• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What is your FC

Guest apple088

Guest arsenal

lightning wrote:

...just wondering can we actually clear carbon on SG road? thot we need to travel at least 160kph and for at least 10 ~ 15 mins or more?...i may be wrong :becky:

Try arrange with some kakis here for breakfast run to Malaysia and can back to SGP by noon......confirm you can hit your stated speed or higher at NSH.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lightning

arsenal wrote:

Try arrange with some kakis here for breakfast run to Malaysia and can back to SGP by noon......confirm you can hit your stated speed or higher at NSH.

haha..bro you start a new thread and chio lah...confirm a black A207 cab will be among the kakis going...:becky:

Guest arsenal

lightning wrote:

haha..bro you start a new thread and chio lah...confirm a black A207 cab will be among the kakis going...:becky:

whahaha...he already posted a thread in events folder, you should enroll.

Guest chiaster

Quick update, fellas...

Did 717km before hitting the pumps last night. This is my best by far. I hit the pumps after about 660km the previous tank. I always try and run the car till almost empty before topping up to full tank. Hope to do better than 717km with the current tank. BlueEfficiency!!! Yeah!!! :)

Guest achuafc

This is darn good leh. Congrats! Would this be a toufu acceleration for the entire tank of journey?

My recent observation was that my journey in the morning which is pretty much go/stop due to heavy traffic situation resulted in more fuel consumption. But when I traveled the same route at night, it uses less fuel. All these while, it's light acceleration and journey is like 80/20 expressways and roads. So my little conclusion is that it's the darn traffic we experienced in the rush hours which "kills" the fuel consumption of our ride.

Question: how much more KMs would you travel in your W204 before you really bring it the petrol station? I always have this thought of the car stalling in the middle of nowhere just because I ke kiang don't want to put in petrol and tong till very last drop, in order to check the car's consumption.

chiaster wrote:

Quick update, fellas...

Did 717km before hitting the pumps last night. This is my best by far. I hit the pumps after about 660km the previous tank. I always try and run the car till almost empty before topping up to full tank. Hope to do better than 717km with the current tank. BlueEfficiency!!! Yeah!!! :)

chiaster wrote:

Quick update, fellas...

717km !!!! wow... and all on RON95 fuel huh? This is almost 8.3L/100km

Maybe i must try and see if i can get this mileage at least once.... must not floor the throttle. I'd be happy to see 9L/100km on my dash.

Guest alex123

Yo bro Chiaster, impressive! But now that you have achieved what you have set out to do (or you have not?), please start to enjoy driving the car instead of pussy-footing it. Or else we are going to confiscate your car and replace with a Cherry QQ, scared or not?

Talking about efficiency, has anyone got any experience with the Toyota Prius? Quite interested in it.

Guest alex123

lightning wrote:

...just wondering can we actually clear carbon on SG road? thot we need to travel at least 160kph and for at least 10 ~ 15 mins or more?...i may be wrong :becky:

In my old BMW handbook, there was an instruction that if you have been driving too long in slow-moving traffic, once the road is clear, you are to drive it in a low gear at high RPM for a short distance. Maybe today's technology is such that carbon build-up is negligible? After all, these days we seldom hear of engines having to go for 'grind valve'.

achuafc wrote:

This is darn good leh. Congrats! Would this be a toufu acceleration for the entire tank of journey?

My recent observation was that my journey in the morning which is pretty much go/stop due to heavy traffic situation resulted in more fuel consumption. But when I traveled the same route at night, it uses less fuel. All these while, it's light acceleration and journey is like 80/20 expressways and roads. So my little conclusion is that it's the darn traffic we experienced in the rush hours which "kills" the fuel consumption of our ride.

Question: how much more KMs would you travel in your W204 before you really bring it the petrol station? I always have this thought of the car stalling in the middle of nowhere just because I ke kiang don't want to put in petrol and tong till very last drop, in order to check the car's consumption.

