• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New E200

Guest Sal20

Guest lightning

Mr. M wrote:

Hmm... Yours is Avantgarde trim from C&C?

yap...dark ash wood trim from c&c...you came to see my ride with mark and another friend last Sunday... :whistle:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr. M

lightning wrote:

yap...dark ash wood trim from c&c...you came to see my ride with mark and another friend last Sunday... :whistle:

Ah yes, now I remember.

That means those PI selling Avantgarde without the hooded gauges might not be selling 'real' Avantgarde models. :shocked:

Guest Sal20

Dear Esteem Owners of E200 from AD & PI,

Thank you to all for the very valuable feedback.

I started this thread and has followed closely on all the postings. Till date, I have yet to make a booking for my E200/250.

To help those who are thinking of buying from PI, I thought I should summarise the following salient points of the concerns of buying a E200/250 from a PI:

• no PI can match specs for specs from AD at this moment;
  • go for highest specs possible when buying from PI;
  • concern on servicing and in the event of recall (who to go to?);
  • uncertainly of adoption by AD - S$500 to 10K? Treated as 2nd class if decision is to take up AD adoptation.
  • keyless entry and memory seats are the most highlighted concern missing features from bros here when buying from PI;
  • moon roof was once a popular (past) feature? Pay the premium now for moon roof but unable to sell at a premium in the 2nd hand market...Singapore too hot to have moon roof.
  • important to choose the right reputable PI (ensure good sleep in the night :) when purchasing from PI

The above is the summary based on the memory of my reading.

Happy searching for those thinking of going down the PI route.

Cheers :)

Guest NewC180

Sal20 wrote:

Dear Esteem Owners of E200 from AD & PI,

Thank you to all for the very valuable feedback.

I started this thread and has followed closely on all the postings. Till date, I have yet to make a booking for my E200/250.

To help those who are thinking of buying from PI, I thought I should summarise the following salient points of the concerns of buying a E200/250 from a PI:

• no PI can match specs for specs from AD at this moment;
  • go for highest specs possible when buying from PI;
  • concern on servicing and in the event of recall (who to go to?);
  • uncertainly of adoption by AD - S$500 to 10K? Treated as 2nd class if decision is to take up AD adoptation.
  • keyless entry and memory seats are the most highlighted concern missing features from bros here when buying from PI;
  • moon roof was once a popular (past) feature? Pay the premium now for moon roof but unable to sell at a premium in the 2nd hand market...Singapore too hot to have moon roof.
  • important to choose the right reputable PI (ensure good sleep in the night :) when purchasing from PI

The above is the summary based on the memory of my reading.

Happy searching for those thinking of going down the PI route.

Cheers :)

Nice summary!

It is never a easy task to compare specs, price, trade in price between AD and PI, simply too many variables.

List prices by AD are before overtrades, so please bear this in mind. Also, AD and PI sometimes can offer very different price for your current trade in car.

Difference in actual purchase price will not be so huge if you take into account of (1) lower OMV, (2) missing features, (3) warranty issues, (4) peace of mind?

Lastly, I am definitely not anti-PI and I'm sure there are some good PIs around that do a good and honest business, just sharing my views and what I know.

Good luck to those looking to get their new rides soon!

My 2 cts again, and again....

Guest kepiting1sg

Mr. M wrote:

Hey guys,

I need some help.

Those of you with your W212s, could you check if your instrumentation looks like:

1) 007vbr.jpg

Or

2) large1852711765682.jpg

And state whether you have the SE, Elegance, Avantgarde or AMG trim. Thanks!

Because I read the press release and Avantgarde should have 2), but I'm seeing quite a number of Avantgarde E250s without it. Is there something fishy going on? Considering that the SE/Elegance is easily 'facelifted' to look like an Avantgarde... :scared:

C&C Elegant Model has pic 1

C&C Avantgarde, Cabrio & IIRC Coupe has pic 2.

The general price diff between Avantgarde & Elegant or even SE

may not warrant the facelifting.

To facelift the front grill, bumper, the Bi-Xenons with auto levelling(If no autolevelling, the tell tail sign will be the manual light level adjustment switch on the dash) DRL, Burl wood to ash wood trimmings, LED rear signal lights not easy and not cheap.

It could be because of different overseas market options.

Go C&C and get a free book brochure and it will list out most of the diff between Elegant & Avantgarde.

If U need a good SE, the one recommended to me by Bro Blackmerc is steady pun pee pee. 10 days delivery means 10 days! After signing still as enthusiastic as B4.

I took delivery on a Sunday and I saw my SE cleaned up my ride becos no cleaning ladies on Sunday.

Save - Buy PI with the highest options but may still forgo some AD options.

Want almost all the options & sleep well at nite - go AD:becky:

Guest kepiting1sg

notti wrote:

unker kep,

Does your gps has the map with kpe and if your contact able to update on a w221?

What is the damage like?

He can do tv tuner as well?

Hallo Notti,

It's a Garmin Blackbox GPS Model GVN53.

It can work with all Garmin Maps including maps from Malsingmap, MalFreeMaps and Jerome Wee Maps.

Not only KPE but all latest map updates Jerome Wee - V394 dated end May '10. or MFM 30th May 2010.

Digital TV currently has 3 channels i.e TV5, TV8 & CNA.

For me, I dun wanna add in a DVD cos my son will wanna play it all the time.

I dun wanna the locally fitted C&C Reverse Camera next to the rear view mirror boxed LCD.

IMHO, it looks ugly and make the car looks "cheap"

I paid for a very good resolution rear view camera and view it from the stock LCD panel. The RC resolution looks better than the OEM camera.

Basically my Multi-Media interface still has 2 more inputs left for

DVD/Changer, Carputer, etc.

Cost will depends what U wanna instal and varies from $2k to $3k

I will post pictures later when I've the time.

The GPS Map resolution on my E small LCD screen looks very good.

Guest Mr. M

kepiting1sg wrote:

C&C Elegant Model has pic 1

C&C Avantgarde, Cabrio & IIRC Coupe has pic 2.

The general price diff between Avantgarde & Elegant or even SE

may not warrant the facelifting.

To facelift the front grill, bumper, the Bi-Xenons with auto levelling(If no autolevelling, the tell tail sign will be the manual light level adjustment switch on the dash) DRL, Burl wood to ash wood trimmings, LED rear signal lights not easy and not cheap.

It could be because of different overseas market options.

Go C&C and get a free book brochure and it will list out most of the diff between Elegant & Avantgarde.

If U need a good SE, the one recommended to me by Bro Blackmerc is steady pun pee pee. 10 days delivery means 10 days! After signing still as enthusiastic as B4.

I took delivery on a Sunday and I saw my SE cleaned up my ride becos no cleaning ladies on Sunday.

Save - Buy PI with the highest options but may still forgo some AD options.

Want almost all the options & sleep well at nite - go AD:becky:

I already got the brochure a year ago, when we test drove both the E200 and E250... :becky:

The search continues...

Sal20, want to share notes? PM me.

Guest blackmercs

Raskie wrote:

kekeke ... dun take too long ... next thing you know, you wanna wait for the FL model ...

Apart from FL, COE and car price headed north!!!

Guest Mr. M

Raskie wrote:

kekeke ... dun take too long ... next thing you know, you wanna wait for the FL model ...

blackmercs wrote:

Apart from FL, COE and car price headed north!!!

All noted! Going to see our preferred spec car this evening, if all goes well, will let you guys know. :becky:

Guest achtungbaby

Hi Mr M.

Gd luck for the search...hope they will be able to offer you what you are looking for.:)..perhaps Sal20 cld also follow u since he too is still waiting to take the plunge too..just a tot.

so which PI will you be looking at ?

Guest kepiting1sg

Mr. M wrote:

All noted! Going to see our preferred spec car this evening, if all goes well, will let you guys know. :becky:

Didn't the silver came in yesterday for viewing?

Guest poh6702

Everyday only hear the price going north, when COE went up, the price adjusted up, when Yen went up, Jap car price went up. :Cry:

Euro$ went down by 15% last few months, we should see some reduction in price:bounce:, don't we? Especially for those Mercs that are made in Germany.

Guest blackmercs

poh6702 wrote:

Everyday only hear the price going north, when COE went up, the price adjusted up, when Yen went up, Jap car price went up. :Cry:

Euro$ went down by 15% last few months, we should see some reduction in price:bounce:, don't we? Especially for those Mercs that are made in Germany.

Yes euro went down but not e car price, only e OMV

Guest manualisbetter

hi, not sure is the mb omv low now due to euro xchange drop... i was told recently that e200 omv avantagrde still command at 46-48k now.. is it considered low?

