• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What is your FC

Guest apple088

Guest chiaster

856km on my last tank!!! :bounce:

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NzgtMjAxMTA2MTktMTMwMS5qcGc.jpg

let's see whether the supposedly more fuel-efficient 7gtronic can beat that! if yes, then perhaps i should follow some of the bros here and dump my CGI for a 7gtronic! :becky:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vincemerz

chiaster wrote:

let's see whether the supposedly more fuel-efficient 7gtronic can beat that! if yes, then perhaps i should follow some of the bros here and dump my CGI for a 7gtronic! :becky:

mmmmm.... i think by the time Mercedes come up with 9 speed auto, still cant beat you....

thats why i say C180 CGI rules! dot sell!

Guest lightning

chiaster wrote:

bro...you drive with your engine off on flat & down slope...and push your ride when going uphill isit?.....muahahaha :bounce:

how can that be possible... :confused:

Guest achuafc

chiaster wrote:

OMG! You are the undisputed terror with FC :shocked:

Don't practice this on 1st Aug at the Driving Experience hor :bounce:

Guest lightning

PALMER19 wrote:

Mercedes Driving Experience Part II - How to hit 850km with 1 Full Tank - by Ah Chia now open for registration.

maybe ah chia made a mistake...2 tanks instead of 1...he forgotten to reset his meter after his 1st tank...:becky:

Guest io5885

Let me guess:

1. Park roadside, never go up multi-storey for carparks of office or shopping centres.

2. Park 500m away from destination n walk the talk. Good exercise time.

3. Remove spare tire.

4. Tailgate bus and lorries to reduce wind resistance.

5. Polish n wax GAO GAO to improve aerodynamics.

6. Take MRT during peak hours.

Guest parkbai

chiaster wrote:

Hi Chiaster,

Did you travel mostly by expressway and with cruise control on? I tried that once for 30 km and able to achieve 6.0L/100km (set at 85km/hr) but to sustain it...that is difficult. Have to respect you with this type of result :)

Guest desmondtoo

Bro, you're still our Champ!!!:first: Don't think anyone can top that easily!

Maybe there's a way to check if that's the best record for your class...worldwide.:becky:

PALMER19 wrote:

Mercedes Driving Experience Part II - How to hit 850km with 1 Full Tank - by Ah Chia now open for registration.

FC control lesson (limited seats)

Conduct By: Chiaster

Fee: $288 per pax ( bro chiaster pay us to attend ):becky:

register now !

1) 6008

2)

3)

4)

5)

Guest io5885

register now !

1) 6008

2) rest of sgmerc (attendance is compulsory)

When lesson start? :becky:

Guest desmondtoo

register now !

1) 6008

Lesson this coming GTG, Sunday 26June, 4.30-6.30pm, Kallang Carpark F, compulsory for all!!!

Guest lightning

desmondtoo wrote:

register now !

1) 6008

Lesson this coming GTG, Sunday 26June, 4.30-6.30pm, Kallang Carpark F, compulsory for all!!!

COURSE PREVIEW ON THIS FRIDAY @LA KOPI SESSION

see...http://www.sgmerc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=157120#post157120

vincemerz wrote:

Chiaster, pls contact C and C Ong Lai Liew on the tie up sponsorship between Sgmerc FC driving experience!

U have to expand your reach!

Bro vincemerz . Are you in for the above course ? If yes then you also must attend the preview on this Friday in order to qualify for the fee which bro chiaster will be paying .:becky:

Guest Mark_twain88

Thanks for the tips by Chiaster and Uncle.

Tried to be light footed and not stepping on the accelerator continuously. Worked on "inertia".

Not bad. Clocked 700km and no warning lights to top up fuel. Gauge shows below the last quarter mark.

Didn't test further as wife needed to drive the car for function and so topped up.

Can't believe E250 CGI and be so frugal. Unbelievable!

Thanks for the tip again!

Guest chiaster

PALMER19 wrote:

Break record again ! .... Salute salute.

thanks, bro! you think it can go further? :becky:

vincemerz wrote:

mmmmm.... i think by the time Mercedes come up with 9 speed auto, still cant beat you....

thats why i say C180 CGI rules! dot sell!

then why you sell yours??? should have kept it!!! :bounce:

lightning wrote:

bro...you drive with your engine off on flat & down slope...and push your ride when going uphill isit?.....muahahaha :bounce:

how can that be possible... :confused:

how to drive with engine off, bro? i drive normally lah... it's possible... try it... unker batam knows it's possible... :music:

achuafc wrote:

OMG! You are the undisputed terror with FC :shocked:

Don't practice this on 1st Aug at the Driving Experience hor :bounce:

don't worry! 1st august i will drive like i'm at sepang! :car:

PALMER19 wrote:

wha! serious ah? me not certified wan leh... can share experience only... :whistle:

lightning wrote:

maybe ah chia made a mistake...2 tanks instead of 1...he forgotten to reset his meter after his 1st tank...:becky:

1 tank, bro... serious... ask my gf, i always reset after i pump... :thumb:

io5885 wrote:

Let me guess:

1. Park roadside, never go up multi-storey for carparks of office or shopping centres.

2. Park 500m away from destination n walk the talk. Good exercise time.

3. Remove spare tire.

4. Tailgate bus and lorries to reduce wind resistance.

5. Polish n wax GAO GAO to improve aerodynamics.

6. Take MRT during peak hours.

mate, NEGATIVE to all your above assumptions...

