• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A-class 180, options?

Joeyjoe

Just stitched up a taobao leather steering wheel cover. Definitely trickier than expected (even for someone who's not new to needles, stitches and skin). Some wrinkles and rough edges but nothing too obvious. Took me about 3h.

post-6832-0-48294100-1441034231_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Not for the faint hearted though! If you're not the kind of person who is DIY-savvy, it's not your cup of tea.

Agree. The DIY skills certainly require more than basic+patience.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

My 1.5mth old a180's batt went totally flat yesterday morning, last drive was Sunday morning and every was fine. Didn't drive for about 24hrs and couldn't unlock the car when I was going to drive to work Monday morning, used emergency key to unlock the door, nothing lit up when the door is opened and I couldn't start the engine.

Called 24hr MB service to come do a jump start and the technician checked and said all interior lights were off (in case I forgot to off the light) and asked me to send the car in to test for current leakage.

Sent in my car today to test and they couldn't find anything wrong and didn't detect any leakage.

Anyone experienced this before? And when they say can't detect anything wrong, is it really nothing wrong or they just can't find out the issue? 1.5mth old car batt totally flat I have never experienced before. Even my old car when batt is weak I still can unlock the car, just cannot start the engine.

Why conti car like got so many issues..

If it happens again, I'm gonna be damn pissed.

Any in car camera or other 24hr device? If didn't set voltage shut down or if it hangs then will have this problem.

Everything will turn black and can't open the door at all.

Well at least they help u charge back the batt and no cost.

If other brand could be ask u pay for new batt not covered under warranty etc.

Conti car is like that one as ur paying for the tech. That's why before warranty end most would sell as the cost of service, repair and downtime after the 3rd year. The overtrade discount and worry free 3 years of another new car worth the extra depre per year.

Random tip: for those who drive along places like lornie/queensway where the roads are long and undulating yet full of surprise speed cameras, set your speed limiter to 79kmh and drive without any fear of being caught for speeding.

It's surprising how many times I unconsciously exceed the limit on these stretches. 

Random tip: for those who drive along places like lornie/queensway where the roads are long and undulating yet full of surprise speed cameras, set your speed limiter to 79kmh and drive without any fear of being caught for speeding.

It's surprising how many times I unconsciously exceed the limit on these stretches.

Bro, should set at 69kmh cos that stretch is only 70kmh...

• Like 2

Nope, i have nothing installed except for the locally fitted reverse camera that c&c installed. So not my problem.

And the car is just 1.5mths old, of course they have to take care of any fee.

I'm just worried if it will happen again as they didn't find out what caused the flat battery..

Hi all bros out here, am new to this forum.

Ordered my first ever A180 Style some 2 weeks ago. And was told expected delivery of the car should be in Oct, latest Nov. So while waiting impatiently for it, i have been reading this thread with enthusiasm :)  I must say it has been very informative. Thanks! I cannot say much of my soon-to-be new ride as i haven't gotten my hands on it yet. But as some of the bros here posted, pretty much the same freebies i will be getting. ie 3k servicing credit, 8x 'towing' service,  Optik film, floormat, reverse cam etc. 

Took the pretty much standard package, asked if i wanted to upgrade to leather seats( forgot how much was quoted, i will  just use the fabric ones till about 2-3 years, then consider changing it to leather upholstery from elsewhere), and if upgrade to 18" wheels( need to top up $5k) :hot:. As for in car cam, will just swap my current iRoad over.Yeah gotten the Orient Brown colour too, as some of the bros here had. 

Appreciate all the sharing here and will be actively reading them.

Cheers!

Ordered my first ever A180 Style some 2 weeks ago. And was told expected delivery of the car should be in Oct, latest Nov. So while waiting impatiently for it, i have been reading this thread with enthusiasm :) I must say it has been very informative. Thanks! I cannot say much of my soon-to-be new ride as i haven't gotten my hands on it yet. But as some of the bros here posted, pretty much the same freebies i will be getting. ie 3k servicing credit, 8x 'towing' service, Optik film, floormat, reverse cam etc.

Took the pretty much standard package, asked if i wanted to upgrade to leather seats( forgot how much was quoted, i will just use the fabric ones till about 2-3 years, then consider changing it to leather upholstery from elsewhere), and if upgrade to 18" wheels( need to top up $5k) :hot:. As for in car cam, will just swap my current iRoad over.Yeah gotten the Orient Brown colour too, as some of the bros here had.

Cheers!

Welcome!

Orient brown is an unique color, quite surprise there's still stock from the PFL models.

Anyway, the wait is not that long for you, some of us waited from Feb to Aug.

I'm lucky to only need to wait for a couple of weeks more, since booking at end of June.

Last but not least, hope to see you around on the road :)

Indent = Estimated 3 months production 3 months enroute... so typical wait time is 6 months.

Enroute Stock = 3 months to 1 month.

Ready Stock in SG = 1 week (2 weeks max) upon successful COE.

The above is what I understand of the wait time for delivery. Finally congratz.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Ordered my first ever A180 Style some 2 weeks ago. And was told expected delivery of the car should be in Oct, latest Nov. So while waiting impatiently for it, i have been reading this thread with enthusiasm :) I must say it has been very informative. Thanks! I cannot say much of my soon-to-be new ride as i haven't gotten my hands on it yet. But as some of the bros here posted, pretty much the same freebies i will be getting. ie 3k servicing credit, 8x 'towing' service, Optik film, floormat, reverse cam etc.

Took the pretty much standard package, asked if i wanted to upgrade to leather seats( forgot how much was quoted, i will just use the fabric ones till about 2-3 years, then consider changing it to leather upholstery from elsewhere), and if upgrade to 18" wheels( need to top up $5k) :hot:. As for in car cam, will just swap my current iRoad over.Yeah gotten the Orient Brown colour too, as some of the bros here had.

Cheers!

Congrats! Should have top up leather seat, 18" amg rims etc etc but since didn't just enjoy the ride.

Orient brown is a very nice colour but it requires some zhng such as diamond grill 18/19" rims to make it striking like in urban or amg line as the default style line makes it look boring. The default 2 line front grill in the brown colour looks bad.

Ordered my first ever A180 Style some 2 weeks ago. And was told expected delivery of the car should be in Oct, latest Nov. So while waiting impatiently for it, i have been reading this thread with enthusiasm :)  I must say it has been very informative. Thanks! I cannot say much of my soon-to-be new ride as i haven't gotten my hands on it yet. But as some of the bros here posted, pretty much the same freebies i will be getting. ie 3k servicing credit, 8x 'towing' service,  Optik film, floormat, reverse cam etc. 

Took the pretty much standard package, asked if i wanted to upgrade to leather seats( forgot how much was quoted, i will  just use the fabric ones till about 2-3 years, then consider changing it to leather upholstery from elsewhere), and if upgrade to 18" wheels( need to top up $5k) :hot:. As for in car cam, will just swap my current iRoad over.Yeah gotten the Orient Brown colour too, as some of the bros here had. 

Cheers!

congrats to your ride! happy waiting :D

event.png

Thanks all.

Yeah think it was a stock as agent says he has still 1 unit of that color left. Yet to hear from him about the Coe though. Will keep it as it is for now, upgrades can only be done progressively;p

And feeling the same about the halogen headlights like some of the bros here felt too.

Looking to see you guys on the road some day or at some Merc drive gatherings.

Drive safe everyone.