• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C&C Service Not Safe - Safety Procedures Not Followed

s343920

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Fattytey" data-cid="160543" data-time="1355981407"><p>

You don realise that most of us are wondering why u have to wait 1 day to change your tyres when U are told they are dangerously bald and deflated. .... and insist C&C give u an answer... seems to many it's $$$ worth spending is more important than the safety of the car where it's being driven by your wife with your new born twins.... it's really disturbing and puzzling to understand ur motive....</p></blockquote>

To rehash, I was told late in the day then called C&C they said they would call back to confirm what happened. Since it was late in the day, it was too late to find a tire place and get the tires changed. They were changed the next day. Sorry don't now what you're implying when you say 'motives'.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Tigershark" data-cid="160537" data-time="1355977028"><p>

I agree with you that we all have certain expectations on quality of services we pay for, especially if it is a premium.<br />

<br />

On a positive note, if C&C takes corrective actions to improve their service, your complaint has benefited all servicing customers. :)</p></blockquote>

Thanks, I actually posted this thread to warn and notify others just in case similar happens to them. The more awareness there is about the service issues at C&C the more chance as you say that they will improve their service. I do feel that we get poor service in Singapore from C&C compared to other countries that sell Mercedes - that's my experience, others may think different. Hope this helps others.

You don realise that most of us are wondering why u have to wait 1 day to change your tyres when U are told they are dangerously bald and deflated. .... and insist C&C give u an answer... seems to many it's $$$ worth spending is more important than the safety of the car where it's being driven by your wife with your new born twins.... it's really disturbing and puzzling to understand ur motive....

Sir Tey, while I see thy noblest intentions methinks there lies ye still horse - deader than a door nail. Methinks thou should cease beating it now and go forth on thy noble journey erstwhere.

Vinyl Is Sexy!

Sir Tey, while I see thy noblest intentions methinks there lies ye still horse - deader than a door nail. Methinks thou should cease beating it now and go forth on thy noble journey erstwhere.

Haha.... I am? Maybe I did.... but each his own.... like MOD say... Thu s place is for ppl to express themselves... I cannot help if ppl don like my post... I'm being frank... u don like... not my problem... cheers...

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Damn. .. I'm starting to talk like a lawyer... too much drama series.. must cut down...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Haha.... I am? Maybe I did.... but each his own.... like MOD say... Thu s place is for ppl to express themselves... I cannot help if ppl don like my post... I'm being frank... u don like... not my problem... cheers...

Ho ho ho .... 

tis the season to be merry

let's drink n be jolly

let's not drive

n be sorry

let's try to stay alive

doomsday may be near

but sir tey shall never fear

Have a good one mate!

Vinyl Is Sexy!

Personally, I would not wait for any service centres to tell me that my tires are bald and needs to be changed. Tires are in contact with the road and I would dare say it is the most important "safety" factor. I have seen many cars with bald tires and I am always thinking .... what on the mind of such drivers. They can afford a car and choose to save some dollars and take a big big risk with the safety.

I recall that C&C has a column in their service report on the the tires but the onus is for the driver to replace the tires asap. I don't think that any service centres should be responsible to ensure that the owner changes their tires. Afterall, how many of us change our tires at C&C.

Just my two cents .... nothing personal just my opinion.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Poolfan" data-cid="160555" data-time="1355984607"><p>

Personally, I would not wait for any service centres to tell me that my tires are bald and needs to be changed. Tires are in contact with the road and I would dare say it is the most important "safety" factor. I have seen many cars with bald tires and I am always thinking .... what on the mind of such drivers. They can afford a car and choose to save some dollars and take a big big risk with the safety.<br />

<br />

I recall that C&C has a column in their service report on the the tires but the onus is for the driver to replace the tires asap. I don't think that any service centres should be responsible to ensure that the owner changes their tires. Afterall, how many of us change our tires at C&C.<br />

<br />

Just my two cents .... nothing personal just my opinion.</p></blockquote>

I agree with you, the owner is responsible for changing the tires. The service centre is responsible to notify the owner of safety issues with the vehicle - as is stated in their safety procedures for doing a vehicle check. That didn't happen.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Poolfan" data-cid="160555" data-time="1355984607"><p>

Personally, I would not wait for any service centres to tell me that my tires are bald and needs to be changed. Tires are in contact with the road and I would dare say it is the most important "safety" factor. I have seen many cars with bald tires and I am always thinking .... what on the mind of such drivers. They can afford a car and choose to save some dollars and take a big big risk with the safety.<br />

<br />

I recall that C&C has a column in their service report on the the tires but the onus is for the driver to replace the tires asap. I don't think that any service centres should be responsible to ensure that the owner changes their tires. Afterall, how many of us change our tires at C&C.<br />

<br />

Just my two cents .... nothing personal just my opinion.</p></blockquote>

I agree with you, the owner is responsible for changing the tires. The service centre is responsible to notify the owner of safety issues with the vehicle - as is stated in their safety procedures for doing a vehicle check. That didn't happen.

I would never put the responsibilty of my own safety to the service centre.... as a matter of fact, the tires of my car never had the chance to get bald.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Poolfan" data-cid="160563" data-time="1355986224"><p>

I would never put the responsibilty of my own safety to the service centre.... as a matter of fact, the tires of my car never had the chance to get bald.</p></blockquote>

Ever seen warn brake lines on a car? Tires are one thing but there are many other safety checks that only a qualified technician can perform. Today it's tires, tomorrow they fail to report another less visible safety issue and someone gets hurt.

I see where you are coming from, so what is your idea safety check when send in the for car servicing? You expect up to bolt and nuts inspection too?? The system in-placed till date cant be that bad till someone got hurt or die rite!! We all hear you and lets moves on and I would suggest you bring matter to them and let us know the final outcome.

Cheers

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="blackmercs" data-cid="160570" data-time="1355987866"><p>

I see where you are coming from, so what is your idea safety check when send in the for car servicing? You expect up to bolt and nuts inspection too?? The system in-placed till date cant be that bad till someone got hurt or die rite!! We all hear you and lets moves on and I would suggest you bring matter to them and let us know the final outcome.<br />

<br />

<br />

Cheers</p></blockquote>

I don't expect every bolt to be checked. I just expect they do what they document they will do as per the service schedule.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Poolfan" data-cid="160563" data-time="1355986224"><p>

I would never put the responsibilty of my own safety to the service centre.... as a matter of fact, the tires of my car never had the chance to get bald.</p></blockquote>

Ever seen warn brake lines on a car? Tires are one thing but there are many other safety checks that only a qualified technician can perform. Today it's tires, tomorrow they fail to report another less visible safety issue and someone gets hurt.

Hmmmm, I hv never seen warn brake lines on a car, forgive my ignorance. I only discussing about bald tires and nothing else ...... if I get involved in an accident due to brake failure or mechanical failure or the negligence of the car/service centre, I would even sue the car manufacturers or service centre for damages. But for bald tires, I blame myself.

You keep complaining what C&C didn't do..... have you thought about what u didn't do also?

1) you were told of tyre and you didn't do anything... instead demand C&C to explain themselves...

2) You didn't ask Autospritz where is the nearest place to change tyres for I believe they would tell u

3) You failed to tell your wife about the car being dangerous and not drive it... or maybe change cars with her for I believe U are loaded and have many Merc....

4) You failed to change the tyres first thing in the morning...

You let all these things happen and luckily the incident didn't hurt your family... if not I bet you will be asking ....WHAT IF I HAD.....

WHY CAN'T YOU SOLVE THE PROBLEM FIRST AND ASK QUESTIONS LATER?... why???? No need to reply... just ask yourself these questions.... have U done your duty as a husband and father????

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Fattytey" data-cid="160578" data-time="1355991359"><p>

You keep complaining what C&C didn't do..... have you thought about what u didn't do also?<br />

1) you were told of tyre and you didn't do anything... instead demand C&C to explain themselves...<br />

2) You didn't ask Autospritz where is the nearest place to change tyres for I believe they would tell u<br />

3) You failed to tell your wife about the car being dangerous and not drive it... or maybe change cars with her for I believe U are loaded and have many Merc.... <br />

4) You failed to change the tyres first thing in the morning...<br />

<br />

You let all these things happen and luckily the incident didn't hurt your family... if not I bet you will be asking ....WHAT IF I HAD..... <br />

<br />

WHY CAN'T YOU SOLVE THE PROBLEM FIRST AND ASK QUESTIONS LATER?... why???? No need to reply... just ask yourself these questions.... have U done your duty as a husband and father????</p></blockquote>

If I look at all your post including this one, I find them to be rude, assuming and the ones where you mention my country of origin borderline racist.

I don't know what you are trying to achieve with posts like this. You can keep going, I won't.

this is my advice to you.... print out all these post.... sent them to your Lawyer friend..... and ask him to sue me..... I'll wait for that.... frankly you are a joke.... and everybody knows it other than U....

plesase remove that like thing from my post.... Really don like U... wrong... thanks for liking my post..... It does prove something..... :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Racist?? Come on stop using this word!! This is a multi national country, we love each other regardless of race or religion. I think by now you should get the answer more than you ask for. So i suggest we stop here and move on dude!!

• Like 2

Racist?? Come on stop using this word!! This is a multi national country, we love each other regardless of race or religion. I think by now you should get the answer more than you ask for. So i suggest we stop here and move on dude!!

Amen to that bro. Australians don't exist as a race on their own, so talking about Australians is like talking about Singaporeans or Americans. Oz has so many wonderful and diverse cultures, from the aboriginals, vietnamese, africans, greeks, italians to latin americans etc etc. I've lived there for many years and my family still lives there as Australians. Race isn't an issue here at all! But I'm willing to give the guy a break, he couldn't even tell if his tyres were worn out or low afterall! Peace!

Still waiting for the videos though.

• Like 1

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

Henry A. Kissinger

Lock it ba!! As tml is the End of the World liao.

Amen!!