• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What car do you drive before yr new C Class?

Guest grey3443

Guest Lianghai1
Was driving a 3series for 6mth' date=' felt under power, den source till a turbo charged c180, power not bad, den decided to choose it nw..[/quote']

BMW engine is about the same HP right?

No. E90 320i was only 156hp as compared to C200 1.8 turbo of over 180hp. I believe the C180 turbo is even faster in terms of specs.

I am driving one 320i now and change to C200 because the 320i was way underpowered. In terms of acceleration, it even lose to a 2.0 Honda civic. Tested with my friend's car.

IMHO, apart from being a conti car, high speed stability and very good cornering, the 320 was nothing great unlike their latest new 2.0 turbo. In their previous version, u will need at least a 323i.

Agreed to the maX!

Guest Cklasse
brand new 180CGI 7g is nearly 200k..

Any known issues with the older w204 c200 kompressor?

looking at a 07 unit..

figured that older cars might make better sense if i were to just drive it for the next 2-3 years.

I am more incline to go with Kompressor, it is something which my uncles and friends have used without much issues. Since the introduction of 7gtronics to the S class, I have a group of friends who have paid 15k just to replace a gear box right after the 3rd year of warranty... call it suay or timing...

Reminds me of my VW Jetta 7 DSG. Can't trust technology that is too new. Better keep to the old and tested kompressor. One of the reason why i choose the FL C180K instead of the C180 7G.

This 7gtronic is not new and has been around for many years on the W211 E230 and other higher CC models. The current one on the C-class is the 7gtronic Plus.

• 2 weeks later...

This 7gtronic is not new and has been around for many years on the W211 E230 and other higher CC models. The current one on the C-class is the 7gtronic Plus.

My previous car was a C180K Kompressor Coupe. I find Kompressor engine to be under powered and noisy...After I change to the new C-class with 7G Plus with the new turbo engine and gearbox, it is a much better ride........We need to move forward with technology but of course there are risks which I think is minimum instead of moving back to the old Kompressor engine.....

• 1 month later...

bmw530..rover..toyota harrier..bmw530 (again)..mazda5..bmw650..MBr350..XF(miss this car)..Bull..S4..RS5 and now my humble merc

S4 and RS5!!! My holy grail leh, like Patek to me.......what are u doing in ur MB.....oops....Mai hoot wah

It was an excellent car. I would not have sold it not for the fact that I made 10k out of the rising Coe after driving for a yr

It will remain my fav car. Chances I may go back to a 911 or cayman r in the future.

Every enthusiast has to own a porker once in his lifetime

Mine is:

Swift - 2000(6 mths)

BMW 316i compact - 2001(6mths)

BMW 318i E46 - 2002(9mths)

BMW 520i E39 - 2002-2005

MX-5 - 2005-2010

CX-7 - 2006-2008

Porsche Cayman - 2009-2010

BMW 318i E90 - 2011-2012

C180K - 2012 - ???

U seem to like BMW alot. Can share how's the c180k compared with your previous BMW? And Any oil leak problem with BMW?

It was an excellent car. I would not have sold it not for the fact that I made 10k out of the rising Coe after driving for a yr

It will remain my fav car. Chances I may go back to a 911 or cayman r in the future.

Every enthusiast has to own a porker once in his lifetime

Sweet! Any comments on the maintenance? Ex?

U seem to like BMW alot. Can share how's the c180k compared with your previous BMW? And Any oil leak problem with BMW?

No leh....all my BMW, bullteproof from day one! the best I had was the E39 520i. I really miss that babe!!!

Well, in merc territory now, I would say, that merc has closed the gap and find the C180 pretty zippy and comfy. suspensions soft cf BMWs, but corners at 110 still sweet. Body roll negligible. this is my first merc, but the dynamics are pretty much there, being RWD!

Am happy and beginning to like this for now, but in the handling, i would still give my Cayman first, then the roundel!

Sweet! Any comments on the maintenance? Ex?

Servicing every 15k. $300-400. Lots of mechs outside who do and do a better job than Stuttgart. Mine had warranty so no issues. Most things, like brake pads, etc i bought from USA and brought to some of the porker workshops. Note, mine was a manual....and the manual was sweeet. If I am in the market, has to be at least a S model and stick shift! True drivers car!!!

the other manual that I loved was my e46 manual......sweet too

• 1 month later...