Guest NewC180

manualisbetter wrote:

hi, not sure is the mb omv low now due to euro xchange drop... i was told recently that e200 omv avantagrde still command at 46-48k now.. is it considered low?

I think it's not too bad. FYI, the new BMW 523's OMV is only 40k!

Guest kepiting1sg

NewC180 wrote:

Dunno true or not!

List price is $229,800 & $226,888 for AD 523 Highline & E250CGI Avantgarde

People telling me 523 Highline OMV only $43k nia :shocked:

E250 CGI Avantgarde is a few $$ shy of $57k

523 is huge i.e longer(nearly 3m wheelbase footprint) & broader than E250, Bigger & sweet 6 pots engine, 8 Spd filled with lots of goodies

Can be like that meh?

Guest NewC180

kepiting1sg wrote:

Dunno true or not!

List price is $229,800 & $226,888 for AD 523 Highline & E250CGI Avantgarde

People telling me 523 Highline OMV only $43k nia :shocked:

E250 CGI Avantgarde is a few $$ shy of $57k

523 is huge i.e longer(nearly 3m wheelbase footprint) & broader than E250, Bigger & sweet 6 pots engine, 8 Spd filled with lots of goodies

Can be like that meh?

Unker, it is very very very true.

523 OMV 40K

523HL OMV 45K

E200 OMV 51K

E250 OMV 55K

All costs are transparent, you can see here:

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.MainPar.0047.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

All the ppl that bought the new 5 all KPKB kenna makan.

PML laffing to the bank....

Guest Mr. M

achtungbaby wrote:

Hi Mr M.

Gd luck for the search...hope they will be able to offer you what you are looking for.:)..perhaps Sal20 cld also follow u since he too is still waiting to take the plunge too..just a tot.

so which PI will you be looking at ?

We went for Leco Prestige in the end... Praying hard for a good COE price tomorrow! :becky:

Guest poh6702

NewC180 wrote:

Unker, it is very very very true.

523 OMV 40K

523HL OMV 45K

E200 OMV 51K

E250 OMV 55K

All costs are transparent, you can see here:

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.MainPar.0047.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

All the ppl that bought the new 5 all KPKB kenna makan.

PML laffing to the bank....

OMV is the landed cost of the vehicle, if the Euro has dropped and I am sure the OMV will be lower, then the 20% import duty, 7% GST and 100% ARF will correspondingly lowered, should couple with $35k COE instead of $45k few bidding ago, price should be revised down rightfully.

Keep my finger crossed.

Hi Mr M,

Care to pm me details of your purchase?

Am shopping around for a PI ride too.

Hope you get your coe soon.

Tks

Mr. M wrote:

We went for Leco Prestige in the end... Praying hard for a good COE price tomorrow! :becky:

Guest manualisbetter

NewC180 wrote:

that's gd to know... given this is for a PI unit and saving close to 25k... thanks..

523 such a low OMV is due to the euro drop? a bit crazy isn't it taking the selling price... PML smile (maybe laught) all the way to the bank :8

Guest NewC180

poh6702 wrote:

OMV is the landed cost of the vehicle, if the Euro has dropped and I am sure the OMV will be lower, then the 20% import duty, 7% GST and 100% ARF will correspondingly lowered, should couple with $35k COE instead of $45k few bidding ago, price should be revised down rightfully.

Keep my finger crossed.

The thing is, with the drop in Euro, seller's costs went down tremondously. But the difference didn't go to the buyer and went to the seller's margins instead. IMHO, C&C is still quite 'kind' in their pricing compared to the blue-white propellor. I think this will be a rare occasion whereby PI's OMV might be higher than AD for the 523!

manualisbetter wrote:

that's gd to know... given this is for a PI unit and saving close to 25k... thanks..

523 such a low OMV is due to the euro drop? a bit crazy isn't it taking the selling price... PML smile (maybe laught) all the way to the bank :8

There's a lot of market talk on this now, on why is the OMV so low??? Is it really ONLY becos of the Euro or........

Guest mercaltec

SA in PML can only guarantee the F10 (523basic) has an OMV not less than 37K! Yet, they increase sell price by 27K since launched! They are really taking buyers as suckers.

When i asked about the low OMV and why increased sell price, he has the cheek to tell me due to lower Euro rate (doesn't that means cheaper cost?) and they increase sell price to be fair for those who book during pre-launched. (so you're trying to make me an even bigger sucker here?)