• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A-class 180, options?

Joeyjoe

The beep/cpa will go off when detect "something". I always find it sense hidden things like camera or others under bridge or random places

Lol. When my car suddenly beep I will disturb my friends in the car that it detected ghosts when nothing is near us. Ha

• Like 2

Haha. We were there for breakfast and car park was empty, so took the chance to snap some shots.

I think the warning sound should be from the front sensors as well. Our car sounded when a motorcyclist was very near to us.

I thought the yellow passenger air bag light is permanently on? That's what our SE told us.

The airbag is not permanently on.

The light will always be ON when there's a front passenger, OFF when there's no passenger.  If there's front passenger and it is NOT ON, it means either passenger airbag not active or not functioning... need to send in for checks.

Lited/ON = Passenger Airbag Active.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Hi A class owners, collected my ride a few weeks back and experienced the ABS activating a couple of time? Not sure if it is just me due to unfamiliarity of the vehicle or due to some bad traffic conditions or just my poor driving skills, coming from a previous Jap ride, it seems sometimes that the ABS is quite sensitive if you step on the brake slightly harder.

Hi MGA1080S,

From what I recalled from reading the manual, I don't think the ABS has been activated.

Your experience it seems like the function where there is this auto "pump up" brake pressure by 40% and I believe that is what u are experiencing. However, I could be wrong if I recollection is wrong. 

The manual does explain it all.

G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

The airbag is not permanently on.

The light will always be ON when there's a front passenger, OFF when there's no passenger.  If there's front passenger and it is NOT ON, it means either passenger airbag not active or not functioning... need to send in for checks.

Lited/ON = Passenger Airbag Active.

With front passenger, the Airbag ON light is lighted for a few seconds after starting engine, then it goes off ... it does not stay lighted permanently. Is that what you mean ?

While driving, neither the "Airbag ON" or "Airbag OFF" lights are lighted.

I would have preferred that the light is always on to indicate Airbag is active & not lighted if Airbag not active - then at least we know what to look out for.

Unless there's something wrong with my ride ??

With front passenger, the Airbag ON light is lighted for a few seconds after starting engine, then it goes off ... it does not stay lighted permanently. Is that what you mean ?

I would have preferred that the light is always on to indicate Airbag is active & not lighted if Airbag not active - then at least we know what to look out for.

If my knowledge is correct, the seats should have sensor to detect presence of human sitting on it.

Nope. What i meant:

1) With passenger - The light is permanently on (Airbag Active)

2) No passenger - No light (Airbag Inactive)

The manual also stated.

• Like 1

Mine beeped 100 metres before the site of a fatal motorbike accident that happened 2 days ago in Woodlands Ave 5... Must be 7th month! Strangely for that particular road it usually beeps in the other direction.

Also tends to beep in one of the Queensway tunnels too.

Congrats on finally getting your ride.

BTW, so many paint protection system out there with varying prices, anyone used any ? any recommendations ?

I have contacted a couple of site sponsors for pricces but cannot decide.

Thanks !

Hi oceanicmanta,

It is true that there are many PPS out there, each claiming to be 'best'.  However, we must understand that most premium car brand AD uses the best recommended PPS for their brand's type/system of paint.

Also new rides from C&C will be coated with PPS provided there is the CARessential Package Plus (this is the PPS), otherwise it is as per paint coating from Germany.  Only under the latter situation would you consider getting an external PPS to coat your ride.  Look at your Sales Agreement for CARessential Package Plus, if its there it is coated, if not then get it coated by an external party.

As you are presented with various choices... instead of reading more on all the different PPS brand's "declaration of best", input from feedbacks and all the hype about Ceramic or Glass or whatever... this is like a metaphor to explain how durable a protection you are getting from these brands.

For any brand's PPS to be optimised, we must remember SG's harsh environmental condition, the X-year(s) warranty are normally valid with regular washing and/or reapplication.

You may want to read article(s) written by a neutral party with no relationship with any PPS brand to get an insight into the matters of PPS... one such article is provided in the link below:

http://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2014/07/18/nano-coatings-holy-grail-shine-irreversible-error/

Cheers,

Thanks, guys!

Won't zhng much things for a start, at most change red air con vents & add front & rear bumper protectors.

My friend is finally back & he has gotten door visors from USA for me.

He's still negotiating bulk price for the red air con vents though.

After warranty period, will tune the engine to A200 equivalent, since both use the same engine.

• Like 1

Thanks, guys!

Won't zhng much things for a start, at most change red air con vents & add front & rear bumper protectors.

My friend is finally back & he has gotten door visors from USA for me.

He's still negotiating bulk price for the red air con vents though.

After warranty period, will tune the engine to A200 equivalent, since both use the same engine.

Will that require piggyback or a full ECU flush and reload (A200)?