• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C&C Service Not Safe - Safety Procedures Not Followed

s343920

I m looking at my first servicing report - there are 2 sets

1) Service/Repair agreement

2) final quality control report - see attached. Can you see they check my brake pad and tyres condition?

E85829F9-DFC8-4AB7-8848-E7E0BC1FECE7-164

yep they did the same for me, they just gave me the service agreement and not the QC - that's what they forgot to give me and that's what I picked up today.

There doesn't seem to be an option to upload video, if anyone knows how too then let me know...

"Whats Up" me yr pictures report at 94563723. Videos!! no idea how to load it up.

For Fattytey, Mercedes service in Aus and HK and NZ are all better than C&C - from my experience having been a mercedes owner for a number of years. If you are happy to continue to receive a lower level of service then hats off to you. I see you are making this a personal issue with me, one for being Australian and another for expecting the service provider to take care when providing an important service. If you don't agree, that's fine, that just means when you are affected by poor service in the future it won't be an issue to you.

No bro!! We are just trying to chip in and try to understand your frustation. Trust me, we are here to give our honest view and nothing personal.

Cheer up guys!!

• Like 2

I just came back from changing my tires actually. I changed them the next day as I was only informed yesterday of the tires being worn. This is my wife's car and has been serviced by C&C for over two years. At no stage did they check the tire wear before this. You go to a service expecting that all safety aspects are checked.

After I wrote this I actually went back to C&C to get the QC report - the one they never handed to me saying the tires were worn. They checked the tire pressure of my tires and all tires were below 20psi, even the mechanic who checked them was surprised it was not checked. So for those who think this is acceptable I don't agree.

I'll upload the QC report shortly for the person asking... I also have video of the service person admitting the QC report was not handed to me and I also have a video of the Mercedes mechanic showing the tire pressure was never checked and below 20 psi. I really do find it amazing people are trying to defend C&C here, you shouldn't expect car owners to check tire wear, that's what the regular checks are for and that's why you pay C&C more than double other garages to perform the service.

...Hi s343920,

..If it is true yr wife's car been serviced by C&C for over 2 years and they did not noticed said vehicle's tires are that worn/bald...I find that incredulous.  Surely if tires are that badly worn, anyone should be able to tell.  Pardon me if I am wrong.

..I derived your family has 2 cars.  Your 1st vehicle was refused service / parts changed.  Your wife drove another Mercs, whoch also has worn tires, the next day. Both Vehicle's tires are badly worn?  Is it possible you and / your family have been driving lots around...that you might have forgotten to check your vehicle's tires?

.....To be fair, main onus is still on owner(s) to periodically check their cars.  Tires being one of the most important, be it servicability or air pressure.  It is Our lives and our love ones.

...However, I do see what you are saying.  Badly worn tires should have been detected and informed to car owners.  But how did it get that worn...in the 1st place?  If one has been driving so much, one would have been quite vigilant to ensure one's safety and that of one's love ones.  I would not want to think you and your family are new / inexperienced car owners, since ou have driven overseas.

...Do advice me if I am wrong though.

All's said.  I am still very very glad, your wife and babies are blessed and protected.

Peace bro.

Merry X'Mas to you and love ones.

Chill Bro s343920... we are a fun bunch here and we are very open with sharing. That's how we get to benefit from this forum.

Like BM said, we are honest with our views and nothing personal.

Be safe, stay cool...

Cheers mate!!!

• Like 1

...Hi s343920,

..If it is true yr wife's car been serviced by C&C for over 2 years and they did not noticed said vehicle's tires are that worn/bald...I find that incredulous.  Surely if tires are that badly worn, anyone should be able to tell.  Pardon me if I am wrong.

..I derived your family has 2 cars.  Your 1st vehicle was refused service / parts changed.  Your wife drove another Mercs, whoch also has worn tires, the next day. Both Vehicle's tires are badly worn?  Is it possible you and / your family have been driving lots around...that you might have forgotten to check your vehicle's tires?

