• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What car do you drive before yr new C Class?

Guest grey3443

Guest blackmercs
thanks blackmercs.

any idea what the slight differences are?

Nope didnt compare in depth for sedan. For the new coupe i can advise u between C180, C250 & C350 :).

oh i saw there is a "style package" and normal C180 coupe.. so what is that 'style package' about?

White interior trim, leather is man made & without front sensor.

Guest nightfly
thanks blackmercs.

Nope didnt compare in depth for sedan. For the new coupe i can advise u between C180, C250 & C350 :).

oh i saw there is a "style package" and normal C180 coupe.. so what is that 'style package' about?

This is the style cabin in the coupe -

Style Cabin

thanks guys for your replies.

looks like the c180 is a better buy, at least IMO..

cycle pricing is about 15K diff. but for used is 20k (for the preFL model)

i just saw someone selling a used FL w024 c200 on SGCM. but too bad not my color :(

Guest tuixin
As far as I know…

180CGI has no Parktronic, 200CGI has.

Things that I am not sure and didn’t bother to check… :lol:

180CGI came with standard 17” wheels from the Avantgarde trim. 200 has bigger wheels?

180CGI has H7 Halogen headlight, 200CGI?

180CGI no paddle shift, 200CGI?

180CGI came with Audio 20, 200CGI?

180CGI rear passenger aircon is not Thermatic, 200CGI?

180CGI rear passenger door has no blinds, 200CGI?

I think 180cgi and 200ci the same except for parkronic.

Guest zerod
thanks blackmercs.

This is the style cabin in the coupe -

Style Cabin

Thanks bro! that is nice interior... abit regret didnt choose that when i order by C180... :(

Guest APR C180
2007-2009 Subaru Impreza 1.6TS

2009-2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (love it to the max but too suped-up for urban driving)

2011 - W204 (was looking at beemer 3 series, Audi A4 and the VW Jetta, the C-class still looks best for its interior and exterior)

Bro,

Saw your nick at SG Subaru before, both of us also migrate to SGMerc from SG Subaru... ;)

Mine;

2003 first Q Civic EK4

2003 third Q WRX

2006 - 2012 WRX STI

2012 - W204

Guest rabid

guys,

how does the c200K measure up against the 5 speed c200 cgi? in terms of FC, refinement and overall driveability?

I am considering a 150+K 2010 5 speed CGI vs a 120+K 2009 kompressor.

overall diff in terms of $$ is 30K, which one makes a better buy? granted the 09 car has lower COE/paper value.

or should I stretch my budget and go for a '11 7g c180, which I've test drivemn and found it very very smooth. this one ard 160+K.

I would likely drive the car for another 2-3 years.

Guest blackmercs
guys,

how does the c200K measure up against the 5 speed c200 cgi? in terms of FC, refinement and overall driveability?

overall diff in terms of $$ is 30K, which one makes a better buy? granted the 09 car has lower COE/paper value.

or should I stretch my budget and go for a '11 7g c180, which I've test drivemn and found it very very smooth. this one ard 160+K.

5Cgi is a good enough, 7cgi comes with almost full spec of E class is worth considering.

Guest zerod
guys,

if 2010 5 spd CGI is affordable... then get the brand new c180 cgi then...

Guest zerod
so the consensus is do not get the kompressor?

kompressor will be more linear power but since u can afford 150+K, might as well go for brand new C180 CGI at abt 160+K where u get better FC, newer look, brand new car problem free and new type suspension... tiny bit lower rd tax...

more over with COE so high, paying that amt of money(150-160K) ur COE is already almost 50% of the price as compared to getting the 2nd hand C200K... on value basis C180 CGI brand new is a worthwhile buy...

Guest rabid

brand new 180CGI 7g is nearly 200k..

Any known issues with the older w204 c200 kompressor?

looking at a 07 unit..

figured that older cars might make better sense if i were to just drive it for the next 2-3 years.

looking at a 07 unit..

figured that older cars might make better sense if i were to just drive it for the next 2-3 years.

Bro, go for a brand new one whether a 180CGI or 180K depending on your budget.

The price diff between the old and new after stretching over the repayment period will not be significant however the resale value when you sell in 2 to 3 years time will make a diff.

Guest zerod

looking at a 07 unit..

they got discount one la... if they sell at listed price.. then u think so many will buy meh?

Guest dteng75

looking at a 07 unit..

depends whether you heng or suay. i bought my first conti ride in 2009 and today when i change to W204, in terms of installment i am paying almost the same as compared to the one i book with the exception that i had to pay for an additional year. last time 5 yrs installment, now 6. as my ride seems to have a little of problem, i bought it to for less headache.

IMHO, if you are buying jap/korean cars, go ahead and buy 2nd hand coz even if kapok, repair cost are still alright. for conti cars, be it volvo, benz, bmw, you name it, cost of repair is gonna be high. i am not prepare for that. if my gearbox kapok, minimum $10k upfront payment. not trying to scare you but if you to calculate whether you wanted to risk it or not. do your sums.

Guest benico

looking at a 07 unit..

I am more incline to go with Kompressor, it is something which my uncles and friends have used without much issues. Since the introduction of 7gtronics to the S class, I have a group of friends who have paid 15k just to replace a gear box right after the 3rd year of warranty... call it suay or timing...

Guest dteng75

looking at a 07 unit..

I am more incline to go with Kompressor, it is something which my uncles and friends have used without much issues. Since the introduction of 7gtronics to the S class, I have a group of friends who have paid 15k just to replace a gear box right after the 3rd year of warranty... call it suay or timing...

i always thought benz 7 gtronics is pretty stable? oh my. did i make a wrong choice :S

Guest sapporobier

looking at a 07 unit..

Reminds me of my VW Jetta 7 DSG. Can't trust technology that is too new. Better keep to the old and tested kompressor. One of the reason why i choose the FL C180K instead of the C180 7G.

Guest hayato

Mine was a Honda Civic 1.6A before converting to C180K. Figured that since I pay the same road tax amount, might as well go for conti car ;) Am still waiting for my car delivery

Guest Cklasse

looking at a 07 unit..

i always thought benz 7 gtronics is pretty stable? oh my. did i make a wrong choice :S

My friend's W211 E230 has no problem with the 7gtronic. In fact, this 7gtronic is smooth and nice to drive. I realized it can know the car is going down hill and keep the gear without shifting up.

Guest rabid

yup i've read only good things about the 7g- maybe there are isolated cases of problems..

still looking for my car. right that depreciation is mroe or less the same for new/older cars, just that the commitment time to the car is less for an older one.

a 1-3 yo car still under warranty prob makes good sense.

Guest mulderang
Was driving a 3series for 6mth' date=' felt under power, den source till a turbo charged c180, power not bad, den decided to choose it nw..[/quote']

BMW engine is about the same HP right?

Guest dteng75
Was driving a 3series for 6mth' date=' felt under power, den source till a turbo charged c180, power not bad, den decided to choose it nw..[/quote']

BMW engine is about the same HP right?

No. E90 320i was only 156hp as compared to C200 1.8 turbo of over 180hp. I believe the C180 turbo is even faster in terms of specs.

I am driving one 320i now and change to C200 because the 320i was way underpowered. In terms of acceleration, it even lose to a 2.0 Honda civic. Tested with my friend's car.

IMHO, apart from being a conti car, high speed stability and very good cornering, the 320 was nothing great unlike their latest new 2.0 turbo. In their previous version, u will need at least a 323i.