• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New E200

Guest Sal20

Guest Raskie

milkyway wrote:

sal20, could u pm me which PI u went to , and has the lowest quotation? thanks!

do consider all other factors besides $$$ esp on the PI route. You dun want to be stranded over a folded-up PI when you need them later on ...

personally, i think a $10K savings between AD and PI (assume the same spec) is not alot. With AD, you know you get peace of mind ....

i would go for the avantgarde model where possible as you will get most of the options included ..

if i am not mistaken, PI cannot bring in the elegance model as this is exclusive to C&C (tie-up with Germany). What PI does s to bring in the Classic and try to spec-up to Elegance spec which I believe is mainly cosmetic.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest notti

yest lance msg me say yest suppose to meet and compare notes?

btw e250 avantagarde from trusted PI is the way to go - it's cheaper than SD by $20k-$30k

No point buying elegance, u got prob reselling - most sg folks like the avantgarde trims

milkyway wrote:

sal20, could u pm me which PI u went to , and has the lowest quotation? thanks!

Guest achtungbaby

hi lance/notti/sal20/milkyway..(anyone else?)

looks like a nice grp no. to get a further discount from the PIs for the E200/250 if possible or even from C&C if we all chicken out from the PI route..ha..

Just a suggestion.. is this fri too late to meet say 9:30pm at Dempsey Dome for those who might want to compare notes? If so, perhaps the following week same time and venue?

Guest lancevp

Raskie wrote:

do consider all other factors besides $$$ esp on the PI route. You dun want to be stranded over a folded-up PI when you need them later on ...

personally, i think a $10K savings between AD and PI (assume the same spec) is not alot. With AD, you know you get peace of mind ....

i would go for the avantgarde model where possible as you will get most of the options included ..

if i am not mistaken, PI cannot bring in the elegance model as this is exclusive to C&C (tie-up with Germany). What PI does s to bring in the Classic and try to spec-up to Elegance spec which I believe is mainly cosmetic.

Actually, one PI told me that avantgarde always comes from Germany.

the elegance, not necessarily. Don't know if it's true. But that's one more reason to get avantgarde if you are buying from PI.

Guest lancevp

achtungbaby wrote:

hi lance/notti/sal20/milkyway..(anyone else?)

looks like a nice grp no. to get a further discount from the PIs for the E200/250 if possible or even from C&C if we all chicken out from the PI route..ha..

Just a suggestion.. is this fri too late to meet say 9:30pm at Dempsey Dome for those who might want to compare notes? If so, perhaps the following week same time and venue?

Would love to go but not available tomorrow. Then I'll be abroad for the next few weeks starting this weekend. But I will have my internet access so I can still compare notes!

Guest achtungbaby

thats ok..its just takes so much time to type them out..ha..

Unfortunately lance, i found out that most of the units from the PIs comes from, believe it or not, Hong Kong. Prior to dat was from the UK(right hand drive setup). They are not completely wrong to say its from Germany as the parts are indeed from there..

Guess it made me ponder alittle more but the PIs price is just so much more attractive with the desired specs..

Guest milkyway

achtungbaby wrote:

thats ok..its just takes so much time to type them out..ha..

Unfortunately lance, i found out that most of the units from the PIs comes from, believe it or not, Hong Kong. Prior to dat was from the UK(right hand drive setup). They are not completely wrong to say its from Germany as the parts are indeed from there..

Guess it made me ponder alittle more but the PIs price is just so much more attractive with the desired specs..

the cars are still original fr germany right? its just that the cars are exported for the HK market and then re-exported here.

achtungbaby, i cant meet u guys today cause i work till 1030pm , keep me in the loop and see if we can get a discount if we all buy from the same PI , haha . im more interested in the E200 avangarde

Guest kepiting1sg

milkyway wrote:

the cars are still original fr germany right? its just that the cars are exported for the HK market and then re-exported here.

achtungbaby, i cant meet u guys today cause i work till 1030pm , keep me in the loop and see if we can get a discount if we all buy from the same PI , haha . im more interested in the E200 avangarde

IMHO,

I m told for most of the conti cars like Mercs & esp Audis are from Germany.

Most of the PIs get their cars usually from UK or HK.

1st they have to register the car in UK or HK and go for a vehicle inspection by the local vehicle authorities and this certificate is 1 of the documents by LTA.

Then they have to de-registered the car within 15 days to be re-exported to SG.

I m also told that LTA is gearing up for this inspection service, so in future

the PI cars can be directly imported to SG for the inspection.

Persoanlly I'll be glad to have a car for the HK market than a car for the UK mkt being the weather & temp in HK is more similar to SG.

For one - the car cooling system "could be different" for the temperate country.

