• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine started but just can't move off

Guest meka

Hi all, I'm driving a 3 months old FL C180K and encountered a very weird symptom recently.

Not sure any one of you have encountered the following.

Below are what actually happened:

1) Parked my car for 4 hours to run some errands

2) Returned to the car and started the car and was preparing to move off

3) Engine started and found little vibration under the hood

4) Engaged D mode and wanted to move off, but rpm just remained at idling.

5) Engaged P mode and floored the accelerator but no response (rpm still at idling), no error message.

6) Shutdown and restarted again but still the same

Immediately i called C&C and spoke to a rep and was told to off engine (with key removed) and wait for 15min. The problem will be solved as the engine will do a reset by itself. After 15 min, true enough the problem was gone and i could move off. He also mentioned that these are quite common as many of the car owner have encountered these before.

Need some advise from the experts here on what could have caused all these and is it true it is a common problem? Really puzzled and surprise as the car is just 3 months old.

Regards

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kepiting1sg
A car new or old should not behave this way. I will send to CnC for checks.

Happened to my E250 when 4 weeks old!

Died 1 time - moved a few feet & stopped!

Off engine (keyless) Pressed start again!

Vroom! & never happen again for the next 1yr till I sold the car :)

Guest nightfly

This also happened to me once on my pre-FL 2008 C180K. IIRC, I did the 15 minute wait as instructed and the engine started with stable rpm and could move off. It was a one off thing during the entire 3 years I had the car.

I would bring it in only if it occurs again. However, if you want to be super safe then send it in for a check.

YMMV.

Till now still puzzled abt what could hv caused these.

Thought of sending into C&C but i'm afraid it will take a damn long time to diagnose and return to u telling there is no problem

at all.

Hopefully it only happens once like some of the bros here.

Any experts able to explain why?

Guest nightfly

Not an expert by any means but my speculation is that as with any processor controlled function, blips may happen just like if your iphone or ipod hangs for seemingly no reason. If it happens once in a blue moon then it probably is acceptable. If it happens once too often then it needs further investigation.

Guest vincemerz

Has never happened before for my c180 cgi, e cab and e sedan,

I will sure complain to C and C if I were you.

Mercedes leH!

The best or nothing. So how can like that?!.!?,?,?