• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Alignment

hayato

ok lah, i confirm go buy this one... stock 17' 10 spoke...

post-148-0-35467700-1337923762_thumb.jpg

my maid sure curse me...

This is actually the stock rim for C180 Coupe, think can easily find cause sure got some Coupe bros trade-in. Go check out LS or Top93

• 2 months later...

Went down to Kian Teong Auto Centre as I couldn't reach Kenny to do my alignment. Veering left was more pronounced after I upgraded to 19' rims. Camber bolts were changed to the adjustable ones but even adjusting it to the max, there is still a wee bit of veering to the left.

At the end, spent $180 but problem still not entirely solved.

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Kenny definitely can help to slove any alignment issue.

I hearsay singapore roads slope towards left for drainage system...that's why it will veer to left; or maybe it's absurd?!

Haha, apparently Kenny is driving a W204 too and he said nothing can be done about it!!!

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Last time drove VW, also veer to the left, the SA told me that Singapore road is slightly slope down to the left to drain the rain water off the road, as the long kang hole on the left side of road. My uncle friend driving Alfa said the same. As my C180 also slightly veer to the left, I think this theory must be true.

Haha, apparently Kenny is driving a W204 too and he said nothing can be done about it!!!

Yeah, Kenny also told me the same thing when I called him. Anyway, I managed to get C&C to fix it for me, but got to leave the car with them the whole day. Mine is all stock, so it's under warranty, not sure if there will be any issue if changed rims to 19"

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, any one resolved the alignment issue with C&C? My W204 C180 also veer left, quite bad. Coming to 3 weeks, don't think it's the road as I never encountered this on other cars.

Hayato, u mentioned C&C fixed the alignment issue? Definitely I want to get it fixed. Mine's on stock, 17". Spoke to my salesman, but nothing from him except I go down for them to check... Wierd cos I don't think it's a common issue.

Any feedback from other bros and sisters?

Hey guys, any one resolved the alignment issue with C&C? My W204 C180 also veer left, quite bad. Coming to 3 weeks, don't think it's the road as I never encountered this on other cars.

Hayato, u mentioned C&C fixed the alignment issue? Definitely I want to get it fixed. Mine's on stock, 17". Spoke to my salesman, but nothing from him except I go down for them to check... Wierd cos I don't think it's a common issue.

Just get CnC to rectify it by replacing to an adjustable camber bolt and caster. They'll know what to do since it is rather common issue. I have done mine.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Go to pandan loop, they know what to do. Mine was fixed there. So far so good!

Summary updates:

After 38hrs of dignose at C&C pandan loop, my ride veer left aligment only solved 95%. I'm not sure what have been done but i did notice the efforts and times from the C&C engineer. My in-car video recorder captured every insight movement from the time my ride in C&C. Frankly speaking, they really drove my ride in and out for aligment adjustment test. (Total click 50km plus and alomst 20 times of test drive around pandan loop).

Overall, I think i'm satisfy with their investigation effort they have put in. No doubt my ride stil have slight veering to left but i can leave with it now.

Message from SA: "Merc initially from Germany doesn't have this issue, partly becos is a left hand drive car. This happen when the driver swap to right hand drive (ASIA market) but the main undercarriage component remain as origin from Germany." >>> Trying to agree... hehe

P/S: For those new ride have this problem (Under warranty), please don't change your OEM rims first. Reason, they will charge you ($78). This is because they will only base on the orignial merc rim to do the dignose and aligment testing.

C&C Pandan Loop

Reported: Veer left issue

Effort: 9/10

SA: 8/10

Overall: 8.5/10

C&C Alexander Centre

Effort: 4/10

SA: 4/10

Overall: 4/10

Dear All

Seems like to replaced the bolts somewhere at the alignment area is mandatory as i also heard from the alignment guy i always used at Sin ming, however he told me the replacement bolts and nuts are all from mercedes with the 3 pointer star logo embossed on it. Meaning Mercedes should be aware of such issue...it is simply impossible to use the excuse " it was design as left hand drive"....basket all european car also mostly design for left handrive and i dun see how could the engineer in MB be half baked since they also have UK, NZ, Australia market...etc.

Just wonder if this only affect the current W204, how about the latest 1.6CGI Turbo ? By the way anyone know the new 1.6CGI turbo is what model? W205?

Thanks for the update, I also left my car with them previously and was surprised that they clocked around l 50 plus km. my steering left is not so obvious now, like what you said, can live with it

Summary updates:

After 38hrs of dignose at C&C pandan loop, my ride veer left aligment only solved 95%. I'm not sure what have been done but i did notice the efforts and times from the C&C engineer. My in-car video recorder captured every insight movement from the time my ride in C&C. Frankly speaking, they really drove my ride in and out for aligment adjustment test. (Total click 50km plus and alomst 20 times of test drive around pandan loop).

Overall, I think i'm satisfy with their investigation effort they have put in. No doubt my ride stil have slight veering to left but i can leave with it now..

Message from SA: "Merc initially from Germany doesn't have this issue, partly becos is a left hand drive car. This happen when the driver swap to right hand drive (ASIA market) but the main undercarriage component remain as origin from Germany." >>> Trying to agree... hehe

P/S: For those new ride have this problem (Under warranty), please don't change your OEM rims first. Reason, they will charge you ($78). This is because they will only base on the orignial merc rim to do the dignose and aligment testing.

C&C Pandan Loop

Effort: 9/10

SA: 8/10

Overall: 8.5/10

C&C Alexander Centre

Effort: 4/10

SA: 4/10

Overall: 4/10

Thanks for the update, I also left my car with them previously and was surprised that they clocked around 50 plus km. my steering left is not so obvious now, like what you said, can live with it

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my car back today. Didn't manage to speak to the guy following up on my case to find out what was done. Probably will call him later. Anyway, the alignment issue was resolved. Now freehand also straight. Thus the excuse of roads slant left or left-hand drive design, I don't buy them.

The other guys @ Pandan Loop also told me that they use 2 lamppost as a reference. If veer left after 2 lamppost, that's normal. Mine was the case let go, veer left immediately. Maybe I went after you guys, they knew the issue.

Left the car for almost a week and the mileage clocked in by them was ard 16km. I gave them a list of items to check and everything was fixed. No more jerking on gear shift too. Gear shifts (from R to D and vice-versa) are more smoother / easier to engage now. Shall monitor the car for a couple of days. I miss driving the replacement car - C250 CGI...

Somehow after lowering my ride, both veering left and steering vibration seem to be gone after a week of monitoring. Driving feel now is so much better.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Finally spoke to the people at Pandan Loop. No parts was replaced, just alignment done.

What they explained was that the car was designed for left-hand drive, so for us, they switched the system and dashboard to right-hand. This is a common issue. Anyway I'm happy that the car does not veer left anymore.

It a design thingy. The car was designed for LHD. It only affects w204 though. This is what I gathered from 2 different shops doing alignment. They said same thing. Tyre will not wear out faster. It's within limit. Don't need to adjust. Save $$$.

It is not a W204 thingy

it also affects W212

Was Charged $256.80 but cow-pei cow-bu, bang table throw chair .... waived !!

It is not a W204 thingy

it also affects W212

Was Charged $256.80 but cow-pei cow-bu, bang table throw chair .... waived !!

Wa...solid! :startle:

Next trip I must act like Taiwan Lau Ta liao..... :devil:

Throw Tables, chairs, papers, pencils and many many and hope they will waived my std servicing....hehehe :D