• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What is your FC

Guest apple088

Guest PALMER19

Looks like I need to get used to driving the car. I suppose that's why the newer CGI models are more frugal, more torquey. I did about 8.5L/100 km on the way back today on the highway, was kind of like cruising.

So it's not true that things improve after the 1st servicing ?

Perhaps this is one of the reason we don't see many chiongster drive mercy. Most just cruise to enjoy the ride.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PALMER19

I also like the occasional sprint, but the FC really caught me by surprise. It indicAted I had a 100km to go before refilling. Travel about 20km, went shopping, restart n the fuel gauge light came on. I really damn careful not to ramp on the way back to pump petrol. Skully car stop on the highway in the pouring rain with family in tow....

Guest achuafc

When it comes to hitting the "desired target" of stated fuel consumption (fc) per 100km by manufacturers, it is often frustrating and most times the question pops out "Are you sure this car can get 7L/100KM?".

In my opinion, these stated fc are more often than not clocked in a much bigger country where there isn't much traffic lights where one needs to "stop completely and move off" situations. Such driving leads to better fc ultimately.

Not that the manufacturer's claim is bogus or exaggerating, but if we take our ride out in the wee hours where there is no traffic and do a run on the deserted highway, the manufacturer's stated fc is definitely attainable.

A drive during the day and in city areas, don't even think about it man.

I now balance my fc with the city area drives and the highway cruises to "average" out the consumption of fuel for each tank of fuel, with the ocassional, "hoot ah" sprint just to have some thrills.

Guest kepiting1sg

achuafc wrote:

When it comes to hitting the "desired target" of stated fuel consumption (fc) per 100km by manufacturers, it is often frustrating and most times the question pops out "Are you sure this car can get 7L/100KM?".

In my opinion, these stated fc are more often than not clocked in a much bigger country where there isn't much traffic lights where one needs to "stop completely and move off" situations. Such driving leads to better fc ultimately.

Not that the manufacturer's claim is bogus or exaggerating, but if we take our ride out in the wee hours where there is no traffic and do a run on the deserted highway, the manufacturer's stated fc is definitely attainable.

I now balance my fc with the city area drives and the highway cruises to "average" out the consumption of fuel for each tank of fuel, with the ocassional, "hoot ah" sprint just to have some thrills.

IMHO

U guys are all very right abt start stop driving, city driving, spirited driving.

IIRC the FC claimed by the Mfg has an Euro Std to follow.

I dunno abt W204, but the W212 has a fuel consumption gauge in the instrument display. A normal spirited tap on the gas pedal will show an instantaneous FC of >20L/100km

Beside accelerating "slowly" from a standing start, constant foot control on the gas pedal is better than adjusting your gas pedal for constant speed eg. keeping to 80km/hr.

For good FC, beside the way the gas pedal is use, the next best thing to do is to drive your car as if your car has no brakes. I am serious! :lol:

Each time U stepped on your brakes is power loss from the engine which U have made earlier when U stepped on the gas pedal.

Beside saving petrol, U save your brake pads too and also less dust on your rims.....hahahaha! :lol:

Save the earth, go green, give up your car, walk and pedal a bicycle.

Good for your health! ......heheheeh! :becky:

Take this opportunity to greet all U bros, sisters, unkers, aunties & your families

GONG XI FA CAI

kongsi.gif

Guest PALMER19

The W204 does not show instantaneous consumption figures, but I swear I saw the FC figure under 'from start' mode increase while I was at the lights. It went from 8.5L/100km to 8.7km/100km while I was stationary. I was laughing to myself, so much informAtion available on this car.

Anyway, this is a great forum, especially for a new merc owner. Wishing everyone here a very Prosperous Rabbbit Year !

Guest machineoperator

achuafc wrote:

Just travelling on NSHW... managed to clock at best 6.6km/100km. Did 550 km with half the tank with almost full load of cargo. But was mostly on 110km/h and occasional 160-180kmh. Was really amazed by this c200 kompressor when it comes to highway travelling. Put it this way .... I am please with the fuel consumption with this car on highway or constant speed. :bounce:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chiaster

Ok guys, I hit 757km before fuelling up last night. This is my best by far. Have been trying to hit at least 750km per tank the last few pumps already. I wonder if it can go to 775km or 800km per tank? Oh, and I am not sure if the "8.4l/100km" reading is correct?

IMG_0083.jpg

For W211 E240, from auto stop till you pump till overflow is more than 8 liters.

I got above 850 km before reserve light came on a few times when i travel in Malaysia. About 90% at 100 to 110 km/hr along NS highway. I pump till overflow.

When travel in Singapore, about 70% highway, I could only achieved 550km with tofu acceleration. 450km if push hard.

chiaster wrote:

Auto stop! :)

W204 fuel tank when auto stop, it is really full,... if you try to pump somemore, at most another 0.5L.

Anyway, calculating your 757km tank base on 8.4L/100km (which is about 11.9km/L) ... you should hv consumed about 63.6L ... meaning when you pump in, you should auto stop at about 63.1-63.3L ... Correct?

You are running it very very close to empty my friend. It means you only have about 2.4 L left in the tank.... or 22-28km to go depending on whether you are stuck in traffic jam or not.

If your car is at a slope, with traction control and ESP cutting in, your engine might stall.

Suggest next time, best to pump when the petrol pump logo comes on.... it means you only have about 5L to go.

Guest chiaster

Thanks for your note! :) in fact, I always only hit the pumps when my tank is near empty. The needle usually more or less covers the last pin on the dial when I drive into the petrol kiosk. I've been doing this from my first car because I don't believe in mixing different brands of fuel in 1 tank - well, at least I try to keep it to a minimal. You are right that if I am in a situation that requires the engine to work harder, then I may eventually stall. However, I plan my trips before I set off so I know where the nearest pumps are if I am on the brink of an emergency. Haha. Then again, I don't advise anyone to mimic me by only searching for a pump when your needle covers the last pin -it may be too late by then! You need to really understand how your car behaves and how much more it can go before you attempt to run the tank to almost empty. You need to establish a bond between your car and yourself. Heck, I spend time with my car everyday. I don't even see my girlfriend on certain days. You need that intimacy with your machine. That's when you will truly enjoy your ride. :)

mile wrote:

W204 fuel tank when auto stop, it is really full,... if you try to pump somemore, at most another 0.5L.

Anyway, calculating your 757km tank base on 8.4L/100km (which is about 11.9km/L) ... you should hv consumed about 63.6L ... meaning when you pump in, you should auto stop at about 63.1-63.3L ... Correct?

You are running it very very close to empty my friend. It means you only have about 2.4 L left in the tank.... or 22-28km to go depending on whether you are stuck in traffic jam or not.

If your car is at a slope, with traction control and ESP cutting in, your engine might stall.

Suggest next time, best to pump when the petrol pump logo comes on.... it means you only have about 5L to go.

Guest vincemerz

chiaster wrote:

Ok guys, I hit 757km before fuelling up last night. This is my best by far. Have been trying to hit at least 750km per tank the last few pumps already. I wonder if it can go to 775km or 800km per tank? Oh, and I am not sure if the "8.4l/100km" reading is correct?

IMG_0083.jpg

Wa!! How did u fo it? With c180 cgi?!?

Which petrol u pump? And driving style is?

One full tank 747km?!?!? Amazing!!

Guest chiaster

Yep, with C180 CGI. I pump Esso 5000. Light-footed driving and I tend to let inertia take over (ie. drive the car like it has no brakes - according to Unker). And it's 757km per full tank! :)

vincemerz wrote:

Wa!! How did u fo it? With c180 cgi?!?

Which petrol u pump? And driving style is?

One full tank 747km?!?!? Amazing!!

Guest blackmercs

chiaster wrote:

Yep, with C180 CGI. I pump Esso 5000. Light-footed driving and I tend to let inertia take over (ie. drive the car like it has no brakes - according to Unker). And it's 757km per full tank! :)

757 km, u win liao lor. this sunday give u a trophy, best FC in C class.

Guest vincemerz

chiaster wrote:

Ok man! I'm gona drain out v power!! And pump esso!

u nvr rev pass 2000 always?

Ur gear change usually at how much rpm?

Guest chiaster

I do rev past 2000 sometimes. Need to get the vehicle up to speed for cruising before being gentle on the pedal. Gear changes between 2000rpm to 3000rpm. Just keep in mind to always let your car "glide" as much as possible before you input additional power (accelerate) or use the brakes. It may not be the type of petrol used too. Last time when I was driving my ZC21 and CL7, I only pumped SPC95 and I was getting good mileage too from both cars.

vincemerz wrote:

Ok man! I'm gona drain out v power!! And pump esso!

u nvr rev pass 2000 always?

Ur gear change usually at how much rpm?

Guest kepiting1sg

Well done!

From the pic 757km @ 8.4L/100km works out to about 63L.

Your petrol tank IIRC is 66L - so theoretically U still have at least another 3L of petrol to go.....hahaha! :lol:

My younger bro is driving my previous W203 C180 which is now just passed 7 yrs old.

He's getting >700km/tank on his usual trip to his in-laws home in Ipoh.

U are rite! What brand or octance of petrol does not count much - Good FC cums from the driver himself!

Guest NewC180

No wonder nowadays I see so many MB's road hogging, so you guys are hiding here to compete for BEST FC CUP har? For me I prefer D CUP more, F is too big and C is acceptable only lor. Hahaha!

Just joking folks, great efforts to hit above 700km! It is really an achievement and I'm sure it takes lots and lots of discipline and self control! I've seen 600km on our C180 Kompressor before, but that was really really rare also.

Keep it up guys!

Guest kepiting1sg

NewC180 wrote:

No wonder nowadays I see so many MB's road hogging, so you guys are hiding here to compete for BEST FC CUP har? For me I prefer D CUP more, F is too big and C is acceptable only lor. Hahaha!

Just joking folks, great efforts to hit above 700km! It is really an achievement and I'm sure it takes lots and lots of discipline and self control! I've seen 600km on our C180 Kompressor before, but that was really really rare also.

Keep it up guys!

Go green lah! Ride a bike.....hahaha!

Dunno when garment will run out of excuses with the smlc diesel tax.

Easy on FC & tonnes of Torque!

Always beat the small bikes revving at the lights in Pleasure Island. :lol:

Guest chiaster

No road hogging! I'm always in the 2nd or 3rd lane on expressways. :)

But seriously, with rising oil prices (over 100bucks a barrel now!), we should all try and get the best mileage possible from each tank of fuel. Everyone should have a shot at trying for 700km per tank! Trust me, you'll be happy when you see those readings on your display! :)

NewC180 wrote:

Keep it up guys!

Guest NewC180

kepiting1sg wrote:

Go green lah! Ride a bike.....hahaha!

Dunno when garment will run out of excuses with the smlc diesel tax.

Easy on FC & tonnes of Torque!

Always beat the small bikes revving at the lights in Pleasure Island. :lol:

Ya man, read in ST about the E350 CDI, the torque really makes you salivate. Dunno when our garmen will change their policy on diesel vehicles.

chiaster wrote:

No road hogging! I'm always in the 2nd or 3rd lane on expressways. :)

But seriously, with rising oil prices (over 100bucks a barrel now!), we should all try and get the best mileage possible from each tank of fuel. Everyone should have a shot at trying for 700km per tank! Trust me, you'll be happy when you see those readings on your display! :)

Don't get me wrong bro, nothing wrong in being frugal and trying to achieve a better FC, and saving the earth at the same time. It's just that different people achieve happiness in a different way, and I'm cool about that. For me, like I always tell my lunch buddy, life is short, enjoy it to the fullest while you still can.

Watch this video, it's very meaningful.

For me, I still wanna get the BEST D CUP, and D stands for DRIVE, haha!

Cheers!

Unker, me still dunno how to embed videos after so long, failure man, please help me to embed the above. Kum xia!