1. i park wherever there's space; i live in a hdb and because i finish work late, my car climbs all the way up to the last level... i park in the basement at my work place... park in mscp too in the weekends when i'm out with gf, mom and sis for shopping...

2. i park at the destination and i do exercise the "exercise"

3. my spare tire is still in the boot... in fact, i even have the shallow boot tub and the matching big container to store all my miscellaneous stuff...

4. i don't tailgate... it's dangerous!

5. the only form of aerodynamics i have is in the form of the aerodynamic kit from c&c, which in my opinion, is purely cosmetic more than anything else...

parkbai wrote:

Hi Chiaster,

Did you travel mostly by expressway and with cruise control on? I tried that once for 30 km and able to achieve 6.0L/100km (set at 85km/hr) but to sustain it...that is difficult. Have to respect you with this type of result :)

i take ecp to work and back these days... i've only tried cruise control 2 times when i was in kpe and the speed limit was 70km/h so i set it to that... was monitoring the FC real time during the journey but i felt that it was less efficient than if i were to control the throttle myself... on cruise control, the engine works all the time to keep a constant speed regardless of the gradient of the road... rule of thumb: downslope, let go accelerator... upslope: put in enough for the car to climb... :smile:

desmondtoo wrote:

Bro, you're still our Champ!!!:first: Don't think anyone can top that easily!

Maybe there's a way to check if that's the best record for your class...worldwide.:becky:

thanks, bro! hoping for more of you folks to join me! save money, save the earth! :peace:

Mark_twain88 wrote:

Thanks for the tips by Chiaster and Uncle.

Tried to be light footed and not stepping on the accelerator continuously. Worked on "inertia".

Not bad. Clocked 700km and no warning lights to top up fuel. Gauge shows below the last quarter mark.

Didn't test further as wife needed to drive the car for function and so topped up.

Can't believe E250 CGI and be so frugal. Unbelievable!

Thanks for the tip again!

good stuff, mate! keep it up! e250 is heavier than c180... 700km before warning light is good but i'm sure you can do better! :clap2:

Guest chiaster

wha!!! you guys sibei steady lah!!! pay only 12bucks for mercedes-benz driving experience PLUS lesson on FC?!?!?!

bo weh gong... :shocked:

hahahahaha...

6008 wrote:

register now !

1) 6008

2)

3)

4)

5)

io5885 wrote:

register now !

1) 6008

desmondtoo wrote:

register now !

1) 6008

lightning wrote:

COURSE PREVIEW ON THIS FRIDAY @LA KOPI SESSION

see...http://www.sgmerc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=157120#post157120

vincemerz wrote:

Chiaster, pls contact C and C Ong Lai Liew on the tie up sponsorship between Sgmerc FC driving experience!

U have to expand your reach!

6008 wrote:

Bro vincemerz . Are you in for the above course ? If yes then you also must attend the preview on this Friday in order to qualify for the fee which bro chiaster will be paying .:becky:

Guest kepiting1sg

chiaster wrote:

i take ecp to work and back these days... i've only tried cruise control 2 times when i was in kpe and the speed limit was 70km/h so i set it to that... was monitoring the FC real time during the journey but i felt that it was less efficient than if i were to control the throttle myself... on cruise control, the engine works all the time to keep a constant speed regardless of the gradient of the road... rule of thumb: downslope, let go accelerator... upslope: put in enough for the car to climb... :smile:

With this statement I can attest that U have gone all out to improve FC.

U are very right that for better FC, it's better for you to control the throttle yourself than using cruise control.

It's right that regardless of the gradient especially going up, the throttle will compensate by increasing the throttle response to keep to the set cruise control speed. :hand:

My next ride.....I will throw FC to the wind!.....If I can get avg. 7km/ltr, I will be quite heppy! :lol:

Some nice past photos from my Dec 2007 FL W211 Avantgarde

Distance travelled 35 km FC 3.8L/100km or 26km/L

3725577497_28c42b53b7_b.jpg

Distance travelled 100 km FC 5.6L/100km or 17.9km/L

3725577501_6904930ab5_b.jpg

Guest blackmercs

"rule of thumb: downslope, let go accelerator... upslope: put in enough for the car to climb..."

On a straight road put to neutral let the car behind push yr ride? Will this help?

Guest chiaster

Hahahahaha... Do that only when you're playing "bumper car" in an amusement park! Hahaha!

blackmercs wrote:

On a straight road put to neutral let the car behind push yr ride? Will this help?

Guest vincemerz

conclusion: Maybe Chiaster the Computer in the c class record is inaccurate? fainted.:llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama::llama: