• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What is your FC

Guest apple088

Guest chiaster

Ok, just an update, fellas. I broke my record again. Managed to hit 780km before re-fuelling. I am seriously quite amazed with the FC on this car. Can I hit 800km next? Stay tuned. :)

IMG_0088.jpg

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chiaster wrote:

Ok, just an update, fellas. I broke my record again. Managed to hit 780km before re-fuelling. I am seriously quite amazed with the FC on this car. Can I hit 800km next? Stay tuned. :)

IMG_0088.jpg

Simply quite amazing. ... but i notice your average speed is 39km/h.... shows that you're on highway most of the time. My average speed per tank is about 32-33km/h. Also about 19hrs usage... but got me about 550km at most. You sure you are on 235/35/19 and RON95 ?

Guest chiaster

I mentioned somewhere else that I am mostly on highway from Monday to Friday and city driving in the weekends. So yeah, I guess that translates to "highway most of the time". It also helps that you plan your route such that you encounter traffic that's smooth as much as possible.

Mate, this is my car and I know what I drive. I am on 235/35/19 all round and have been on esso 5000 since day 1.

By the way, I also squeezed in 1 session of "spirited" driving this morning at 4.30am. Drove from my place to my girlfriend's place to pick her up so that I can send her to the airport. So, as you can see, it's not all "pussy footing" the accelerator here. :)

First 15k servicing at the end of this tank. Hopefully FC maintains or better still, improves.

All the bros driving the C180 CGI, if I can get this kind of FC, you guys should all take a shot at it too. Every tank you pump will only get more expensive so I think it makes sense to try and save some money on petrol.

mile wrote:

Simply quite amazing. ... but i notice your average speed is 39km/h.... shows that you're on highway most of the time. My average speed per tank is about 32-33km/h. Also about 19hrs usage... but got me about 550km at most. You sure you are on 235/35/19 and RON95 ?

Guest chiaster

Mate, keep trying to achieve optimum FC for your style of driving. I have shown that it is possible for 1 tank to run 780km in our island without having to do the NS highway route. Unker Batam mentioned before that good FC comes from the driver. I would have to agree. Tweak the driving style a little and you'll be amazed with what FC you can get. :)

vincemerz wrote:

Chiaster fc is really power.

I'm now on esso 95 doing 100km per 10 litre at best!

Unless highway no jam, I can get 6.7 litre per 100km.

Guest vincemerz

Wa! Super big rims!

Show us pics of your ride!

Does 19 inch make the ride noiser? Or?

chiaster wrote:

I mentioned somewhere else that I am mostly on highway from Monday to Friday and city driving in the weekends. So yeah, I guess that translates to "highway most of the time". It also helps that you plan your route such that you encounter traffic that's smooth as much as possible.

Mate, this is my car and I know what I drive. I am on 235/35/19 all round and have been on esso 5000 since day 1.

By the way, I also squeezed in 1 session of "spirited" driving this morning at 4.30am. Drove from my place to my girlfriend's place to pick her up so that I can send her to the airport. So, as you can see, it's not all "pussy footing" the accelerator here. :)

First 15k servicing at the end of this tank. Hopefully FC maintains or better still, improves.

All the bros driving the C180 CGI, if I can get this kind of FC, you guys should all take a shot at it too. Every tank you pump will only get more expensive so I think it makes sense to try and save some money on petrol.

Guest chiaster

I posted some pictures of my ride last year when I changed into the new rims and springs.

Here you go:

http://www.sgmerc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18099&page=4

More rubber and lower profile tyres will definitely add some road noise to the ride but the car's sound insulation is quite good so it doesn't bother me at all. Small trade-off for better road holding and handling. :)

vincemerz wrote:

Wa! Super big rims!

Show us pics of your ride!

Does 19 inch make the ride noiser? Or?

Guest apple088

I am now on reserve fuel since this morning when I drive to work. It says 101 km more to go. When I reach office after traveling 36km it still says 101 km more to go ...

How accurate is this system?

Guest chiaster

Is your car stock? Any performance/handling upgrades? If it's fully stock, you should be getting much more than 500km per tank. Otherwise, it just boils down to traffic conditions and driving styles.

rmjunior wrote:

780KM!!?? Fantastic ..the max I could achieve probably 500KM for 1 full tank...