.....To be fair, main onus is still on owner(s) to periodically check their cars.  Tires being one of the most important, be it servicability or air pressure.  It is Our lives and our love ones.

...However, I do see what you are saying.  Badly worn tires should have been detected and informed to car owners.  But how did it get that worn...in the 1st place?  If one has been driving so much, one would have been quite vigilant to ensure one's safety and that of one's love ones.  I would not want to think you and your family are new / inexperienced car owners, since ou have driven overseas.

...Do advice me if I am wrong though.

All's said.  I am still very very glad, your wife and babies are blessed and protected.

Peace bro.

Merry X'Mas to you and love ones.

Thanks and I appreciate your comments. This is all one car that my wife 99% of the time drives. The wear was not even, why? because the tire pressure was incorrect, C&C never checked the tire pressure or how the tires were wearing, they even did a tire rotation and never checked this. So it wasn't due to excess driving. Had the pressure been checked and corrected on a periodic basis the uneven wearing would not have happened.

.."WhatsApp" la...si mi "Whats Up"....dun confused him more ley.... :lol:

Hey needs to cool down so I type Whats Up u lah!! Fatty suggest one!!!

For Fattytey, Mercedes service in Aus and HK and NZ are all better than C&C - from my experience having been a mercedes owner for a number of years. If you are happy to continue to receive a lower level of service then hats off to you. I see you are making this a personal issue with me, one for being Australian and another for expecting the service provider to take care when providing an important service. If you don't agree, that's fine, that just means when you are affected by poor service in the future it won't be an issue to you.

Personal issues??? You think too highly of yourself....and FYI service provided to me will never meet my standard cos you are not the only one in this little red dot who have been driving a merc for years... And I will always check the car physically... not expecting PPL to do it for us even though we paid for them.....    as for U... priorites will always be family... and not anything else....I'm sorry if u think otherwise and  If u have anything against my post.... would I really give a damn????

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Thanks and I appreciate your comments. This is all one car that my wife 99% of the time drives. The wear was not even, why? because the tire pressure was incorrect, C&C never checked the tire pressure or how the tires were wearing, they even did a tire rotation and never checked this. So it wasn't due to excess driving. Had the pressure been checked and corrected on a periodic basis the uneven wearing would not have happened.

Sorry but this lame point, checking tires pressure every 6 months is absurd and if drove 2 years old Merc the car tyre pressure monitor will alert driver driver for uneven or severely under inflated tires. If your wife reset this alarm without checking the tires than GBU nothing happen. Please note that our tires pressure monitor is not monitoring actual pressure but it will monitor the different pulse signal timing for each tyre, it will be alarm if one of the tyre time signal is out synch due radius change when lack of pressure. Draw back of this system is all 4 tires under inflate and monitor is reset, system will accept since the no out out synch timing for each tyre rotation.

• Like 1

Sorry but this lame point, checking tires pressure every 6 months is absurd and if drove 2 years old Merc the car tyre pressure monitor will alert driver driver for uneven or severely under inflated tires. If your wife reset this alarm without checking the tires than GBU nothing happen. Please note that our tires pressure monitor is not monitoring actual pressure but it will monitor the different pulse signal timing for each tyre, it will be alarm if one of the tyre time signal is out synch due radius change when lack of pressure. Draw back of this system is all 4 tires under inflate and monitor is reset, system will accept since the no out out synch timing for each tyre rotation.

My wife doesn't know how to reset the tire pressure monitor so don't know why you would state she did. Thanks for the very detailed reply, you sound like a trained mechanic, what garage do you work for ? ;)

bro, just select the video after you click upload. the gallery supports both picture & video files.

btw, thanks for keeping it mature guys. i've seen discussion like this on other forums spiral out of control into a flame war. very impressive the level of control, restraint and maturity exercised here. we're all here to contribute and help one another.

cheers.

