• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine started, gear @ "D"... BUT

merczoomer

Bro,

Seriously need advise and help.... just awhile ago i got this issued. Started the car, put to "D" and step Accelerator but car not moving (Engine ON). I off and start again for many times still the same... Getting panic and decided to give the car a few more mins before crank again..Finally one last try, started the car again and able to move... WTH is happening.

Notice:

1. Engine started... i can feel engine noticeable vibrating on the gear nod and steering.

Can be the HID causes the problem? Btw my ride is only 2 months old.

PLEASE HELP!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey bro - this has happened to some bros including myself. Read this thread - http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/8056-engine-started-but-just-cant-move-off/

Should be the same problem if yours is a kompressor. For me - I would leave it if it does not recur. Send it in to check if you want to be absolutely sure.

Vinyl Is Sexy!

It just happened to me a few weeks ago. Apparently, according to the SA. It's a software issue. Normally, switch off ur engine, u should be able to start in about 10mins time. Sent in for a software update last week. Whether it will work or will it happen again is anybody's guess.....

I'm surprised because ur car is only 2 months old. Mines a 2010 car

Thanks Bro...Yes my ride is C180K.

Lucky i'm not the only fellow got this problem. Anyway tmr i have arrange a check at Alexander C@C.

Hopefully nothing major issue in the car. Anway this is really unacceptable for brand new car like Merc leh... haiz.

It just happened to me a few weeks ago. Apparently, according to the SA. It's a software issue. Normally, switch off ur engine, u should be able to start in about 10mins time. Sent in for a software update last week. Whether it will work or will it happen again is anybody's guess.....

I'm surprised because ur car is only 2 months old. Mines a 2010 car

aiyo...that really make me pissed off as my ride is so virgin. I will bang table tmr... how can a branding like MERC can have this issued.

From the initiator of this thread- http://www.sgmerc.co...-cant-move-off/ >>> nick meka

********************************************************************************************

Sent Today, 09:45 PM

Hi, the symptom did not appear after the last time.

Mentioned it to the technician when I sent my car for servicing recently, he mentioned that it happens to quite a few cars. Probably we inserted the keys, turned the key to start engine too fast such that the electronics has not completed the internal system checks, therefore forbidding the car to increase speed and move off.

********************************************************************************************

Maybe is common n lesson learn

From the initiator of this thread- http://www.sgmerc.co...-cant-move-off/ >>> nick meka

Sent Today, 09:45 PM

Hi, the symptom did not appear after the last time.

Mentioned it to the technician when I sent my car for servicing recently, he mentioned that it happens to quite a few cars. Probably we inserted the keys, turned the key to start engine too fast such that the electronics has not completed the internal system checks, therefore forbidding the car to increase speed and move off.

Maybe is common n lesson learn

I think the SA is trying to smoke him......how fast can our hands turn the key??? At least my SA was honest enough to say its a software issue, but can be solved after updating.....

• 2 weeks later...

3 months young only....Happened this morning. Luckily managed to physically push e heavy car aside in order not to obstruct traffic.

Do you meaning the car stalled? or it didn't start at all? As you mentioned you have to push it aside

My driveway was down sloping so it didn't occur to me e car was not engaged in D though e gear shift n meter cluster stated so until I tried to accelerate then realize ho seh Liao. .

Did you manage it restart it after 10 mins thereabouts?

Same lor like threadstarter...everything fine after a few mins wait. But damn pai sey la...neighbours see me pushing e car...a chance to showcase to them how 'gd' Mercedes is...lol

Ouch...... :startle: Try to send it in asap for the software update. After I happened to me, now when I try to start my car, I get a little paranoid (whether can start or not).... :lol:

ya.. I agreed on software issue. Is really paiseh when someone know our brand "NEW" car can't move... My case is worst, my Boss take my ride when the incident happen. and he comment on this "NEW Merc leh, then my BMW is better than yours" .. aiyo dam it, no choice shallow deep deep..HE is my Boss. arghhhh

ya.. I agreed on software issue. Is really paiseh when someone know our brand "NEW" car can't move... My case is worst, my Boss take my ride when the incident happen. and he comment on this "NEW Merc leh, then my BMW is better than yours" .. aiyo dam it, no choice shallow deep deep..HE is my Boss. arghhhh

:hot:

Agreed with u all.

To think of it, now I may have phobia starting e car too.

Another issue on top of alignment problem...hai yo...no fate with this brand.

So when you changing yr next car?? Get it change if i were you.

Agreed with u all.

As long as no major issue, should be ok. Wash with flower water, or put some emblem depending on your religion. :D Sometimes Pantang is good! :lol:

Agreed with u all.

I think we have a common issued too... my alignment is out...Car will veered to left. haiz