whether can use MiBox or Chromecast to do mirroring to our Audio 20...

I'm waiting for the Apple Car Play software update, which I read somewhere that will be available with the new FL.

Hopefully C&C will come up with some software upgrades when we send our cars in for servicing.

But seems the iPhone app isn't available on Apple App Store yet...

Also googling on whether can use MiBox or Chromecast to do mirroring to our Audio 20...

Elebest can do Apple TV mirroring and this vendor also http://www.bigboystoys.com.sg/collections/frontpage/products/hd-link-for-mercedes-interface

I'm waiting for apple play to be out to see if any upgrade option for pre FL audio 20

I have tried above 22... it is just not cool enough, even between 23 and 22... it is a big difference in coolness.

If 22 is too cool for thee, just need to lower the fsn speed.

I tried, even at 22 with 0.5 fan speed, it is cool enough provided the vehicle is not under the hot sun.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

For me it's 21 deg with fan speed at 1.5 on normal days.

I'll usually open the windows to let the stale air con blow out for a few minutes after starting the car.

The additional Huper Optic solar film means not much heat gets trapped in the car even when parked under the hot sun.

Need to reduce to fan speed of 0.5 on colder days though, but I try not to adjust the temperature.

Getting rather annoyed by malaysian motorbikers hiding in the blindspot behind the c pillar.

Any tips and tricks on how to deal with these blindspots?

Why do A classes have such thick c pillars?

Why do mercs in general have such thick c pillars?

sigh

Getting rather annoyed by malaysian motorbikers hiding in the blindspot behind the c pillar.

Any tips and tricks on how to deal with these blindspots?

Why do A classes have such thick c pillars?

Why do mercs in general have such thick c pillars?

sigh

The c pillars are enforced to reduce side impact greatly if not wrong from the nite event talk at cnc previously.

You may want to try adjust the left side mirror more to the left to check more blind spot area with assist of rear mirror.

cleanup-blindspots-photo-519796-s-origin

driving-article-infographic-combined-01.

• Like 2

The c pillars are enforced to reduce side impact greatly if not wrong from the nite event talk at cnc previously.

You may want to try adjust the left side mirror more to the left to check more blind spot area with assist of rear mirror.

cleanup-blindspots-photo-519796-s-origin

driving-article-infographic-combined-01.

Yes I set my mirrors up like that ever since driving the W124.... but the new blindspots created - these are quite big if the C pillars are big. and these blindspots tend to be where malaysian motorbikers linger....

Maybe I should try the conventional 'driving school' method instead. The 'new' method creates new problems for cars with wide C pillar.

23 deg @ 1 or 1.5 fan speed = rather cooling already even for me who is well known among friends to be branded as 'polar bear' (not afraid of cold down to 0 or 1 degree C, even tried -3 degree in berm and tee taking 5 outdoor).

Set to 24 - warm air starts to blow out. Probably due to the W176 default to intake air from outside unlike Jap cars which default to circulate interior air without taking outside air.

I just set it to whatever I feel like without even looking at the knob. I trust that the engineers know how to do a proper job such that it can coper with various conditions. Personally I don't drive much in heavy traffic so most of the time I leave recirc off. 

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone ,Anyone know how to clean the fabric of the seat? Mine is the one with middle seat got fabric and white line design, get stain and dirty easily and already lose the rich dark colour... find it an eye sore... Sorry to come here ask as i dunno whether A180 interior is the same as A200, mine is a A200 urban. 2.5 yrs old car.