• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Alignment

hayato

Is it true that tyre alignment must be done with C&C?

They charged $240 excl GST for alignment. Can send to reputable tyre shops like Leong Seng or South Asia to do the alignment? Any difference from C&C?

Bro, thought your ride is very new? Alignment should not be out in the first place.... :startle:

Maybe you want to share more? I know the W204 veers a little to the left..... :roadrage:

Bro, thought your ride is very new? Alignment should not be out in the first place.... :startle:

Maybe you want to share more? I know the W204 veers a little to the left..... :roadrage:

That's exactly the problem, steering pulling to the left. That's normal?

are you guys serious? no wonder!

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Whats yr ride from See&See? 2 months old,? Stock to bone? Any modification?

Whats yr ride from See&See? 2 months old,? Stock to bone? Any modification?

FL W204 from C&C, 2 weeks old

Still stock, only changed to PS3 tyres cause don't like the CSC5 tyres that came with the car

Still stock, only changed to PS3 tyres cause don't like the CSC5 tyres that came with the car

Call your SE to complain about this problem. Your car is still young and fresh so CnC should be able to help you resolve FOC, else bang table!

mine pulls to the left, not enough to be dangerous but i can feel the need to micro adjust

It a design thingy. The car was designed for LHD. It only affects w204 though. This is what I gathered from 2 different shops doing alignment. They said same thing. Tyre will not wear out faster. It's within limit. Don't need to adjust. Save $$$.

• Like 1

Before rhe change did u notice alignment out? Anyway once u have make changes u cant go back See&See to make any claims. Instead u can go back to tyre shop to inform them of alignment out. Ask them to rectify it, if they ignore you just get it done by outside workshop. Damage is like $50 to $80.

My previous ride on PSS2 no issues at all. Is not becoz of the grip is the cause of the alignment out. Likely is the wheel balancing, i might be wrong. Btw share with us the name of the tyres shop.

Before rhe change did u notice alignment out? Anyway once u have make changes u cant go back See&See to make any claims. Instead u can go back to tyre shop to inform them of alignment out. Ask them to rectify it, if they ignore you just get it done by outside workshop. Damage is like $50 to $80.

My previous ride on PSS2 no issues at all. Is not becoz of the grip is the cause of the alignment out. Likely is the wheel balancing, i might be wrong. Btw share with us the name of the tyres shop.

Blackmercs I right, I assumed the tyre shop did the balancing properly. Unless it wasn't there before u changed ur rims or tyres. Best to go back to the tyre shop.

Blackmercs I right, I assumed the tyre shop did the balancing properly. Unless it wasn't there before u changed ur rims or tyres. Best to go back to the tyre shop.

Bad wheel balancing will not cause any alignment issue but it will create vibration during high speed run (above 80 kph). I don't have this problem after I change my tyre set to 18".

In my opinion if the tyres are still new let run few hundred km first before doing any alignment.

I think there is one shop in AMK auto point quite famous for alignment, but can't remember the name. I did alignment for my Japanese car last time every year but since driving merc B170 (3 years) and now C180K i never do any alignment. I heard that Merc has very different setup for chamber and toe setting, I am not sure about this since I don't have experience yet with sending merc for complete wheels alignment.

Bad wheel balancing will not cause any alignment issue but it will create vibration during high speed run (above 80 kph). I don't have this problem after I change my tyre set to 18".

In my opinion if the tyres are still new let run few hundred km first before doing any alignment.

I think there is one shop in AMK auto point quite famous for alignment, but can't remember the name. I did alignment for my Japanese car last time every year but since driving merc B170 (3 years) and now C180K i never do any alignment. I heard that Merc has very different setup for chamber and toe setting, I am not sure about this since I don't have experience yet with sending merc for complete wheels alignment.

I see thanks. Changing tyres is it necessary to do alignment? Not that i know of probably i m wrong again :).

Sir BM, why don't you share your wrong and misinformed knowledge with me so that I can wrongfully consider what other possibilities are for the slight left alignment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, this is what the tyre shops advocate, if change absorbers, need to do alignment. If just change rims or tyres, do balancing.

If rims are up one size from stock, don't need to do alignment. Can save $.

If rims are up 2 sizes from stock, do wheel alignment preferably.

I think the guy bro knight hunter mentioned is called keny right? Did 2 cars with him. Yes he's one of the better ones, maybe bro hayato can look for him if his tyre shop can't solve the problem. :)

Here is my 2 cents

1) Tyres - only balancing for up size to 1 to 3.

2) Spacer, spring & suspension - alignment on the spot except for suspension. Some experts advise that drive it a day or so for "run-in" then after go for alignment.

3)Installation for anti roll bar, strut bar, under bracing etc - no alignment is require.

4) changing of axles - alignment on the spot.

Is the above a common practise by u guys?

Here is my 2 cents

1) Tyres - only balancing for up size to 1 to 3.

2) Spacer, spring & suspension - alignment on the spot except for suspension. Some experts advise that drive it a day or so for "run-in" then after go for alignment.

3)Installation for anti roll bar, strut bar, under bracing etc - no alignment is require.

4) changing of axles - alignment on the spot.

Is the above a common practise by u guys?

Yep. That's what I do.

It a design thingy. The car was designed for LHD. It only affects w204 though. This is what I gathered from 2 different shops doing alignment. They said same thing. Tyre will not wear out faster. It's within limit. Don't need to adjust. Save $$$.

I was intending to head down to c&c to resolve this issue. Mine veers to e left too. When I freehand, e steering wheel tends to rotate itself to left slightly.

Stock car btw.

I've seeked advise from a few alignment guys, kenny also advised that it is a common prob w this model as one of the bro's mentioned, our rides are designed for LHD, further to add to it, thr is no camber adjustment allowed on our rides by stock making it unable to resolve this issue. C&C, they alignment tech's thr r nt experts, they're just mechanics who follow the by the book alignment guides. That's all. Don't bother wasting ur money at c&c for alignment. They won't be able to solve ur problem.

changing tyres(same size) No need alignment

Changing Rims - a definite must, regardless of size, every individual rim has diff specs!