• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Twin Exhaust Mod, Success!!!

You make it sound like we are excessive car changers. Hahaha...

No, he is saying you guys very rich lah!

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Here are the photos of the mod.

As some of you might already know, I have an existing single exhaust tip bought from Sonic awhile back. I went back to Sonic get another tip to pair up as I didn't like the tips offered at FK. Labour cost alone is $220. Downtime was roughly 4 hours.

For those who are interested to use FK's tip, I was quoted labour plus exhaust tip $380.

Do you have to cut the lower valence to accomodate the other exhuast tip? why not go for the amg valence with fins for the complete look.

Do you have to cut the lower valence to accomodate the other exhuast tip? why not go for the amg valence with fins for the complete look.

Didn't need to cut any part of the car to accommodate the pipes. Still prefer the cleaner look of the stock bumper.

My 2 cents hor!! Since is only a esthetic mods why not put a dummy instead? This mods is LTA friendly arh i hope it is. The answer is only when u go thru inspection by vicom that will be 3 years later as most of the car modded here are brandnew.

Please dont flame or curse me especially LeftField!!

If put dummy then as time goes by, the left tip will be black black then the right side still shinny, like that buey chio liao...

• Like 1

If put dummy then as time goes by, the left tip will be black black then the right side still shinny, like that buey chio liao...

Haha ya i heard this one before, spray both tips black color? Idea??

When I'm back from my o/s trip, i will go and get it done!

Spoken to FK and decided that they will cut outside the rim to make the openning bigger and put a twin tailpipe on each side....

picture for illustration (sorry hor, hand drawn)

post-148-0-60775100-1338358394_thumb.jpg

Damage.... less than 500 include tail pipe, he quoted!

You really letting them cut and make the hole bigger? Thought you said ugly?

When I'm back from my o/s trip, i will go and get it done!

Spoken to FK and decided that they will cut outside the rim to make the openning bigger and put a twin tailpipe on each side....

picture for illustration (sorry hor, hand drawn)

post-148-0-60775100-1338358394_thumb.jpg

Damage.... less than 500 include tail pipe, he quoted!

Is this what you wanted? :D

IMG_2981.jpg

You really letting them cut and make the hole bigger? Thought you said ugly?

If they are certain that it will look good, thought maybe give a try.

Now thinking should i cut the opening rectangle shape and use square tip (2 on both side) or oval with circle...

post-148-0-48909100-1338362336_thumb.jpg

Actually the rectangle tip looks quite nice on the E & S class but they're both wide cars. No idea how it'll turn out on our C.

Still think stick with either the round or oval once nicer. Tried and proven look.

Got triangle pipes or not? I want to be really different with my quad pipes

(eh serious lah not joking)

Hmmmm rectangular might be more suited to the angular lines of the c class sedan

Hi, just like to share my experience. Was previously on quad exhaust, dummy on the right side, so over time, one side black, one side shiny....every mth polish... Sibei siong!

Met a friend who suggested cutting the exhaust pipe short and make it point downwards. Now quad exhaust all shiny shiny. Did my mod at FK also.

Hi, just like to share my experience. Was previously on quad exhaust, dummy on the right side, so over time, one side black, one side shiny....every mth polish... Sibei siong!

Met a friend who suggested cutting the exhaust pipe short and make it point downwards. Now quad exhaust all shiny shiny. Did my mod at FK also.

How much did you pay for the installation of the quad exhaust? Is the workmanship good?

Here are the photos of the mod.

As some of you might already know, I have an existing single exhaust tip bought from Sonic awhile back. I went back to Sonic get another tip to pair up as I didn't like the tips offered at FK. Labour cost alone is $220. Downtime was roughly 4 hours.

For those who are interested to use FK's tip, I was quoted labour plus exhaust tip $380.

post-105-0-99543700-1338292471_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-67775000-1338292476_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-64076900-1338292480_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-34407100-1338292483_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-40991700-1338292487_thumb.jpg

Hi bro, why you didn't install the quad exhaust? :goodjob:

• Like 1

Hi bro, why you didn't install the quad exhaust? :goodjob:

Didn't want my car to be too "loud" that's why decided on twins. IMHO, quads makes the rear of the W204 very busy. Would suit bigger cars though.

• Like 1

Didn't want my car to be too "loud" that's why decided on twins. IMHO, quads makes the rear of the W204 very busy. Would suit bigger cars though.

So both of your exhausts are functional? What I meant is that the other one is not a dummy?

So both of your exhausts are functional? What I meant is that the other one is not a dummy?

Both exhaust are functional. Even if you choose to install quads, with this method all four exhaust tips will also be functional.

Both exhaust are functional. Even if you choose to install quads, with this method all four exhaust tips will also be functional.

Is this modification ok with C&C when they do maintenance? Will it void the warranty? :(