• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New E200

Guest Sal20

Guest bbwannabe

LOL! Definitely sell direct man. I got nearly $8K more than the best price offered by a dealer. And that dealer's offer was already $5k over the rest of the dealers.

Take some nice pic, show off how you have babied your car. Focus on the strenghts of your ride and understand your target seller I guess.

Strengths could be like Low Mileage, Desirable Colour Combi, Serviced by C&C, Unique Feature, Accident Free, Parked Under Shelter, Groomed Regularly. Things like that, be honest and not copy this entire list! Haha...

Target seller wise... I believe young executive and students might like the model. Maybe you can describe how practical it is with the fold down seats, spacious seats, young sporty loook and safety. Co financier of those people might want safety for the drivers.

Good luck with your sale!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest notti

Wow BB I got a lot to learn from you

Which model were you selling then?

And where did you post your ad, who to look for paper work transfer ??

bbwannabe wrote:

LOL! Definitely sell direct man. I got nearly $8K more than the best price offered by a dealer. And that dealer's offer was already $5k over the rest of the dealers.

Take some nice pic, show off how you have babied your car. Focus on the strenghts of your ride and understand your target seller I guess.

Strengths could be like Low Mileage, Desirable Colour Combi, Serviced by C&C, Unique Feature, Accident Free, Parked Under Shelter, Groomed Regularly. Things like that, be honest and not copy this entire list! Haha...

Target seller wise... I believe young executive and students might like the model. Maybe you can describe how practical it is with the fold down seats, spacious seats, young sporty loook and safety. Co financier of those people might want safety for the drivers.

Good luck with your sale!

Guest bbwannabe

Ahaha... okay lah. Happy to share my experience. Pleasant one so okay to share.

I posted on sgcarmart. It costs $38 to post (runs for 6 weeks) but the viewership is amazing. I strongly believe all car buyers will drop by here to see the list of cars available on the market.

You can give this guy Peter (9664-6190) a call. I won't be getting commission (I really ought to, cause there is usually a cut for the person recommending). HAHA...

How it works in the market is this, if you manage to do insurance for the buyer, you get 5% cut on that guy's insurance. If you do the loan for him as well, expect 1.5%-2.5% of the loan amount as commission to YOU. Financiers like Peter earn on both btw, much more than what you get.

For you, you get a cut and can be freed from the paper work. These percentages are a gauge only, you are giving HIM business (out of thin air), so make your money's worth. If you want to earn more, you can DIY and get amazingly high cut for yourself.

Guest notti

BB

if i buy the new e250cgi from pi, will you have difficulty to sell say after 3 years wen warranty is over?

Will customers complain it is not frm cycle even tho it's well maintained and the price is right?

bbwannabe wrote:

Ahaha... okay lah. Happy to share my experience. Pleasant one so okay to share.

I posted on sgcarmart. It costs $38 to post (runs for 6 weeks) but the viewership is amazing. I strongly believe all car buyers will drop by here to see the list of cars available on the market.

You can give this guy Peter (9664-6190) a call. I won't be getting commission (I really ought to, cause there is usually a cut for the person recommending). HAHA...

How it works in the market is this, if you manage to do insurance for the buyer, you get 5% cut on that guy's insurance. If you do the loan for him as well, expect 1.5%-2.5% of the loan amount as commission to YOU. Financiers like Peter earn on both btw, much more than what you get.

For you, you get a cut and can be freed from the paper work. These percentages are a gauge only, you are giving HIM business (out of thin air), so make your money's worth. If you want to earn more, you can DIY and get amazingly high cut for yourself.

Guest bbwannabe

lol... nv go down that route before. but as a buyer, i usually shun PI units.

i might try PI if it is already out of warranty and everything is okay at the point of sale.

hmm... the real problem I guess is that dealers sell them only marginally cheaper than authorised units when the OMV is up to 10k cheaper

Guest Raskie

notti wrote:

BB

if i buy the new e250cgi from pi, will you have difficulty to sell say after 3 years wen warranty is over?

Will customers complain it is not frm cycle even tho it's well maintained and the price is right?