This W204 fuel gauge is damn chun .... when the petrol pump icon comes one... it means really only about 5L of petrol left ... or about 40km range.

Guest chiaster

achuafc wrote:

Well, I would say that most of it was "tou-fu" acceleration for this tank. And yes, you are right. Traffic conditions play a part in the type of fuel consumption you get. I learnt that FC suffers when the car engine is left idle for too long in traffic jams. It is also bad if you drive too slowly and brake frequently. The trick is to let inertia take over and not be too heavy on the acceleration. That's just my observation thus far. Also, I hit the pumps when the needle touches the last pin on the dial. I think I pushed it quite a bit for this tank. The needle was almost covering the whole of the last pin already when I drove into Esso. If I don't remember wrongly, I pumped 63.9litres last night.

Guest chiaster

mile wrote:

717km !!!! wow... and all on RON95 fuel huh? This is almost 8.3L/100km

Maybe i must try and see if i can get this mileage at least once.... must not floor the throttle. I'd be happy to see 9L/100km on my dash.

Yes, all on ron95 since day one. Esso 5000.

Try for optimum FC!!!

Guest chiaster

alex123 wrote:

Yo bro Chiaster, impressive! But now that you have achieved what you have set out to do (or you have not?), please start to enjoy driving the car instead of pussy-footing it. Or else we are going to confiscate your car and replace with a Cherry QQ, scared or not?

Talking about efficiency, has anyone got any experience with the Toyota Prius? Quite interested in it.

Hahahahaha... Please don't confiscate my car... I love it!!! :)

Anyway, I am going to try for 750km or 800km if possible... Once I "max out" the FC potential of the car, I'll switch my centre display away from the "from reset" screen and just have the digital speed showing!!! Hahaha... :)

Guest chiaster

mile wrote:

This W204 fuel gauge is damn chun .... when the petrol pump icon comes one... it means really only about 5L of petrol left ... or about 40km range.

I second the accuracy of the fuel gauge! My previous pump indicator light turned on when I hit around 660km or 670km.

Please don't let your needle cover the whole of the last pin then look for a petrol kiosk! It will be too late by then!

• 1 month later...
Guest machineoperator

io5885 wrote:

W204 C200 Kompressor Sep09 17" AMG rep, hurricane filter

avg 10.2km/l

used to get 9.5km/l

consumption got better after resetting the ECU as taught by other bros in the forum.

Do try it,gentleman.

it worked for me. :smile:

Bro can you kindly guide me how to reset the ECU to get better FC?

Key positions:

Position 0: when the key is just inserted into the slot without any turning.

Position 1: turn the key one click to the right (clockwise).

Position 2: turn the key another click to the right (clockwise). This should be the last position before you crank the engine. To confirm that u are in this position, all your dash board warning signs will be displayed like a christmas tree decoration

Position 3: Crank position if u turn the key one more click to the right (clockwise) but note that this position will automatically return to Position 2 once you release the presure on the key.

Rest ECU/TCU steps:

1) Make sure your car is stationary with the engine switched off and key out of the ignition and in your hand

2) sit in the driver seat

3) insert the key into position 0

4) turn the key 2 clicks clockwise to position 2

5) step on the accelerator pedal fully to the floor (until you activate the kickdown button at the end of the pedal travel) and hold for > 5 seconds. Don't need to be exact but I usually wait for about 10 seconds just to be safe..

6) now with your right foot still fully depressing the accelerator pedal, turn your key counter-clockwise to position 0 and hold for >1 second. I usually hold for 3-5 seconds with detriment to the effort.

7) now release your right foot from the accelerator. Your key should still be in the ignition hole at position 0.

8) Wait for about 4-6 minutes (the timing have been reported to varies across different models)

9) in the mean time do not touch anything electrical/buttons in the car as the ECU/TCU sort of "reboot".

10) when time is nearly up, listen for a single "tack"-sound coming somewhere from the steering column. That is indication that your reset is successful

11) now take out your key from the ignition hole and you are done.

