• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Repainting, is it advisible? Any recommended workshop?

hi all

I am new to this forum, just got a silver 2011 C180 and am intending to repaint to black. I would like to seek your opinion if:

1. it is advisable to repaint? There is no issue with current paintwork...just that I like black...

2. Any trustworthy paintshop to recommend?

Separately, I was told by the agent that I can call C&C to check up on servicing record but when I call C&C, they told me they will not reveal and I have to get from owner...feel a bit speechless, obviously I suspect owner either did not keep or perhaps servicing record fishy - any suggestion how else can I get this info... 

Na... They will not reveal anything except for the date of last servicing thats all.. 

Irregardless you transfer the ownership with C&C or not.. 

It's their strict policy these days to not reveal any information unless you really know someone inside.. 

5 hours ago, hunnibal said:

hi all

I am new to this forum, just got a silver 2011 C180 and am intending to repaint to black. I would like to seek your opinion if:

1. it is advisable to repaint? There is no issue with current paintwork...just that I like black...

2. Any trustworthy paintshop to recommend?

Separately, I was told by the agent that I can call C&C to check up on servicing record but when I call C&C, they told me they will not reveal and I have to get from owner...feel a bit speechless, obviously I suspect owner either did not keep or perhaps servicing record fishy - any suggestion how else can I get this info... 

happened to me too! was told there will be some left over credits by the previous owner but after getting C&C to transfer ownership, nothing.... they told me they have erased all left over credits.

CNC can't reveal history unless u are the legal owner. Imagine the number of calls they get from dealers and potential used car buyers for checking service history. Even if u are the new owner of a preowned car, they won't print you service history with previous owners details as this is violation of PDPA. At most, they verbalise the service history in your presence. 

Some may not agree to what say, and it may not work all the time.

Don't walk in and request for service record.

Go for servicing, be friend with the mechanic, create some excuse about some weird problem on the car and you cannot figure out what is wrong with it, and see whether you can get anything out from the mechanic. If you are lucky, you might get some info on the history of the car.