Thanks, I've thought about this now and want to give Mercedes a chance to respond before I upload the video. I'm a huge Mercedes fan and I won't be deterred by my experience with C&C. I found another garage that serviced me with the same level of service I expect from a proper Mercedes service centre. So I'm going to switch to them while C&C responds.

My wife doesn't know how to reset the tire pressure monitor so don't know why you would state she did. Thanks for the very detailed reply, you sound like a trained mechanic, what garage do you work for ? ;)

Bro I am road side sweeper not qualify as mechanic......

I hope you do check your tyres on a periodical basis by yourself. I average 2 weeks a self-check on tyre pressure and I still find that pumping up is required.

I am driving fairly frequently in SG and it still takes me 2-3mths to hit the next service. Tyres will lose pressure way before the next service. It doesn't matter if driving was excessive or not, tyres will lose pressure over time. It wouldn't make sense to depend on the periodical servicing to get tyres checked.

Secondly, if your car(s) are fairly new, they should be equipped with tyre pressure sensors that give you a warning message. If you had a significant drop in tyre pressure, you would have had a warning popping up, unless someone reset it (knowingly or unknowingly). Otherwise, your tyre pressure sensors are also not working.

Tyre pressure is not the only factor affecting uneven tyre wear. I may have missed something. In one of the posts, you indicated all tyres were 20psi lower than average during C&C checks. It seems to suggest your tyres were deflating evenly due to poor self maintenance and it doesn't relate to any uneven tyre wear.

If you are referring to front and rear tyre wear, it is normal if your are driving FWD or RWD. Wear n tear are uneven for sure. For 4-matics, it would be a little more complex but still front/rear wear-n-tear is never going to be the same.

• Like 1

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

I hope you do check your tyres on a periodical basis by yourself. I average 2 weeks a self-check on tyre pressure and I still find that pumping up is required.

I am driving fairly frequently in SG and it still takes me 2-3mths to hit the next service. Tyres will lose pressure way before the next service. It doesn't matter if driving was excessive or not, tyres will lose pressure over time. It wouldn't make sense to depend on the periodical servicing to get tyres checked.

Secondly, if your car(s) are fairly new, they should be equipped with tyre pressure sensors that give you a warning message. If you had a significant drop in tyre pressure, you would have had a warning popping up, unless someone reset it (knowingly or unknowingly). Otherwise, your tyre pressure sensors are also not working.

Tyre pressure is not the only factor affecting uneven tyre wear. I may have missed something. In one of the posts, you indicated all tyres were 20psi lower than average during C&C checks. It seems to suggest your tyres were deflating evenly due to poor self maintenance and it doesn't relate to any uneven tyre wear.

If you are referring to front and rear tyre wear, it is normal if your are driving FWD or RWD. Wear n tear are uneven for sure. For 4-matics, it would be a little more complex but still front/rear wear-n-tear is never going to be the same.

Agree when I referred to uneven wear, when a tire is deflated it starts to wear unevenly when you corner ie the sidewall starts to roll excessively which can lead to uneven wear. I agree with your point that's why from now on I'm no going to trust C&C and double check their work as well as do more self checks. My point is I shouldn't have to double check work done by C&C, I mean that's why you pay so much - for the quality of service.

Agree when I referred to uneven wear, when a tire is deflated it starts to wear unevenly when you corner ie the sidewall starts to roll excessively which can lead to uneven wear. I agree with your point that's why from now on I'm no going to trust C&C and double check their work as well as do more self checks. My point is I shouldn't have to double check work done by C&C, I mean that's why you pay so much - for the quality of service.

I agree with you that we all have certain expectations on quality of services we pay for, especially if it is a premium.

On a positive note, if C&C takes corrective actions to improve their service, your complaint has benefited all servicing customers.  :)

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

You don realise that most of us are wondering why u have to wait 1 day to change your tyres when U are told they are dangerously bald and deflated. .... and insist C&C give u an answer... seems to many it's $$$ worth spending is more important than the safety of the car where it's being driven by your wife with your new born twins.... it's really disturbing and puzzling to understand ur motive....

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill