• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Registry of New CLA Owners

Philip Chan

• 1 month later...

Wait until neck long long... finally today went down to do the final payment. Was told that the car is in the port, but duty not paid. Any bros have any experience how long it will take before I get the car?

Within 2 weeks once reached the port.

Thank all, Oh yes. I asked if its the newer screen when I signed on the dotted line, however the SE said GPS is unstable for this new screen thus can't install it yet. There are no dynamic lines for the RC, said only factory fitted ones come with it. I tried pressing the return or star button for 1/2min when in reverse gear but still no lines menu appeared.

I wanted keyless but that's special indent and can only deliver after July, so didn't opt for that. The keyless start stop is strange. Still need key to unlock the door and the only difference is that the engine starts by pressing the start button instead of inserting the key. So it's not a fully keyless push start system..

It comes with Ambient lighting.

SE said use 95 RON, I m currently using Caltex RON95. Does any bro use RON 98 instead? I thought of changing to Caltex Plat 98. Any difference in pick-up?

Thank all, Oh yes. I asked if its the newer screen when I signed on the dotted line, however the SE said GPS is unstable for this new screen thus can't install it yet. There are no dynamic lines for the RC, said only factory fitted ones come with it. I tried pressing the return or star button for 1/2min when in reverse gear but still no lines menu appeared.

I wanted keyless but that's special indent and can only deliver after July, so didn't opt for that. The keyless start stop is strange. Still need key to unlock the door and the only difference is that the engine starts by pressing the start button instead of inserting the key. So it's not a fully keyless push start system..

It comes with Ambient lighting.

SE said use 95 RON, I m currently using Caltex RON95. Does any bro use RON 98 instead? I thought of changing to Caltex Plat 98. Any difference in pick-up?

If still need key to unlock door is weird for this keyless feature...

Can choose color like s class ambient lights? That's cool.

I'm on 98. Think only feel smoother acceleration when pump vpower but also seems to burn fuel fast. Ha.

Billionz you should get it by this week, what colour did u opt for? External and interior? The cream colour is nice but need to maintain a lot.

Hey sagy021, I got a white exterior, with black interior. Haha... opted for safe options internally because of the need for maintenance. I used to have cream internally, and it was really difficult to upkeep!

When you say ambient lighting, what is that exactly? I thought all cars have the internal light?

Hey sagy021, I got a white exterior, with black interior. Haha... opted for safe options internally because of the need for maintenance. I used to have cream internally, and it was really difficult to upkeep!

When you say ambient lighting, what is that exactly? I thought all cars have the internal light?

http://www.torquenews.com/1084/5-new-features-make-2015-mercedes-cla-class-even-more-attractive

"CLA gets a new ambient lighting system that buyers can customize to their own individual atmosphere inside and offers twelve color schemes that can be selected to suit taste and mood."

have a question - is using cruise control bad for the car? to be honest, I never really used cruise control till like a week ago - and I realise my fuel consumption dropped drastically! especially on the expressway, I can get close to 5.6L/100km.

If going long straight constant road with light traffic then gd to use cruise. the slopes and braking at our local expressway using cruise will use more fuel I suppose compared to self control coasting.

http://www.torquenews.com/1084/5-new-features-make-2015-mercedes-cla-class-even-more-attractive

"CLA gets a new ambient lighting system that buyers can customize to their own individual atmosphere inside and offers twelve color schemes that can be selected to suit taste and mood."

Thanks Darksaint!

Wow, customise to the tune of 12 colour schemes? That's interesting.... really looking forward to getting my new ride!