• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New E200

Guest Sal20

Dear bros & friends,

I just joined this forum and this is my 1st post.

I am considerating of buying the new E200 from PI - potential savings of S$20K over C&C. Need the advise from the experts here what are te difference (shortfall in specs) in terms of specs for the E200 brought in by the PIs vs C&C.

Many thanks and Happy New Year 2010.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sal20 wrote:

Dear bros & friends,

I am considerating of buying the new E200 from PI - potential savings of S$20K over C&C. Need the advise from the experts here what are te difference (shortfall in specs) in terms of specs for the E200 brought in by the PIs vs C&C.

specs.. got more no less..

mine also PI, coming 3years, perfectly in great condition, never had any problem at all..

Sal20 wrote:

Dear bros & friends,

Welcome to SGMERC

Give our sponsor, Vincar a call , ask them to list it out the diff for you to compare.

Guest Vincar

Hi Sal20,

Welcome to Sgmerc.

I'm represent Vincar, we bring in the new E200CGI W212 Model Avantguard.

Give me a ring @ 90288233 for further enquiry.

Sal20 wrote:

Dear bros & friends,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest xtrocious

wj74 wrote:

Yup. I have a e200 from C&C .. but I would go for PI anytime.

I learnt my lesson already :)

Yo bro

Care to share your lesson?

My next car is likely to be the E-Coupe :)

For the E250, PI is 20K lower. But a trip to C&C somewhat made me ponder...

SE is saying that no PI workshop can service the latest CGI technology and that they have customer 'begging' them to take in their PI cars, even for replacing their lost PI remote key is a problem.

i felt that SE is pushing a little too hard on this. Plus, 20g is a lot in savings.

appreciate it if someone can advise me on this. Hopefully to get my first merc, tks.

SE saying PI's car need to beg AD ???

This guy must be new......

Anyway, unless you getting a 'Duplicate' Merc Benz from PI, if not why AD wont service your car ? AD = Aurthorise Dealer , Not Principle .

Yes, if you got a PI's car and need to send in AD for service, your appointment might need to wait longer, cost a little higher + some additional admin fee, but since you getting a PI's E, why bother to go back AD ?

I will go PI's way .....not only for the saving but......search thru this forum about AD vs PI, you should have the answer.

Happy searching....

Cheers

9339 wrote:

SE saying PI's car need to beg AD ???

This guy must be new......

Anyway, unless you getting a 'Duplicate' Merc Benz from PI, if not why AD wont service your car ? AD = Aurthorise Dealer , Not Principle .

Yes, if you got a PI's car and need to send in AD for service, your appointment might need to wait longer, cost a little higher + some additional admin fee, but since you getting a PI's E, why bother to go back AD ?

I will go PI's way .....not only for the saving but......search thru this forum about AD vs PI, you should have the answer.

Happy searching....

Cheers

Bro 9339 is right....and just to add few points C&C used to be the master distributors' and can control everything such as the margins, workshop , and spares and etc.. now they are just an AD... When you make too much the maunfacturer would come in and take over the business as this is the case even for my electronics industry ..why let others make the $$$ when you can make it yourself..OK, back to the point...the car key thing and Servicing is pure stupid to say, Mercedes Benz cars are having warranty world wide means even if you Parallel Import the local respective agent still need to honour the warranty and repairs but might be tricky as you need the/your PI to coordinate with them to do the claims and repairs.... a little tricky but can overcome... this is not like a camera or PC which is straight forward... but they still have to honour and only thing is you don't get the usual 10% parts discount and preferential treatment to reserve servicing slots and that's it and your work order would just take a little longer....... the rest are the same... It's your call BRO........

Guys,

Thanks for your feedback, it came very timely as my SE just called to say that they are offering a special discount for this CNY. Otherwise i might have made the plunge this weekend.

Will take my time to check with a few PI first.

altec wrote:

Guys,

Thanks for your feedback, it came very timely as my SE just called to say that they are offering a special discount for this CNY. Otherwise i might have made the plunge this weekend.