What do you mean by difficulty ? if you are talking about lower price, it is normally expected that a PI unit should cost less than an agent unit (viz-a-viz the same spec) ... Do expect buyers to use the "It's not an agent unit" ...

But as mentioned, if buyer-seller agree on a price, what's the fuss ?

What's the diff amongst :

(a) agent car serviced by agent

(B) agent car serviced outside

© PI car serviced by agent

(d) PI car serviced outside

Pls remember in the eyes of Daimler, all Merc are the 'same' ....

It all boils down to personal preference, who service you best, price vs spec, delivery and service ability ... some are die-hard agent only while others are just as happy with outside w/s. There is no right or wrong ...

Bottom line .... go for the E250 !!! :P

Guest notti

Thanks raskie for that PI confidence

I have already visited 5 PIs for the w212.

Very kiasu: i have even have a sample spec list i created my home to compare wit theirs (complete with item code!)

I am reaching the stage of comparing the best px for e200 avantgarde $170k or e250 avantgarde for $180k

Any brudders can share their experience?

Raskie wrote:

What do you mean by difficulty ? if you are talking about lower price, it is normally expected that a PI unit should cost less than an agent unit (viz-a-viz the same spec) ... Do expect buyers to use the "It's not an agent unit" ...

But as mentioned, if buyer-seller agree on a price, what's the fuss ?

What's the diff amongst :

(a) agent car serviced by agent

(B) agent car serviced outside

© PI car serviced by agent

(d) PI car serviced outside

Pls remember in the eyes of Daimler, all Merc are the 'same' ....

It all boils down to personal preference, who service you best, price vs spec, delivery and service ability ... some are die-hard agent only while others are just as happy with outside w/s. There is no right or wrong ...

Bottom line .... go for the E250 !!! :P

Guest achtungbaby

Hi notti.

sharing the same sentiments here with yer. looking toward the PI way as well for the E250. Din do the specs bit tho..care to share that?..Was actually comparing the specs from these PIs against the new 5 series..

Guest notti

Here it is baby, let me know the specs for your 5 series too. We can meet to discuss our findings, just me pm me your number :)

E250 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY Avantgarde

4 Cylinders / 1,796cc / 204 Horsepower

Comfort / Convenience

* 5-speed automatic tranmission (423)

* Audio 20 CD with intergrated 6-disc CD-changer (510)

* Comfort-oriented DIRECT CONTROL suspension

* Electrically adjustable front seats, with memory package (485)

* ISOFIX rear child seat attachment points

* Media interface with consumer cable kit (518)

* Mirror package (249)

* PARKTRONIC incl. parking guidance (230)

* THERMATIC 2-zone automatic climate control (580)

* Remote Boot Closing

* Hands free system with Bluetooth

* Reverse Camera

Exterior

* 17" light alloy wheels (R11)

* Metallic paintwork

* Panoramic Sunroof

Luxury

* Black ash wood trim (736)

* Leather steering wheel and shift / selector lever

* Leather upholstery

* Sun Protection Package (sunblinds for rear doors & electric sunblind for rear windscreen)

Active Safety

* Adaptive brake with HOLD function and hill-start assist

* ATTENTION ASSIST

* Brake Assist System (BAS)

* Intelligent light system with Bi-Xenon headlight and cornering light (621)

* NECK-PRO

* PRE-SAFE

* Tyre pressure loss warning

Passive Safety

* Front airbag and sidebags

* Sidebags in rear (293)

* WIndow bags (290)

achtungbaby wrote:

Hi notti.

sharing the same sentiments here with yer. looking toward the PI way as well for the E250. Din do the specs bit tho..care to share that?..Was actually comparing the specs from these PIs against the new 5 series..

Guest milkyway

notti wrote:

Thanks raskie for that PI confidence

I have already visited 5 PIs for the w212.

Very kiasu: i have even have a sample spec list i created my home to compare wit theirs (complete with item code!)

I am reaching the stage of comparing the best px for e200 avantgarde $170k or e250 avantgarde for $180k

Any brudders can share their experience?

i'm also looking to buy a E200 from PI as C&C price seems to be a tad too high. notti, i ve called a few PIs, mainly in the range of $150k plus , not the avantgarde version though.

notti, any recommendation which PI is more reliable to you?

Guest achtungbaby

Just a suggestion..Would you guys be interested to meet up to compare notes? Got a few quotes from some PIs mayb can get better discout if we all get from the same guy..?

Guest lancevp

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I am interested in an e200 avantgarde. Anyone with a sample spec sheet? Or would it be roughly the same as the e250 spec sheet posted earlier. I just want to make sure it would be similar to the C&C version, not a stripped down version. Thanks.

Guest notti

you got pm dude!

achtungbaby wrote:

Just a suggestion..Would you guys be interested to meet up to compare notes? Got a few quotes from some PIs mayb can get better discout if we all get from the same guy..?

achtungbaby wrote:

Sorry. how to pm u PM back notti? new here..

Guest notti

sure thing! but mine is the notes on e250 avantgarde though

just gimme a buzz, reply to forum may not reach me on time :)

achtungbaby wrote:

notti/lance pm both.

milkyway..interested to meet n compare notes as well?

Guest milkyway

so far i only enquired two PIs on the E200 elegance model.

first one quoted 153k.

some of the missing features

no metallic paint

no keyless go

road tax only 6 mnths ( i understand most give 1 yr)

3 yrs warranty ( i think most give 5 yrs)

no exterior trim at side

no remote boot control

no boot box

only 1 disc player ( no 6 disc changer )

half leather seat ( this one really tested my patience! )

and i m sure there are some more , i didnt ask the whole list

the other shop 10k more,

everything the same as c&c except no 6 disc changer.

achtung and notti could u guys pm me yr list? thank you.

Guest lancevp

I was initially inquiring about the e200 elegance and I found that the quotes at the $153k level were quite stripped down, and did indeed have artico seats (which is not real leather). When I ask for quotations that match the C&C specs (except for the keyless go), It seems that you get better value with the avantgarde line, while more expensive. Best quote from the established PIs are around $173k, much higher than the $153k,but better value nevertheless, especially considering that a comparably equipped unit from C&C (with metallic paint) costs more than $30k higher.

Guest lancevp

By the way, the elegance line does not have side chrome trimming, has 16 in wheels instead of 17, no ambient lighting, has aluminum instead of black ask wood trim, and has different instrument panel/guages from the avantgarde. Furthermore, the avantgarde model has lowered suspension, the halogen intelligent light system, LED fog lights. And higher OMV. That worth the 10k difference?

Guest milkyway

lancevp wrote:

By the way, the elegance line does not have side chrome trimming, has 16 in wheels instead of 17, no ambient lighting, has aluminum instead of black ask wood trim, and has different instrument panel/guages from the avantgarde. Furthermore, the avantgarde model has lowered suspension, the halogen intelligent light system, LED fog lights. And higher OMV. That worth the 10k difference?

the elegance model from c&c also lack these features? or just those fr PIs?

i also found out that the stripped down version of the elegance matches the cheapest model in UK , and is also known as the classic version in HK. u can go to the uk website for the exact specs.

Guest lancevp

I think the C&C elegance and avantgarde are differentiated in the same way, except that even the elegance line has leather seats. I don't think the elegance line is equipped with memory seats, although the memory package is available as an option.

Guest milkyway

i think thats the reason why many PIs only sell the avangarde version rather than the elegance. will ask more PIs on the avangarde and let u know whats the cheapest deal i can find .

btw, what abt pooling the purchases together? can we get more discount?

Guest Sal20

It seem to be quite confusing with the level of specs comparing on the E200 brought in by C&C vs PI.

After doing some homework, I still think it is worthwhile to buy the E200/250 via the PI route taking in view the potential savings of S$10 - 20K.

Avantgarde with keyless entry is the model to go.

Guest milkyway

Sal20 wrote:

It seem to be quite confusing with the level of specs comparing on the E200 brought in by C&C vs PI.

After doing some homework, I still think it is worthwhile to buy the E200/250 via the PI route taking in view the potential savings of S$10 - 20K.

Avantgarde with keyless entry is the model to go.

sal20, could u pm me which PI u went to , and has the lowest quotation? thanks!