• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What car do you drive before yr new C Class?

Guest grey3443

hi all!

driving a mk6 GTI now and thinking of crossing over to a MB c200/250, for more reasons than 1.

just a quick qn- any diff between a late 2010 CGI model to the current listed blueefficiency model? from my knowledge, both are running the 7-gtronic gearbox and are 1.8 blown 4s.

Guest blackmercs
hi all!

driving a mk6 GTI now and thinking of crossing over to a MB c200/250, for more reasons than 1.

just a quick qn- any diff between a late 2010 CGI model to the current listed blueefficiency model? from my knowledge, both are running the 7-gtronic gearbox and are 1.8 blown 4s.

Welcome!! I dont think a late 2010 C class is 7G, should be 5G.

hi all!

ah!

so the blue"efficiency" comes from the 2 extra gears!

tts the diff from the older "CGI" models?

Guest Cklasse
hi all!

ah!

so the blue"efficiency" comes from the 2 extra gears!

tts the diff from the older "CGI" models?

Rabid, go for the 7gtronic car. I have owned a W203 1.8L kompressor with 5 speed and have just changed to the 1.8L turbo 7gtronic. The turbo 1.8L and the 7 speed are hell lot of difference to the 5 speed kompressor. It accelerates faster, smoother and merging into highway and overtaking are simply easy and smooth.

thanks all for your kind inputs.

looks like i have to go for new car. will be popping by see and see soon..

Welcome aboard Rabid...looking forward to you starting a complaints thread here too :woohoo:

Guest blackknight
Currently driving my first car' date=' a Honda Civic 1.8. Awaiting the delivery of my C180K which is end march, early april :)[/quote']

Really envy all of you guys....btw, welcome to sgmerc!

hi all!

still looking for my c class.

no luck so far with the 7 g tronic models..

considering the 5 AT- which is actually not too shabby:)

i realise that the c180 cgi is priced more than 20K cheaper than the 200 variant.

am i right to say the only diff (both being standard c and c specs) is the diff state of tune- ie- nothing that an aftermarket tune/piggyback cannot solve?

>$20k diff for a used car is a lot!

Guest blackmercs
hi all!

still looking for my c class.

no luck so far with the 7 g tronic models..

considering the 5 AT- which is actually not too shabby:)

i realise that the c180 cgi is priced more than 20K cheaper than the 200 variant.

am i right to say the only diff (both being standard c and c specs) is the diff state of tune- ie- nothing that an aftermarket tune/piggyback cannot solve?

>$20k diff for a used car is a lot!

$20k apart from hp the specs & features is slightly difference too.

Hi rabid

From what i see on the catalogue, the differences between the 180cgi and 200cgi is the memory seats package and parktronic with parking guidance. though i duno how true it is. maybe you should go down to C&C and ask them. also can check your gti can trade in for how much.

Good luck in your search!

thanks blackmercs.

any idea what the slight differences are?

Nope didnt compare in depth for sedan. For the new coupe i can advise u between C180, C250 & C350 :).

oh i saw there is a "style package" and normal C180 coupe.. so what is that 'style package' about?

As far as I know…

180CGI has no Parktronic, 200CGI has.

Things that I am not sure and didn’t bother to check… :lol:

180CGI came with standard 17” wheels from the Avantgarde trim. 200 has bigger wheels?

180CGI has H7 Halogen headlight, 200CGI?

180CGI no paddle shift, 200CGI?

180CGI came with Audio 20, 200CGI?

180CGI rear passenger aircon is not Thermatic, 200CGI?

180CGI rear passenger door has no blinds, 200CGI?