• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Installation of In-Vehicle Video Recorder

...cos ah boon's surname is Ng.....

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Ah yah, Ah Boon and Mr Ng same person lar...anyway, I will be at AutoSpritz later to install my Finevu. Anybody else going to be there??

Full Name: Ng Boon Teck

Handphone switches on during work hours cos he lives in JB

Unker want to visit their new place - going next Sat.

This week car to Zaino East for grooming!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Congrats!

Enjoy your new toy :)

Cheers

Installed my Finevu today at AS, fast and clean job. Ah boon 'injected' me with poisons and my anitode was not working! Went on installing the LED daylight dimmer and AMG Padel. :) that AMG steering is very tempting as well...

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Good luck to your wallet. I suggest you just close your eyes hand over the money can Liao. Welcome to the club!

Once he knows you've become his regular, he will tone down on the sales. Remembered I experienced the same thing during my first visit. Tempted me to change my pedals, rims, and integrate GPS to my Audio 20!

Installed my Finevu today at AS, fast and clean job. Ah boon 'injected' me with poisons and my anitode was not working! Went on installing the LED daylight dimmer and AMG Padel. :) that AMG steering is very tempting as well...

Is your finevu connected to battery or to cigarette plug. found that mine is connect to Cigarette plug power and cannot go into parking mode because when the car is off, the cigar power is off too.

Is your finevu connected to battery or to cigarette plug. found that mine is connect to Cigarette plug power and cannot go into parking mode because when the car is off, the cigar power is off too.

If your DVR is turned on all the time, it might drained the battery flat.

Dunno abt finevue!

Those using Blackvue has the PowerMagic module which allows the setting of the recording hrs & cutoff battery voltage to prevent the battery going flat.

Cheers

@Wishbone

It is tapped onto some power source, not connected to the cig plug. Power to Finevu will cut off once engine is shut down. I ve specifically reminded them before intallation.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Once he knows you've become his regular, he will tone down on the sales. Remembered I experienced the same thing during my first visit. Tempted me to change my pedals, rims, and integrate GPS to my Audio 20!

Oh yes, Ah Boon is very good in selling! haha..., He was also kind enough giving me a little surprise "present". He did some magic to my reverse cam and now there are colour guided line markings on screen, an additonal feature even CnC installer is not aware! Please note this is usually chargable at a minimal fee.

Go find him if anyone wants to activate this feature in your screen. Better give him call to confirm your ride before heading down.

@Wishbone

It is tapped onto some power source, not connected to the cig plug. Power to Finevu will cut off once engine is shut down. I ve specifically reminded them before intallation.

i know, was there to learn the process. It was tapped to the cig plug power, so Finevu will cut off when engine shut down. The disadvantage is no parking mode. The advantage is no battery drain problem. Anyway, should not have battery drain problem, I thought Finevu has a blackmagic and another re-chargable battery in-build already???

Not sure if the Finevu has any internal battery. But I think the recorder comes with parking mode feature and motion detector if I not wrong. Anyway, I don't really need the parking mode so it is still fine with me.

Just checked with seller, Finevu has internal battery lasting 30 mins. Guess parking mode is valid. Unless you want surveillance mode, the will need to tap onto car battery or using external battery source just like any other recorder, using the backmagic for example.

Just checked with seller, Finevu has internal battery lasting 30 mins. Guess parking mode is valid. Unless you want surveillance mode, the will need to tap onto car battery or using external battery source just like any other recorder, using the backmagic for example.

IMHO dun think the internal battery is for parking mode recording.

Internal battery are usually low in capacity and is usually for memory backup.

Each battery has a cycle life i.e 1 charge and discharge is consider as 1 cycle.

If an internal battery is drained flat each time and recharge then the end of cycle life is quickly reached and be "dead" in no time.

Cheers

The internal battery is not for parking mode recording, it is mainly for portable recording if need to operate the finevu for a short time away from the car without connecting to power supply. Parking and survelliance mode is disabled unless connected to constant on power.

I guess the choice is yours, u can use either blackvue, finevu or there is another model gaining popularity call Itronics ITB100HD. They all have parking mode, it is only whether you choose to connect them to "always on power" or "switched power".

The blackvue 400G is quite good, after 3 months use with some heat issues. (there is another brand called blackview...ahem) the blackvue380 is apparently supposed to solve that heat issue. might be worth investigating if you're in the market for one

Actually I feel the blackbox is more a deterrance on parking mode. Anyone will think twice in causing any mischief to your car if they see a camera there. Hack, even if you put a mockup there that look like a camera with a slow blinking led diode, people will not want to get close to yr car. It is a good thing the finevu is big and highly noticable from outside. People standing 5 meters from the car would be able to see it. I am thinking of connecting a low voltage blinking led to the finvu holder to make it seem like the camera is recording when parked. Will not drain the battery, but have the deterrance effect. Good idea???

• Like 1