Guest chiaster

I personally don't rely on this reading so I won't know. Maybe you were super light-footed during your 36km journey and the computer re-calculated your reserve amount of fuel? Where is your fuel gauge pointing now?

apple088 wrote:

I am now on reserve fuel since this morning when I drive to work. It says 101 km more to go. When I reach office after traveling 36km it still says 101 km more to go ...

How accurate is this system?

Guest chiaster

Keep trying, mate. Let inertia take over. :)

rmjunior wrote:

Mine is fully stock...i travel 70% on highway as well, but still kind of stop-go due to peak hours...maybe will try to drive more light footed ;)

Guest apple088

chiaster wrote:

I personally don't rely on this reading so I won't know. Maybe you were super light-footed during your 36km journey and the computer re-calculated your reserve amount of fuel? Where is your fuel gauge pointing now?

fuel gauge is pointing 2 thicks above 0

When I hit the pumps - ended up 61.5 L

though the max of the fuel pump is 60L ??

Guest chiaster

2 pins above 0 is still ok. I pump when my fuel gauge covers the whole of the last pin on the dial. Not saying that you should follow my style though, especially if you're unsure or far away from the nearest petrol kiosk. Anyway, last few tanks have been pumping at least 65L++. How many KMs did you run on that last tank eventually?

apple088 wrote:

apple088 wrote:

C180/200K BE or not.... 66L capacity ... usually yellow light comes on at 58L with 8L to go.

Newer C180/200/250 CGI only fuel tank 59L (as per specs).

Guest apple088

chiaster wrote:

2 pins above 0 is still ok. I pump when my fuel gauge covers the whole of the last pin on the dial. Not saying that you should follow my style though, especially if you're unsure or far away from the nearest petrol kiosk. Anyway, last few tanks have been pumping at least 65L++. How many KMs did you run on that last tank eventually?

601km for a full tank My FC poor 10 km /L on average - already a light footer ... the Peak hr traffic sucks. just this morning my FC reads 8 km / l

Guest chiaster

I know how traffic can be a b***h. Do you use your brakes a lot? Like, braking abruptly and so on? I'm not saying that you shouldn't brake but try and let your car roll to a standstill if you're approaching lights and only brake to stop fully. Unker Batam also mentioned before to "drive as if you got no brakes". Basically, it's to let inertia work to your advantage. Keep trying. 600km per tank isn't too bad compared to many others. Try for 650km next. Good luck! :)

apple088 wrote:

601km for a full tank My FC poor 10 km /L on average - already a light footer ... the Peak hr traffic sucks. just this morning my FC reads 8 km / l

Guest apple088

chiaster wrote:

I know how traffic can be a b***h. Do you use your brakes a lot? Like, braking abruptly and so on? I'm not saying that you shouldn't brake but try and let your car roll to a standstill if you're approaching lights and only brake to stop fully. Unker Batam also mentioned before to "drive as if you got no brakes". Basically, it's to let inertia work to your advantage. Keep trying. 600km per tank isn't too bad compared to many others. Try for 650km next. Good luck! :)

Unavoidable to use brakes during peak hr traffic. If not will leave painful lovebites.

Best on my record 630km during school holidays. How I wish its school holidays everyday. I know some parents with little monsters here differ.

Guest chiaster

Use the brakes but be gentle with them. All the best! :)

apple088 wrote:

Unavoidable to use brakes during peak hr traffic. If not will leave painful lovebites.

Best on my record 630km during school holidays. How I wish its school holidays everyday. I know some parents with little monsters here differ.

Guest taptapdude

recenlty after changing from 98 to 95, fuel economy seems to be so much better...

still got almost half tank and i have done almost 230km liao...but somehow feels quite sluggish leh...

Guest kepiting1sg

taptapdude wrote:

recenlty after changing from 98 to 95, fuel economy seems to be so much better...

still got almost half tank and i have done almost 230km liao...but somehow feels quite sluggish leh...

Bro! Want powder and want ekonomi - quite contradicting leh! :lol:

Guest achuafc

sluggish? Don't like that lei. With you running on 95 and the normal 1.8l CGI or K engines running "jet fuel" also cannot catch up lah.

When you need powder, then you put in XO type of fuel lor.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chiaster

805km before hitting the pumps! The car's FC is getting better and better! I'm really amazed. Didn't do anything to the car from what you guys already know, other than my 1st servicing done at C&C a few weeks back.

IMG_0098.jpg