• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Registry of New CLA Owners

Philip Chan

Some minor upgraded features in 2015 model:

1. New steering wheel design

http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalAssets/Vehicles/Models/2015/CLA250C/Features/2015-CLA-CLASS-CLA250-019-MCFO.jpg

2. Bigger screen 7 inches (similar to what C class is having), upgraded software interface than the previous one

As for CPA, it only provide intermittent audible alert feedback and warning light on the instrument cluster if come too close to the front cars, there is no autonomous partial braking feature unless you upgrade to CPA+. The rest are pretty much the same ..... unless I miss out any :geek:

cny-2015-eng-445.png

• Like 1

Some minor upgraded features in 2015 model:

1. New steering wheel design

http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalAssets/Vehicles/Models/2015/CLA250C/Features/2015-CLA-CLASS-CLA250-019-MCFO.jpg

2. Bigger screen 7 inches (similar to what C class is having), upgraded software interface than the previous one

As for CPA, it only provide intermittent audible alert feedback and warning light on the instrument cluster if come too close to the front cars, there is no autonomous partial braking feature unless you upgrade to CPA+. The rest are pretty much the same ..... unless I miss out any :geek:

cny-2015-eng-445.png

Others changes noted include comfort suspension vs 2014 sport suspension, single Disc instead of 6 Disc changer.

BTW do you happen to have GPS throw-in by SE, if yes what GPS is CnC providing I am assuming it a local fitted GPS?

Others changes noted include comfort suspension vs 2014 sport suspension, single Disc instead of 6 Disc changer.

BTW do you happen to have GPS throw-in by SE, if yes what GPS is CnC providing I am assuming it a local fitted GPS?

If it's all the same, it's by Garmin - standalone.

Hi guys, anyone have install dvr? For over night usage, is it advisable to connect to powerbank or power socket? Any recommendations which shop to buy from + installation?

I am also interested to know which shop and what dvr to install to be compatible with CLA.  I am looking for 2CH front and back view camera.

From what I gathered from other threads if draw power from the car battery it may cause problem like car cannot start etc and certain things may not work. If have separate powerbank it will not affect and may not void warranty.

I am also interested to know which shop and what dvr to install to be compatible with CLA.  I am looking for 2CH front and back view camera.

From what I gathered from other threads if draw power from the car battery it may cause problem like car cannot start etc and certain things may not work. If have separate powerbank it will not affect and may not void warranty.

Hi guys, anyone have install dvr? For over night usage, is it advisable to connect to powerbank or power socket? Any recommendations which shop to buy from + installation?

i went to vim auto and installed blackvue DR650-GW 2 ch. 

Good camera.. can watch and download the video immediately and wireless-ly. 

the boss of Vim Auto ( forgot name) quite a nice guy. not pushy and took time to explain those   Power Magic Pro, T-Power Alpha and Cellink B. In the end, i did not get those extra power upon his advice. The camera was powered by the power socket infront. all wires nicely hidden except the socket. 

I did not use those power thingy because i did not want to plug it into the car fuse, which i am afraid that it would void warranty and suck battery. so i gave up parking recording mode.

Vim auto do not charge GST and installation fee for installation of camera itself.. if i not wrong, those power option installation they will charge $40.

Vim Auto Air Con and Accessories,

Blk 9, Defu Lane 10, 

#01-498, 

Singapore S539190.

Tel: 6281 7990/ 8157 3455 

ultimately, the power bank would still be required to suck power from the car fuse box in order to charge the power bank. And from what i know, the power bank would need at least 1hour of constant driving to be fully charge. so it depends on your driving patterns. also, in ECO mode where the car will auto shutdown, it will suck power from the battery too..

ultimately, the power bank would still be required to suck power from the car fuse box in order to charge the power bank. And from what i know, the power bank would need at least 1hour of constant driving to be fully charge. so it depends on your driving patterns. also, in ECO mode where the car will auto shutdown, it will suck power from the battery too..

Thanks for the clarification.  Sorry for another dumb question, cant I use the 12v socket to charge the Cellink B (powerbank) and then the powerbank to power up my camera? In that way it cant draw power from the car battery.

Thanks for the clarification.  Sorry for another dumb question, cant I use the 12v socket to charge the Cellink B (powerbank) and then the powerbank to power up my camera? In that way it cant draw power from the car battery.

You can, and there's a 12v socket in the trunk if you ever do consider the powerbank.

There's a number of configuration to have your DVR connected.

I believe soho is talking about a direct connection to the fuse for all configurations. 

In my opinion, if you ever do get the powerbank - avoid all constant battery to battery connection if there is no constant power source(alternator). 

--

two batteries of different specifications connected in parallel - will cause each other to discharge continously.

Thanks for the recommendation ..... very convenient for me, will drop by soon.

I was thinking of direct connection from the camera to a portable powerbank (probably 10200 mah or higher), but not sure if it is able to last overnight. As the set is either "switch on" or "standby mode" for 24hr a day, does it cause any overheating issue to the camera? The other troublesome part is need to get at least 2 sets for interchanging + charging the sets at least once or once in every 2days.

That was the config that i had initially wanted. However, i was advised by Vim Auto that they would need to cut the cable of the cellink B and connect it themself to a socket to be plug into the 12v socket (because Cellink B's wire supposed to connect directly to fuse).  And celink B i wanted to put at the "net" at the passenger side leg area. But it is kinda big.

So in the end, i decided that i am not so suay to kenna anything while parking.. so decided to connect the camera to the 12 v socket instead...

AFAIK, the Cellink B are terminated with open-ended connectors (with regards to what we're talking)

You have the option to either connect this open-ended connector (1) to the fuse or (2) to the 12V socket.

Both of these wire/adaptors are included in the box.

does it matter? I got my SE to throw in a in car camera and it was connected, I believe, to the car battery. the camera only powers on if it detects a movement, so it shouldn't drain the battery overnight?

For the camera to detect motion it must be on and using some power. So it depends on the power usage of the camera and the condition of your battery.

• 2 weeks later...

Even if we were to meet, I doubt anyone would give a "friendly" flash if we don't know the exact license plate number. Lol.

You don't wanna be in that situation of giving unwanted attention to the wrong person.

Btw, congrats! And welcome to the forum!

Even if we were to meet, I doubt anyone would give a "friendly" flash if we don't know the exact license plate number. Lol.

You don't wanna be in that situation of giving unwanted attention to the wrong person.

Btw, congrats! And welcome to the forum!

Just be friendly and flash/wave at all CLAs then ;)Most in my previous ride do it. No harm done, and it could just bring a smile to a fellow road user.

So fast change rims? Nice.

Yup, just had to get bigger shoes...