12) if you want to drive off immediately, still must complete step (11) before re-inserting the key to start your car as usual.

After reset, you will notice that your car holds the gear longer as you drive around. Some say drive around your usual style so that it will learn it and adjust to your style optimally. Some say drive it aggressively for 10Km so that it will learn the more aggressive driving shifting and your car will be more responsive. What ever it is....you can try both ways...it's free anyway

Sorry, forgot which bro provided it liao.

Me juz cut n pasty... LoLz

Cheers!! :becky:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest machineoperator

I did just that but did not get the final "tack" sound ..... all I managed to hear is the glove compartment area and the cd changer is kinda resetting itself . Not even sure if I have done a reset the system......:Cry:

Guest PALMER19

Hi, I'm driving a C180k. Does the FC get better as you run in the car ? My 1st tank after collecting the car yielded 620km. 2nd tank yielded only 580km. City runabout shows 14L/100km ! Is this normal ? It's about a month since I took delivery.

I typically let the pump auto stop during refilling, not pump until cannot pump those type.

Guest vincemerz

PALMER19 wrote:

Hi, I'm driving a C180k. Does the FC get better as you run in the car ? My 1st tank after collecting the car yielded 620km. 2nd tank yielded only 580km. City runabout shows 14L/100km ! Is this normal ? It's about a month since I took delivery.

I typically let the pump auto stop during refilling, not pump until cannot pump those type.

I think if I don't stall and wait your engine should be at most 12litre per 100km.

Guest PALMER19

Not good leh.....where my blue efficiency go to ? Seriously, I was told that FC and power improves after 1st servicing. Now I'm really looking forward to that ! I'm not even heavy footed to start with.

Heavy car with the relatively small engine of the BE requires more fuel to get up to speed especially in a hurry. Wanna improve FC that comes at the expense of being more lightfooted on the gas pedal. Nothing comes for free lol

Guest PALMER19

It's not really about driving consciously to conserve fuel but the fact it's not hitting the expected / stated target. I'm assuming that their stated FC is not for driving like a pussy. Just wondering if it will get better. From the response, it seems that most get about 500km for a full tank. It's quite disappointing for a BE model. I also try to save the earth mah.

Guest kepiting1sg

PALMER19 wrote:

It's not really about driving consciously to conserve fuel but the fact it's not hitting the expected / stated target. I'm assuming that their stated FC is not for driving like a pussy. Just wondering if it will get better. From the response, it seems that most get about 500km for a full tank. It's quite disappointing for a BE model. I also try to save the earth mah.

Like most Bros have mentioned!

It's not just the car but the driver can save this earth much more.

It's not driving like a "pussy" but much more the style.

I've seen drivers speeding up all the way to a bend then modulate the brakes all the way around the bend.

There are also drivers like me, to let go the gas pedal timing at a speed just "nice" to enter the bend & cruise into it without stepping on the brakes and tap on the gas pedal timely & lightly to speed up again after the bend.

This is only 1 eg. of driving style to save petrol.

On my current W212, I can get as much as 7L/100km on highway but real life still averaging about only about 11L/100km.

This is due to my wife sending the kid to school with many short journeys weekly and hardly on the highway.

My previous W203, I managed to clock as low as 6L/100km on the highway from Tuas to P Ris avg. 80km/hr.

Real life for that car I did managed to average 8.3L/100km over 10,000 km

FL W211 - managed as low as 6.5L/100km - real life 9.3L/100km over 5000km.

Sometimes doesn't mean a small capacity car will consume lesser petrol than a bigger cap. car "if all things being equal."

There's a term in motoring call power to weight ratio! hp:weight

If the car engine is underpowered for it's design, it will drink more petrol than a bigger cc engine with the same body.

IIRC, the old pre 1990 carburreted W124 200E was underpowered and an 230E with the same car body pull the same body more efficiently.