• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What is your FC

Guest apple088

Guest Cerano

Luci Ride wrote:

Brudder thanks for your kind words in assisting to alleviate my heartache, actually it's not worth it if you ask me cos it's drinking habits worse then my GTR & slower than GTR plus aircon crap as compared to GTR hence regretted buying it. Only good thing going for it to me is that it's more comfortable than the GTR :Cry:

aiyo.

gtr is purely race car bro.

you want the prestige then its definitlely your c63.

///AMG leh

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bbwannabe

Hmmm.... now that I have sold my W203 I thought I can share with you all my long term track of my FC. (See attached PDF, just for fun!)

Feels like army driver some how. Haha...

Present W211, about 8.5KM/L normal footed-ness, 45% urban, 550% expressway.

Link

• 6 months later...
Guest achuafc

Hi to all,

am a newbie in here. Would be collecting my ride (W204 C180) pretty soon and to join in the discussion with you fellas.

Does anyone has any observations on the fuel consumption for the Blue Efficiency W204 models so far?

Cheers.

achuafc wrote:

Hi to all,

am a newbie in here. Would be collecting my ride (W204 C180) pretty soon and to join in the discussion with you fellas.

Does anyone has any observations on the fuel consumption for the Blue Efficiency W204 models so far?

Cheers.

I am getting ard 7.6-8L/100km on my C180 CGI. 80% highway. Not bad in my opinion...did nearly 700km plus before indicator lights up :becky:

Guest vt5sport

Pumper wrote:

I am getting ard 7.6-8L/100km on my C180 CGI. 80% highway. Not bad in my opinion...did nearly 700km plus before indicator lights up :becky:

How long b4 ur ride achieves this figures? Mine's abt 1000km onli and doing abt 90% city driving and the trip comp shows 12L/100km.

Guest blackmercs

vt5sport wrote:

How long b4 ur ride achieves this figures? Mine's abt 1000km onli and doing abt 90% city driving and the trip comp shows 12L/100km.

U guys can hit 700 & 1000 km? on yr full tank???? C180 W204 models???? Wow if confirm, i dump my ride sooner.

Guest apple088

blackmercs wrote:

U guys can hit 700 & 1000 km? on yr full tank???? C180 W204 models???? Wow if confirm, i dump my ride sooner.

Yeah how to reach >700km on a full 60L tank?? Please tell me .... how how how ???

I need to visit tiger market every 450~480 km lei ....

Guest vt5sport

blackmercs wrote:

I mean my mileage is 1000km onli. Been averaging 8.3km/L which ain't great but maybe mine is still running in and always kena alot of stop-go traffic along Bkt Timah.

Guest blackmercs

vt5sport wrote:

I mean my mileage is 1000km onli. Been averaging 8.3km/L which ain't great but maybe mine is still running in and always kena alot of stop-go traffic along Bkt Timah.

Yrs is a CGI or kompressor model?

my C180K 1.6SC also getting about 8.8-9km/L only.... about 75% city / 25% highway.

My full tank can get me about 480-500 before light come on.

One thing is, this car's fuel gauge is darn accurate. I tried running the tank down to needle almost touching empty.... when pumping, i was shock when petrol kiosk's meter hit 65L .... which means i have only 1L of petrol inside.

And when the fuel nozzle jump by itself... at most i can top up another $0.50 .... no more.

Which means the fuel pipe is really straight. And this car is really German straight. Full is full, empty is empty.

I also do notice using RON98 gives better mileage.

Guest blackmercs

vt5sport wrote:

CGI, stock as a bone and running on Caltex 95 Techron.

This explains why yr FC is about 8.3km/litre. CGI model FC is higher compare with kompressor model. My fren E class kompressor model FC about 10km/litres.

blackmercs wrote:

This explains why yr FC is about 8.3km/litre. CGI model FC is higher compare with kompressor model. My fren E class kompressor model FC about 10km/litres.

Strange that CGI consumption is higher.

CGI stands for Charge Gasoline Injection (or direct injection ... similar to VW/Audi's FSI), which should give better mileage and emission compared to non direct injection engines in theory.

I would think that CGI has better mileage and power.

vt5sport wrote:

Mine Jul 10 C180 is coming 7000km...FC seems to get better after 5k km..

My W204 CGI is averaging 9.5km/litre now, close to 4,500km. Highest hit is 10.2km/litre. Average mileage is always more than 550km. All on 95RON with 50city/50highway.

Agreed FC is getting better at every pump.

W204 C200 Kompressor Sep09 17" AMG rep, hurricane filter

avg 10.2km/l

used to get 9.5km/l

consumption got better after resetting the ECU as taught by other bros in the forum.

Do try it,gentleman.

it worked for me. :smile:

Guest achuafc

Pumper wrote:

Mine Jul 10 C180 is coming 7000km...FC seems to get better after 5k km..

Pumper's mileage per L acheived is highly desirable (7.6-8L/100km)! That is quite close to the technical specs. But strangely, the rest of responses from other forumers are registering a lower mileage acheived so far, which leads me to suggest that everyone has a different driving pattern, perhaps.

So pumper, have you done anything to your C180 CGI so far? What's your driving pattern like (light-footed)?

Can anyone also share any opinions on whether how you "treat" your car during the initial 1000km (running in, if MB cars actually do need that?) could determine the future of your car's appetite in the long run?

Cheers guys! :hand:

C180 CGI, maiden tank lights up at 598ish. tofu right foot. acceleration rev seldom pass 2.5k.

"C" mode with 70% highway and 30% city and crazy jams. aircon on all the time.

2 pax mostly. very stocks except for 2 decals. boot with 1 umbrella.

tires pumped to 240Kpa all 4.

1/2 tank dunno what C7C gives, the other half self pump 98 octane from SPC.

Weather condition mainly dry with 2 rainy trips lasting <2hours.