• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

tightest parallel parking

jes

wah lan, those skillz will be so helpful here, especially in geylang...in the odd number lorongs. where all the eating places are.

• Like 1

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

I'm sure the boys will be more than happy to teach your parallel parking. Barney and Leftfield will gladly volunteer to be the stationary cars...

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

I'm sure the boys will be more than happy to teach your parallel parking. Barney and Leftfield will gladly volunteer to be the stationary cars...

If S80 no problem. Afraid if the driver handgun, the mini will be badly damaged. Maybe just light scratches for the Volvo. Volvo for Life

There are such close parallel parking in Spain, bumper to bumper. Every car has no brakes on, so just bump forward and backward till enough space to get out. Gonna get a lot of people killed if this happens in Sin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There are such close parallel parking in Spain, bumper to bumper. Every car has no brakes on, so just bump forward and backward till enough space to get out. Gonna get a lot of people killed if this happens in Sin.

Check out the video in the link. It shows exactly how they use the bumper to parallel park.

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/Drivers/Driving%2BTips/Story/A1Story20110626-286017.html

• Like 1

Same thing in france... thats why their car have very strong rear bumper... you just need to nudge the car in front a wee bit you can leave... that's their practice too... was surprised when I was there 18 years ago... but my french counterpart says it's been on for years....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Question is, how do you drive out of that parking space after that?

I saw a real life example of how these PPL go out.... at DEMPSEY HILL some months ago... Ang Mo's Mazda 3 was blocked by a MERC E250 at the rear and a Vitara at the front... fact is the E250 too kiasu scared cannot go out so park 1 inch off the Mazda... what happened shocked me... the Ang mo moved the car forward, revved hard and reversed to ram the MERC hard forcing the car back... and he hit it 3 to 4 times... totally wrecking the front of the E250... then leaving when he created enough space for himself... but before stepping out to see if his number plate is on the floor... me and afew Ben & Jerry's staff were totally stunned... All these happened while the VITARA in front was not even scratched... Poor E250... someone even commented that is a very new car...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 3 weeks later...

we know... but then again that E250 driver also kiam gan :hocky: ... why park so close to the car infront???? We all can see it's less than three inches.... and his butt is at least 3 feet away from the car behind... practically overshot his parking... everybody parked nice and steady... and he/she just have to do something different... we suspect it's a female driver for there are some ang kong on the dashboard... but everybody too shocked to react... only thing I remembered from everybody was WAHHHH!!!! :startle:

we know... but then again that E250 driver also kiam gan :hocky: ... why park so close to the car infront???? We all can see it's less than three inches.... and his butt is at least 3 feet away from the car behind... practically overshot his parking... everybody parked nice and steady... and he/she just have to do something different... we suspect it's a female driver for there are some ang kong on the dashboard... but everybody too shocked to react... only thing I remembered from everybody was WAHHHH!!!! :startle:

Sometimes.. once in a blue moon got these farkers park as if their grandpa bought the whole stretch of street . its good that the ang mo teach these peeps a lesson :D