• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My new 4potters

hatch

Keep discussing leh. I want to read about BBKs before deciding what to go for.

/camp

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Hmm...suited for folks who drives fast and follow close to cars in front? :)

I will not say stock is unsafe. Really depends on your driving style. Lets just say stock brakes doesn't suit my driving style.

Stock certainly not as effective as a 4potter with a larger disc.

Braking distance certainly shorter with more effective brakes.

Hi bro, do you mean the stock brand new brake are less effective / safe?

Trying to see if I should mod :P

No worries.

For me, i upgrade brakes for all my rides. Safety is a priority for me.

I'm no racer, but as the saying goes: Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Din take up the AMG 6potters cos i'm reluctant to go 19".

These API are just bang for buck

Can I just share a little, tyres are just as important too. It's the only contact with the Tarmac. Car will still skid if tyres aren't great, no matter how good the BBK. I have seen some rides with nice BBK, but using comfort tyres.......lol

Two tonne cars with discs not much bigger than CDs?

Prevention is always better than cure.

Spirited driving i calll it.

No i dun tail gate, find that reckless.

Now that u mention it, been getting "jio" a lot ever since i changed to these set of black rims.

Better drive on the left lane or put up a P-plate

Cool. I used leff lanes to cut slow coach on right lanes at expressways...quite a lot of road hoggers these days :P

Spirited driving i calll it.

No i dun tail gate, find that reckless.

Now that u mention it, been getting "jio" a lot ever since i changed to these set of black rims.

Better drive on the left lane or put up a P-plate

did my API Racng coilovers with BMS. great initial feel so far, it was tuned (30 front, 20 back) so that the prime minister cannot tell the diff much. it's stiffer, and cornering so far very stable.

more importntly, customer service is top notch. im a sucker for good CS and follow-up.

ah boy has offered discounts for those who get a second APi product (eg if hatch goes back to them for coilovers i/o his incomng bilsteins, he will get a discount, if i go back for the BBK, i will get a discount off that).

will know in a few days if the APi is worth it when i have time to ...inspect SG roads...

the price for w204 spec Type RS-R was $2,300, incl balancing and alignment and one free re-adjustment (downtime is est 1 hour).

So far, I'm happy with the product. I told ah boy i wanted it to be set to almost stock i.e. wife-friendly. she couldn't tell the diff over normal humps and small imperfections on the road. i can tell the stiffness is there over larger holes and imperfections. the car is less floaty now and i can now corner at much higher speeds with confidence. very little lean when cornering.

i'll be back next week for the car to be lowered some more - now it is set at 2 fingers front and rear.

• Like 1

Yes, this is a re-branded BC racing coilover. I have not heard anything out of the ordinary - no humming, no creaking.

as expected, the car no longer dives under braking too, which to a newbie like me, is just phenomenal!

The BC coilovers I had on my previous FD2 had this squeaky sound from the front dampers (after a few months) which was never properly resolved. Hopefully this is no longer an issue...

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!