• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New E200

Guest Sal20

Guest poh6702

Since this is a willing buyer willing seller market, seller can ask for any price as long as buyer is willing to pay for it, the deal is sealed.

Besides COEs, Euro$, I have seen it somewhere before the W212 was launched; the cost of producing W212 is lower than W211, but......:frusty:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest achtungbaby

wow..din even check the omv last for the F10..gd think i had stuck to the merc eventually..

So how is the price (OMV) determined? when the car leaves the port of origin or when they reach our shores?

Guest NewC180

achtungbaby wrote:

wow..din even check the omv last for the F10..gd think i had stuck to the merc eventually..

So how is the price (OMV) determined? when the car leaves the port of origin or when they reach our shores?

Taken from onemotoring.com:

OMV

What is OMV? It stands for Open Market Value.

OMV is assessed by the Singapore Customs (Tel: 6355 2000), taking into account purchase price, freight, insurance and all other charges incidental to the sale and delivery of the car from country of manufacture to Singapore.

Guest NewC180

mercaltec wrote:

SA in PML can only guarantee the F10 (523basic) has an OMV not less than 37K! Yet, they increase sell price by 27K since launched! They are really taking buyers as suckers.

When i asked about the low OMV and why increased sell price, he has the cheek to tell me due to lower Euro rate (doesn't that means cheaper cost?) and they increase sell price to be fair for those who book during pre-launched. (so you're trying to make me an even bigger sucker here?)

37k x 2.3 + 40k (say COE is 40k) = 125k.

Sell at 215k make 90k per car. Damn, can't swallow!

Guest blackmercs

NewC180 wrote:

Cannot swallow then cum lor!! Btw in Thailand asking price for W212 is close to red dot too. Despite without COE, their import taxs is extremely high. Mia tu liao, buy what u like not what u can afford, my lunch buddy say one!!

Guest lightning

NewC180 wrote:

bro Heng... bite the bullet...MTL b4 COE reach Thailand...now near KL liao...:whistle:

Guest NewC180

blackmercs wrote:

Cannot swallow then cum lor!! Btw in Thailand asking price for W212 is close to red dot too. Despite without COE, their import taxs is extremely high. Mia tu liao, buy what u like, not what u can afford, my lunch buddy say one!!

Wow, your lunch buddy damn can! I like! Life is short!

Guest NewC180

lightning wrote:

bro Heng... bite the bullet...MTL b4 COE reach Thailand...now near KL liao...:whistle:

Unfortunately, there's nothing that is within my means that catches my eyes now. Still need a 4 door for now, sigh.....

Guest Mr. M

40k Cat B COE, I was watching it all afternoon and it is simply scary how fast it jumps!

Anyway, thankfully it is a successful bid! Even though it is a high COE, what done is already done, time to enjoy the car... Collecting tomorrow! :becky:

Guest lightning

NewC180 wrote:

Unfortunately, there's nothing that is within my means that catches my eyes now. Still need a 4 door for now, sigh.....

bro...COE reached KL liao today...driving toward Penang now...by Aug probably drinking tomyam soup...MTL :whistle:

Guest NewC180

lightning wrote:

bro...COE reached KL liao today...driving toward Penang now...by Aug probably drinking tomyam soup...MTL :whistle:

Still haven't found my new love yet, so reach Chiang Mai also not my problem la....

Was interested in the new 5 during the pre launch, but after seeing the preview car, can't really take the smaller 7 and bigger 3 look, plus now looking at the pathetic OMV, I'm passing for now...

I'm sure W212 is a nice car, but it didn't catch my eyes also...

Deep inside I want a porky, but 4 door is important to me now and the panamera is out. Hopefully I can live with 2 doors in a year or two I hope.

But if I tio toto tomorrow, it will be an entirely different story already!

Huat ah!

Guest kepiting1sg

Mr. M wrote:

40k Cat B COE, I was watching it all afternoon and it is simply scary how fast it jumps!

Anyway, thankfully it is a successful bid! Even though it is a high COE, what done is already done, time to enjoy the car... Collecting tomorrow! :becky:

Congrats James getting your new ride tmr!!!!:hand:

Welcum to the family!!!!!!