Guest Winningeleven

Hi everyone , it has been a long time since i last post in sgmec , can see lots of familar nicks , its time for me to change my ride ,

BTW i'm considering getting a E250 AMG package from PI , wanna get the pano roof with full AMG kit , any good lobang ?

Dun wanna get from C&C , cos their servicing so ex... i prefer to service outside , my last merc was from C&C , but only went there twice to service.

Guest kepiting1sg

Winningeleven wrote:

Hi everyone , it has been a long time since i last post in sgmec , can see lots of familar nicks , its time for me to change my ride ,

BTW i'm considering getting a E250 AMG package from PI , wanna get the pano roof with full AMG kit , any good lobang ?

Dun wanna get from C&C , cos their servicing so ex... i prefer to service outside , my last merc was from C&C , but only went there twice to service.

wahahahaha!...long time no sound no shadow and appear so suddenly!

huat arhhhhh!!!!!!

I may take that E250 path too probably later!

Keep us inform & welcum back!

New Merc dun need to play ICE & waste money....hahahaha!:becky:

Guest Winningeleven

Hi uncle kepiting ,

Wow uncle still remember me , very touch , hope to join this big family again ,

BTW New merc will still play ICE lah , but probably just change to a good pair of speaker and amp than run a processor to set my sound stage , and of cos sound proof the car , but now considering between new E250 or a used porsche boxster S , still thinking .........

Guest merc212

Hi all,

I think the PI I bought my E250 Avantgarde from has 2 units ex stock of E200 Avantgarde if anyone is interested.

I'm only recommending bec the SE is very friendly and helpful even after delivery of my car.

Can PM me if you need to hook-up with him.

P.S I'm not advertising on his behalf & I do not get any commission.

Guest notti

Hi merc 212

Don't mind you can pm me the SE contact and the price and specs of the e200 avantgarde?

I am compiling it into a factsheet for the meetup

Does anyone know pi cars all come with only keyless entry but not keyless go except for some pi. Can MBM or cycle install keyless go locally and whatr is the price?

merc212 wrote:

Hi all,

I think the PI I bought my E250 Avantgarde from has 2 units ex stock of E200 Avantgarde if anyone is interested.

I'm only recommending bec the SE is very friendly and helpful even after delivery of my car.

Guest milkyway

merc212 wrote:

Hi all,

merc212, yr pm is off. could u pm me instead? thanks!

Guest notti
k...those interested..suggest to meet up and compare notes this thurs 2 Apr 2010 at dome(dempsey) 2130hrs..

1) achtungbaby

2) notti

3) Lance (I chop for him cos he's overseas till this friday)

Guest merc212

Oops! I didn't know PM is inactive by default. Sorry, will sort it out when I get home. Drive Merc also made me "uncle" already! :becky:

Kinda difficult to navigate using iPhone. Will get more details then PM you guys.

Guest notti

Merc212

rem hor, PI keep calling me to place deposit COE up > $30k leow

merc212 wrote:

Oops! I didn't know PM is inactive by default. Sorry, will sort it out when I get home. Drive Merc also made me "uncle" already! :becky:

Kinda difficult to navigate using iPhone. Will get more details then PM you guys.

Guest merc212

notti wrote:

Merc212

rem hor, PI keep calling me to place deposit COE up > $30k leow

My PM is up and running! :becky:

I PMed you already... the price was given this morning so there might be changes. Yes, prices rising fast :fish:

Guest poh6702

notti wrote:

k...those interested..suggest to meet up and compare notes this thurs 2 Apr 2010 at dome(dempsey) 2130hrs..

1) achtungbaby

2) notti

3) Lance (I chop for him cos he's overseas till this friday)

I am confuse with the date? This thursday is today 25 Mar 10, and 2 Apr 2010 is next friday (not Thursday).

I am new to this forum and may consider drop by on 2 Apr, but got to be sure it is Thursday or Friday.

Guest notti

Let's try next week (Thurs or Frid) as Lance and I cannot make it today

achtung and poh, please leave your name and mobile in my pm. applies to those who want to meet up as well. thanks

btw all price increase from $10k to $15k for PI and Cycle. when we meet next week, we only got another 1 week to deliberate and finalise the booking before COE bidding day and hence the next wave of px increase or decrease - unlikely scenario

poh6702 wrote:

I am confuse with the date? This thursday is today 25 Mar 10, and 2 Apr 2010 is next friday (not Thursday).

I am new to this forum and may consider drop by on 2 Apr, but got to be sure it is Thursday or Friday.

Guest milkyway

just called the PI contact fr merc212 , price increased 10K ! :shocked:

i was wondering if we all knew the price to going up why didnt we book the car earlier? not sure abt u guys but now having to pay 10k more , my wallet sure feels a little hurt .