• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What is your FC

Guest apple088

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vincemerz

chiaster wrote:

805km before hitting the pumps! The car's FC is getting better and better! I'm really amazed. Didn't do anything to the car from what you guys already know, other than my 1st servicing done at C&C a few weeks back.

IMG_0098.jpg

Best fc award in Singapore for w204 goes to chiaster!! Simply amazing even with 19 inch rims!!!

Power!!

Guest chiaster

desmondtoo wrote:

Simply amazing...You're the Champ!!!:first:

vincemerz wrote:

Best fc award in Singapore for w204 goes to chiaster!! Simply amazing even with 19 inch rims!!!

Power!!

Thank you! Thank you! *waves right hand like Kumar* :bounce:

Guest kepiting1sg

Congrats Chiaster! U the can lah!!!!

Another good reference to take and later compare after your OBD Tuning!

Was told it's not an ECU remap/reflash but a "tuning box".

Guest chiaster

kepiting1sg wrote:

Congrats Chiaster! U the can lah!!!!

Another good reference to take and later compare after your OBD Tuning!

Was told it's not an ECU remap/reflash but a "tuning box".

Thanks, Unker! I took inspiration from your pointers to achieve such wonderful FC! :) You think I can hit 850km next? Hahaha. :) For those that think I "pussy foot" all the way, no way! There are many occasions when I was rushing and I push the car quite a bit! Just a few days ago, after karaoke with the gf, around 2am or 3am on a weekday, no cars on the road, pushed it to 190km/h. Wanted to go faster but gf was scared. Haha.

Anyway, the OBD Tuning involves a "piggy back" unit with 3 point connections in the engine bay. Apparently, it is easy to "plug and play" so when it's time to go back to C&C for servicing, remove the unit and ECU settings revert back to stock. I'm just waiting to see if the GB hits 10 and will go ahead! :)

Guest vt5sport

chiaster wrote:

Thanks, mate. :) Let's see if I can do 850km next. Heheh :)

wah sei....at 850km, even prius surrender to u.

i'm getting abt 8-8.5km/l. one tank 450km at most. 90% city driving tho. how on earth do u manage such good FC?

Guest PALMER19

Simply amazing ! I'll be a happy man if my C180k hit 650km. You should try to go all the way to Thailand with a single tank. Highway all the way !

Merc should appoint you their Blue Efficiency Ambassador.

Guest chiaster

vt5sport wrote:

how on earth do u manage such good FC?

I let the car "glide"! Use enough of the accelerator for the stretch of road in front of you. Inertia is key! A tip from Unker: drive as if you got no brakes! Hahaha. Also, other than the usual route from home to work and back, I plan all other routes such that there is minimum disruption of traffic along the way! :)

Guest chiaster

PALMER19 wrote:

You should try to go all the way to Thailand with a single tank. Highway all the way !

Merc should appoint you their Blue Efficiency Ambassador.

If it's highway all the way to Thailand, I think this car can make it with 1 tank! :)

I would be MB's Blue Efficiency Ambassador if they give me an E coupe/cabriolet for free! :bounce:

chiaster wrote:

If it's highway all the way to Thailand, I think this car can make it with 1 tank! :)

I would be MB's Blue Efficiency Ambassador if they give me an E coupe/cabriolet for free! :bounce:

Free cab ? That one Don't need to consider . Grab it !

Guest PALMER19

chiaster wrote:

And since I recommended you, I have no choice but to let them upgrade me to e-coupe too.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chiaster

what a coincidence to bump into bro desmond at pasir ris esso just now! :becky:

anyway, i mentioned before that i'll update this thread again if i better my previous record... yes, i have done so... :bounce:

not by much though, 812km on 1 tank... don't really know if i can push it to 850km... maybe i should try and hit 825km first... well, no picture no talk... here you go... :becky:

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NzAtMjAxMTA1MTMtMDAwOS5qcGc.jpg

Guest desmondtoo

chiaster wrote:

anyway, i mentioned before that i'll update this thread again if i better my previous record... yes, i have done so... :bounce:

not by much though, 812km on 1 tank... don't really know if i can push it to 850km... maybe i should try and hit 825km first... well, no picture no talk... here you go... :becky:

You're still the undisputed!!! I'm at less 300km short of yours...:Cry:

Guest mile

chiaster wrote:

Theoretically you should get 880km per tank. That's what usually indicated in the "Distance to go" after i reset after topping up a tank.

One thing i realize... if you drive relaxingly, no sudden brake, no sudden acceleration,... just lightly tapping the accelerator and let it glide, FC improves a lot. Testimony of my drive up north 2 weeks ago. But speed must be within 100-110km/h to keep RPM below 2000.

Anyway, i believe C180CGI models have the advantage of better drag coefficient (Cd 0.27 vs 0.28 of Kompressor models), and CGI is direct injection turbo, which is leaner and more efficient, max torque at 1750RPM.

I doubt C180K 1.6SC model (tho official FC figures is supposed to be better than C180CGI) .... in real world, cant quite compare to it.

Guest PALMER19

chiaster wrote:

Daimler still have not bestowed you the Ambassador title ? Let me call them.

Guest chiaster

bro, you called them already or not??? i haven't heard from them leh... hahaha... kidding lah... :becky:

PALMER19 wrote:

Daimler still have not bestowed you the Ambassador title ? Let me call them.

Guest chiaster

off air con quite difficult lah... don't want to perspire leh... maybe i try off air con when going up/down mscp... :bounce:

io5885 wrote:

Bro chiaster,

OFF ur air con n try.... LoLz :bounce:

Guest chiaster

i think 880km is possible if you drive non-stop from the time of filling up all the way till the tank runs dry... no stopping of car, no turning off the engine etc...

let me try 825km first lah... :bounce:

mile wrote:

Theoretically you should get 880km per tank. That's what usually indicated in the "Distance to go" after i reset after topping up a tank.

One thing i realize... if you drive relaxingly, no sudden brake, no sudden acceleration,... just lightly tapping the accelerator and let it glide, FC improves a lot. Testimony of my drive up north 2 weeks ago. But speed must be within 100-110km/h to keep RPM below 2000.

Anyway, i believe C180CGI models have the advantage of better drag coefficient (Cd 0.27 vs 0.28 of Kompressor models), and CGI is direct injection turbo, which is leaner and more efficient, max torque at 1750RPM.

I doubt C180K 1.6SC model (tho official FC figures is supposed to be better than C180CGI) .... in real world, cant quite compare to it.

Guest chiaster

drive e cabriolet must drive hard... the car so nice, drive slow also not shiok... better still with the top down!!! :becky: don't care about fc lah bro... :bounce:

desmondtoo wrote:

You're still the undisputed!!! I'm at less 300km short of yours...:Cry:

Guest desmondtoo

chiaster wrote:

drive e cabriolet must drive hard... the car so nice, drive slow also not shiok... better still with the top down!!! :becky: don't care about fc lah bro... :bounce:

You're right Bro...waiting for you to join the Cabrio family.:becky:

Lai lai lai...open top...:car::car::car: