• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Avoid 1st servicing at Alexandra

blackmercs

Do avoid Alexandra if u going for yr 1st servicing. Despite my advanced booking they hand over my car to me after S. E. V. E. N. long hrs. I was like, huh 7 hrs must well do the 2nd servicing too!!

Good news is that all the mods from the below link none of them void the warranty. Yes, the front BBK, open cone filter ( i didnt rove to test water), front grille etc.

Damage :-

Parts - $186.91

Labour - $144 (huh again)

With GST - $354.07 without top up wiper fluid & clean engine compartment but they conducted a circuit short test without inform despite my initial instruction to inform me before any proceed with the service or repairs. But i m not complaining lah small charges only.

So for those cant wait!! Go ubi or pandan instead.

/////AMG can only service at Pandan leh.

Thats what they told me when i drove in my car. Then i paisei "psst bro, is cheapo AMG badge not real one!!" Their reply "psst no worries boss!! Is still requires 7 hrs!!"

• Like 2

Thats what they told me when i drove in my car. Then i paisei "psst bro, is cheapo AMG badge not real one!!" Their reply "psst no worries boss!! Is still requires 7 hrs!!"

LOL!

Express service 1 hour. Price? $500.

Next service B at 30k km, I am doing outside. CnC will charge about $1k for this. Fxxk the warranty.

Did my 15K at MBC Alexandra on a Sat - Slightly more than $400 including some extra checks that I asked.

Drank the coffee, used the internet and read the papers - my ride was ready in less than 2.5 hrs.

Indicated servicing job done on 15xxx km, Mobil 1 was used, got them to put "chop" CnC & SA signed on the servicing booklet! :)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Did my 15K at MBC Alexandra on a Sat - Slightly more than $400 including some extra checks that I asked.

Drank the coffee, used the internet and read the papers - my ride was ready in less than 2.5 hrs.

Indicated servicing job done on 15xxx km, Mobil 1 was used, got them to put "chop" CnC & SA signed on the servicing booklet! :)

Kepiting,

Did you bring your own Mobil 1 oil? Any extra charges? Are you using the 0W-40 or 5W-50? Thanks.

Kepiting,

Did you bring your own Mobil 1 oil? Any extra charges? Are you using the 0W-40 or 5W-50? Thanks.

No! I didn't bring Engine Oil there!

There's no special charge for using Mobil 1

You have a choice between Shell or Mobil but by default it's Shell Helix if you do not indicate what oil U want.

Dunno CnC use 0W-40 or 5W-50W

• Like 1

Cheers

when do you guys do the first service? for my bimmer, I did first service at 1k and subsequently every 8-10k.

Mine PI, 523i servicing outside 260 thereabout.

Mercs is every 15km in Sg. U can do more not less or adopt the old school method for new car. Oil change at 1km, 5km then after every 10km. Some claims that they change engine oil every month. My previous FR2 first servicing is 25km.

I had some problem with the BMW E60 last time when oil sludge built up and causes engine oil leakage.. cost me a lot to fix

My mom's E90 which is serviced according to schedule also start having some oil leak issue after 45k km over 5 years.

I think I am gonna stick to lower mileage interval for oil change to prevent this.

thanks

IMHO,

IIRC CnC recommendations for oil change is 15000km or 6 months whichever come 1st.

Our hot & humid climate is quite different than tropical countries.

My 3.0 TDI Prado has served me well for >9 years & clocked >135k km with 6 monthly Mobil 1 oil change.

The turbo Diesel engine has never fail me even once especially in a place where good mechanics are hard to come by.

Rp 2 worth!

Cheers

I service the car between 15k to 20k km and my previous W203 has clocked >200k km without any hiccup. So I am a firm believer in the reliability of Merc engines and find it a waste of money to change oil more than what's recommended.

Just recd a survey call from See&See regarding the servicing recently.

CS - Sir rate one to ten - one is poor & ten is good!!

Me - immdeiate reply - one!!

CS - orh!! may i know why you rated one?

Me - please go www.sgmerc.com and read the forum!!

CS - orh!! Can you briefly explains why rated so poor sir.

Me - one word??

CS - yes sir, please

Me - sucks!!

CS - sir i dont provide such services

Me - ok thats why i rated one out of ten!!

CS - thank u sir, i will report u to the admin.

Me - ok, thanks for calling!!

• Like 3