U mean on previous open cat COE or today get COE tmr get car?

Guest Raskie

NewC180 wrote:

Deep inside I want a porky, but 4 door is important to me now and the panamera is out. Hopefully I can live with 2 doors in a year or two I hope.

Go for Porky ... sweet sweet ride .... get a second 6-7year old honda or toyota for the family outing la ...

can start with 987 boxster ... you'll luv it

Guest NewC180

Raskie wrote:

Go for Porky ... sweet sweet ride .... get a second 6-7year old honda or toyota for the family outing la ...

can start with 987 boxster ... you'll luv it

Wow you can read my mind! 'Old' ppl think alike!

I always wanted to get a used porky and use it as a weekend car, then I can keep my current rides which I love a lot also. Don't think I wanna use the porky as a daily commute though. More of a hobby car in that sense. But big problem is, money no enough!

Wish me good luck for tomorrow's toto!

Guest Mr. M

kepiting1sg wrote:

Congrats James getting your new ride tmr!!!!:hand:

Welcum to the family!!!!!!

U mean on previous open cat COE or today get COE tmr get car?

Thanks!

We got the 40k COE yesterday - so we had to top up - well, just our luck!

Just a few hours left now!

Guest kepiting1sg

Mr. M wrote:

Thanks!

We got the 40k COE yesterday - so we had to top up - well, just our luck!

Just a few hours left now!

Guess I was spot on the COE!

BTW I checked my old PMs - U wrote to me 3 years back.

U told me U were a writer for HotStuff Magazine

and wanted to feature my ICE setup in CoolStuff Magazine....and I replied

U - all my ICEStuff were sold!!!!....muhahaha! :becky:

Want GPS & RC ai mai!!!!!.....kakaka!!!!:Cry:

Guest Mr. M

kepiting1sg wrote:

Guess I was spot on the COE!

BTW I checked my old PMs - U wrote to me 3 years back.

U told me U were a writer for HotStuff Magazine

and wanted to feature my ICE setup in CoolStuff Magazine....and I replied

U - all my ICEStuff were sold!!!!....muhahaha! :becky:

Want GPS & RC ai mai!!!!!.....kakaka!!!!:Cry:

We retained plate, so no new number... But last checked it is at SJX.

Bro, not 3 years lah... More like 3 months! :becky: I'm quitting my job there this month to go uni! :bounce:

Guess what, first day and we're experiencing an issue with Parktronic already! Acting up when there's nothing there at all, specifically the front left sensor... Will be monitoring it. Hopefully it is just a sensor that gotten dirty. Cleaned it last night and so far today it is OK... Fingers crossed!

Otherwise, the car drives beautifully! Those waiting for the 7G gearbox, it is not as fantastic as it is made out to be because the old 5 speeder is such a wonderfully smooth item! On the highway it doesn't sit at a particular high rpm too (at 100kmh, probably about 2krpm or so) so you won't really miss the 2 extra gears. I think if you drive a Benz as it should be driven, then the 5-speeder is more than sufficient.

That said, if you go for the AMG package then I'd suggest going for the 7-speeder! Shifts are a lot faster and more gears to play with.

Anyway, end of OT. Still running in! Has anybody went for their first service yet? Some say at 1,000km, some say the car will be smart enough to tell you when and there are no fixed service intervals... What is true? :shocked:

Guest achtungbaby

kickin' ass Mr M..:)

'M' sure ur turning heads at each light stop...ha. Cant wait for mine now.. any plans to sent it for sealant/grooming yet?

Sal20..u got ur ride yet?

Guest kepiting1sg

Mr. M wrote:

We retained plate, so no new number... But last checked it is at SJX.

Bro, not 3 years lah... More like 3 months! :becky: I'm quitting my job there this month to go uni! :bounce:

Guess what, first day and we're experiencing an issue with Parktronic already! Acting up when there's nothing there at all, specifically the front left sensor... Will be monitoring it. Hopefully it is just a sensor that gotten dirty. Cleaned it last night and so far today it is OK... Fingers crossed!

Otherwise, the car drives beautifully! Those waiting for the 7G gearbox, it is not as fantastic as it is made out to be because the old 5 speeder is such a wonderfully smooth item! On the highway it doesn't sit at a particular high rpm too (at 100kmh, probably about 2krpm or so) so you won't really miss the 2 extra gears. I think if you drive a Benz as it should be driven, then the 5-speeder is more than sufficient.

That said, if you go for the AMG package then I'd suggest going for the 7-speeder! Shifts are a lot faster and more gears to play with.

Anyway, end of OT. Still running in! Has anybody went for their first service yet? Some say at 1,000km, some say the car will be smart enough to tell you when and there are no fixed service intervals... What is true? :shocked:

Probably got the date mixed up! :hand:

Go Uni arh?

Like Bro DarkAvenger!

Hope your sensor problem go away!

Told 1st servicing 15k km.

I will do it after 5k km.

Guess you enjoy the comfort of your ride rite??? :becky:

Guest Mark_twain88

Hi All,

I have done the C&C Sealant Package on day 1 before getting my E250 last week.

Not too sure how is it compared to other brands such as toughseal, amazingglaze, etc.. but seems shiny and bright now...

Have decided to do this in C&C since future re-do can use service credit to offset.... and can probably re-apply everytime when sent in for servicing.

Have tried toughseal in my last ride (C180).... first time application quite good, but after sales service not so wonderful since they focus on 1st time customer (bigger money).

How's the rest of you? Care to share what sealant you guys tried?

Cheers,

Mark

achtungbaby wrote:

'M' sure ur turning heads at each light stop...ha. Cant wait for mine now.. any plans to sent it for sealant/grooming yet?

Guest Mr. M

achtungbaby wrote:

It is my dad's ride actually so I don't really drive it that much. I still love my GTI very much. :becky:

No plans for grooming yet, I know my dad won't spend a lot on this - any recommendations?

When is your car coming? E250 Avantgarde also?

kepiting1sg wrote:

Probably got the date mixed up! :hand:

Go Uni arh?

Like Bro DarkAvenger!

Hope your sensor problem go away!

Told 1st servicing 15k km.

I will do it after 5k km.

Guess you enjoy the comfort of your ride rite??? :becky:

I was also told 15k km for first servicing, seems a bit long... Well, let's see if the onboard computer is smart enough.

Question: Do you guys have the option Intelligent Light System? We have it, but it says it is disabled for right-hand drive! What about you guys?

I turned on Highbeam Assist and it works perfectly, though seldom as SG is so well-lit. But the cornering headlamps and the 'light up the kerb' function is both awesome, very useful!

Yes, the car is so comfortable, to the point where it gets a bit scary as I feel so detached from the road!

Guest Mark_twain88

If you have received the instruction manual when you bought the car, there is an additional leaflet for some minor corrections on the message indicated in your intelligent lighting system. Read it and you will understand that the function is working fine.

I have this intelligent lighting as standard package too as I bought the avantgarde version. Enjoying it everyday!

Cheers,

Mark

Guest kepiting1sg

Mark_twain88 wrote:

If you have received the instruction manual when you bought the car, there is an additional leaflet for some minor corrections on the message indicated in your intelligent lighting system. Read it and you will understand that the function is working fine.

I have this intelligent lighting as standard package too as I bought the avantgarde version. Enjoying it everyday!

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Can I say that with this function, U can only flip & hold the high beam only but U cannot push down the lever to turn on the high beam continously?

Guest Mark_twain88

Hi kepiting1sg,

I always have the Intelligent Light System ON and the High Beam Assist function ON, so the high beam flip will be disabled.

Have tried to off High Beam Assist function (will confirm again later) and the high beam flip will be available. If I didn't remembered this wrongly, I think it can be pushed down and turn on the high beam continuously.

Will check later and will confirm.

Cheers,

Mark

kepiting1sg wrote:

Hi Mark,

Can I say that with this function, U can only flip & hold the high beam only but U cannot push down the lever to turn on the high beam continously?