• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mar/Apr 2012 batch fall in here....

Guest Wishbone

haha ya, too many poison inside... by the way, is Command really good? don't think mine has it so was wondering if its worth 9k...

and i like your front grille, if i change it, our car will look the same!

You got the coupe, mine is the sedan. Retrofitting Comand was one of my top priorities, but the bros installing it told me that the SEA maps are still unavailable for Comand NTG4.5 retrofit. Have been waiting for their good news till I kinda gave up on Comand and started modding other stuff.

Guest genesys

Hi all, just booked my C180K over the weekend. Cavansite blue with black interior.

Wanted black or magnetite black but the units were booked before me.

My SE said delivery for my new baby is Mar/Apr too. Not too sure but can't wait to drive it.

Cheers :-)

Guest blackmercs
Hi all, just booked my C180K over the weekend. Cavansite blue with black interior.

Wanted black or magnetite black but the units were booked before me.

My SE said delivery for my new baby is Mar/Apr too. Not too sure but can't wait to drive it.

Welcome!!

Guest blackmercs
booked my C180K early this month... can't wait for it to be delivered! :)

Welcome!! Wah See&See business is blooming. U guys previous ride is it VM models?

what is VM models???

Is VW (fat finger)!!

Guest Wishbone

Welcome!! Wah See&See business is blooming. U guys previous ride is it VM models?

I traded in my VW GTI for the C180K. Wanted to buy the Golf R, but the price is way over $200K, not worth it. Visited MBC one day and found it difficult to turn my back away. The pricing was also comparatively lower than the R, So, after much deliberation, my wife and I decided to go with the C instead.

Love my GTI, not many cars can match its performance and handling. But got to admit fast and furious times are over, age catching up on me. Also with two kids in tow, the C is a more refine and natural choice..

Same here' date=' was actually set on the Tiguan before being "tricked" into the Mercedes showroom. The C-Class was love at first sight.[/quote']

Me same too, i was interested in new VW Passat, but was abit reluctance to buy VW due to the conjested service centre.

Them my friend bring me to MBC and hooked with the c-class.

I remember my SE was telling me that the c180k is selling like hot cakes, before i confirm my booking. At that time thinking that its some sales trick to get me sign on the dotted line.

But seeing so many brothers/sisters getting the c-class it is probably true. C&C biz is booming..

Guest knighthunter

I traded in my VW GTI for the C180K. Wanted to buy the Golf R, but the price is way over $200K, not worth it. Visited MBC one day and found it difficult to turn my back away. The pricing was also comparatively lower than the R, So, after much deliberation, my wife and I decided to go with the C instead.

Love my GTI, not many cars can match its performance and handling. But got to admit fast and furious times are over, age catching up on me. Also with two kids in tow, the C is a more refine and natural choice..

For 200k budget should go for C250.

I am happy with my C180K but sometime I have regret not going to C180 CGI, last time made the choice due to I get Comand Online for C180K but not for the CGI version. Booked my car at last day on 125i promotion last year.

Guest genesys

I was actually deciding between the C180K and the C180 CGI. Preferred the C180 CGI but the SE was more aggressive in promoting the C180K. So booked the C180K.

My first time getting a MB. My wife said that if the car is good and the after sales service is good, it is still possible to upgrade to a better MB car next time.

I was also deciding between C180K and CGI; but C180K is more of a value buy for me but i find it underpowered(that also equates to bad FC for a heavy footed person like me).

However my wife say... since getting MB might as well get the better one within our budget.. From what i see the C180K and C180 CGI are both value for money buy, just that the rd tax is slightly higher for CGI but depreciation are abt the same imo. So ended up with CGI and now everyday surfing youtube looking at the 2012 C-Class to satisfy the thirst...

My friend thou gave up C180K for VW passat cause his wife say C-Class dont have leg room... for that passat price at 157K, i would anytime go for MB because the interior is superb...

Guest knighthunter

In reality C&C make more mollah when they are selling C180K, OMV difference between Kompressor and CGI is at the range of $ 8 grand plus 20k COE difference yet they only asking ~20k top up last time (memory seat option threw in for free last time instead comand online).

True enough depreciation is about the same.

"after sales service is good," --> take this with heap of salt, my previous MB was problematic I had plenty of headache and wasted time shuffling in between service center before they solve the problem for good.

Ya agree on the part the SE is pushing c180k aggressively. C&C margin for c180k is better than the c180CGI.

During my purchase the difference between c180k & c180CGI is 16k, which is the difference in cat a & cat b coe. With a higher omv, the CGI version maybe a better buy (with memory seats, parktronic, 7G-tronics). But due to budget (choose not to stretch another 16k more) i decided on the 1.6 version.

Anyway the c180k is a wonderful ride, the complaints so far is the slightly noisy engine as compare to the 1.8 version. Hope to upgrade to a better MB in few years to come.

Same here' date=' was actually set on the Tiguan before being "tricked" into the Mercedes showroom. The C-Class was love at first sight.[/quote']

Me same too, i was interested in new VW Passat, but was abit reluctance to buy VW due to the conjested service centre.

Them my friend bring me to MBC and hooked with the c-class.

I remember my SE was telling me that the c180k is selling like hot cakes, before i confirm my booking. At that time thinking that its some sales trick to get me sign on the dotted line.

But seeing so many brothers/sisters getting the c-class it is probably true. C&C biz is booming..

I had never been to MBC previously. For the first time (last oct) into the showroom, it only took me 30min to sign on the dotted line....

I didn't even test drive the c180k, becos i sneaked into the showroom during my lunch break!

C180CGI as long as I can remember it didn't come with Parktronic last year, only memory seat option.

Parktronic is for C200 model and up.

parktronic is crap imo.. distronic is way much more useful...

Guest knighthunter

Correcly if I am wrong Parktronic and distronic is completely different options.

Parktronic - is for parking 4 sensors each on front and rear bumper with distance indicator display on the middle of the dashboard.

Distronic - is for adaptive cruise control with automatic braking and acceleration

C180K & CGI only comes with 4 reverse sensor on rear bumper with display locally fitted, rear camera also locally fitted with small display next to rear view mirror. If you have command online, rear camera can be intergrated into original display.

Guest Wishbone
Hi, for the FL C-Class, the reverse camera is integrated with the original display.

This I can confirm, because I specifically choose the option with reverse camera, the camera display is integrated to the audio 20. The red test car has this fitted. Played with it during my test drive. The 4-point reverse vision go display also meh? I though is just teee, teee, sound.

Guest knighthunter
Hi, for the FL C-Class, the reverse camera is integrated with the original display.

This I can confirm, because I specifically choose the option with reverse camera, the camera display is integrated to the audio 20. The red test car has this fitted. Played with it during my test drive. The 4-point reverse vision go display also meh? I though is just teee, teee, sound.

Earlier FL C-class still using this small display my friend who bought her car 6 mths earlier than me the reverse cam is not integrated. it means now the audio 20 support media interface.

4 pts reverse vison it comes with small display attached at the rear windscreen, you need to see it via your rear view mirror.

Guest Wishbone

Earlier FL C-class still using this small display my friend who bought her car 6 mths earlier than me the reverse cam is not integrated. it means now the audio 20 support media interface.

4 pts reverse vison it comes with small display attached at the rear windscreen, you need to see it via your rear view mirror.

I see. Maybe during test drive, I am too engossed in the reverse cam display from the audio 20 to notice the display from rear view mirror. no wonder they refer to the reverse sensors as 4-point reverse vision. since my wife would be driving the car, the reverse camera and sensors are must-have options for me.