• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine started, gear @ "D"... BUT

merczoomer

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro,

Seriously need advise and help.... just awhile ago i got this issued. Started the car, put to "D" and step Accelerator but car not moving (Engine ON). I off and start again for many times still the same... Getting panic and decided to give the car a few more mins before crank again..Finally one last try, started the car again and able to move... WTH is happening.

Notice:

1. Engine started... i can feel engine noticeable vibrating on the gear nod and steering.

Can be the HID causes the problem? Btw my ride is only 2 months old.

PLEASE HELP!

After seeing some many bros experiencing this problem, finally it was my turn last night.....

RPM was running very low and car vibrating... throttle no response..

Remember seeing some post about waiting for few minutes and i follow the steps then finally the car back to normal after a few attempt... phew....

Just called pandan loop and tell them my problem. I asked them if this is an outdated software that is causing the problem but they cant tell unless i send in my car for diagnose. The earliest slot for me to send in is next tuesday! Faint... me flying off this weekend so i will send in after i'm back...

Will update you guys if there is any different version of explanation (software problem lah or key turn too fast lah) from the technician...

Let me update you... I got the diagnose from C&C. No problem found in the car... perfect condition *expected the SE will said that". I have also highlighted the software issued. The SE claimed that my car already the latest module, must wait for the next release *WTH this soound like mobile update version". Anyway I tried hard to accept their kuku reason....

To those Bro have this problem and after diagnose NO issue:

Please MAKE sure you ask the SE log the problem in the system. If not next time the problem become serious again, C&C will just said you come for normal diagnose only and nothing track about the problem before.

• 4 months later...

Joining in the club, my 09 C200K just decided to jump on the bandwagon, do abit of boogie in the morning then refuse to move.

Symptoms very clear:

1) Car Electronics come on

2) Engine fires up, judders then RPM will drop below 1000

3) You start to panic

4) You pop the hood and check if engine oil is sufficient

5) You start attracting attention by curious onlookers aka Kaypoh morons

6) You decide to try one more time before calling a tow truck

7) It works, you scratch your head and wonder WTH was that about

8) You come online and realise everyone goes through it and you're unsure whether you are heng or suay

As for the SE who say turn key too fast, ask them to fly kite. Mine's a push start and it happened too.