Will take my time to check with a few PI first.

Good Luck and go for high spec if you choose PI ... Avantgarde trims with AMG sport package ..panaromic roof and etc....add all this would still be cheaper than AD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bilsteiner

jsiau wrote:

Good Luck and go for high spec if you choose PI ... Avantgarde trims with AMG sport package ..panaromic roof and etc....add all this would still be cheaper than AD

this alternative compared to those come fitted with AMG kit , the omv is different rite?

as in AMG kitted, omv is higher, avantgarde is lower rite?

appreciate all enlightment.

cheers.

Guest bbwannabe

Hi Bilsteiner,

Not necessary. There are two easy ways to check. You can either visit this LTA link to see the average OMV. This only works if your car is different from the batch imported by C&C. The value shown there is the average of the OMV of that batch of cars.

Alternatively, you can visit sgcarmart.com and see the OMV (Authorised and not PI) of used cars. My suspicous is that it doesn't increase. They usually add in stuff to shore up the value of older models (no offense) to improve buyability when newer models come in. All authorised dealers have such promotion when the new model comes in (think C250 CGI).

However, it is boon to both buyer and sellers. I believe you got your paranomic roof and sports kit for 'free' right? That is nearly a $8k option.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr. M

Hi guys,

Have anybody bought the W212 E200/E250s from PIs and would like to share their experience?

Also in the same boat, considering whether to go C&C or PI route... Thanks!

Guest ACSLK

Mr. M wrote:

Hi guys,

Have anybody bought the W212 E200/E250s from PIs and would like to share their experience?

Also in the same boat, considering whether to go C&C or PI route... Thanks!

i think whichever can give you the best spec plus best best best rate then go for it.........as new car usually no problem at all one........(so far, touch wood)

cheers

Guest notti

ACSLK wrote:

i think whichever can give you the best spec plus best best best rate then go for it.........as new car usually no problem at all one........(so far, touch wood)

cheers

Hmm.. how about when you resell, the buyer mindset is always more pro cycle's car than pi's car? (even though we know cycle is a AD now)

I am thinking of getting a pre-owned w221 from republic auto (subsidiary of cycle) over a brand new pi w212 as i feel the former was serviced by cycle and that somehow assures me even though i know it's up to the owner to service their cars to fit in my budget

anyone who sold their pi cars can share their experience? :)

Guest Raskie

notti wrote:

Hmm.. how about when you resell, the buyer mindset is always more pro cycle's car than pi's car? (even though we know cycle is a AD now)

I am thinking of getting a pre-owned w221 from republic auto (subsidiary of cycle) over a brand new pi w212 as i feel the former was serviced by cycle and that somehow assures me even though i know it's up to the owner to service their cars to fit in my budget

anyone who sold their pi cars can share their experience? :)

buy high sell high and vice versa lor ....

if u have car to trade in, RA gives very bad offer ... if u can get full service history for that car, it does not really matter it is services by C&C or outside workshop.

there are more and more PI cars running on the streets these days ... if your sell price is right, buyer will bite.

Guest Sal20

Down the road in 3 years time, there will be many W212 E200/E250 CGI in the 2nd hand market. At that time, no body can turn away a low selling price that will most likely secure a buyer. In a year time, there will be used import for W212 and this is something worth looking at as an another option.

I opined that C&C is selling at too much a premium for the W212. Anytime I won't mind buying a W212 from a more reputable PI.

Guest notti

Yes totally, RA only offer $77k for my B170 after negotiating!

Whereas SGcarmart owners and dealers are selling at $88k.

So i guess you know where the money goes in between :P

any brudders can share teir experience selling their mercs directly?

Raskie wrote:

buy high sell high and vice versa lor ....

if u have car to trade in, RA gives very bad offer ... if u can get full service history for that car, it does not really matter it is services by C&C or outside workshop.

there are more and more PI cars running on the streets these days ... if your sell price is right, buyer will bite.