• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New to MercSG & new Merc

weelee

Hi, I've just bought a Merc C180K and decide to join this forum for tips and knowledge. I was driving a Nissan before and I noticed that Merc has lots of auto sensors e.g. auto lights sensor, rain sensors etc. my quick question is whether I can leave all the auto sensors on all the time ie I don't need to switch on and off every time I drive the car? Does it drain battery this way or it is better to switch to off every time I park the car?

Also, on my previous Nissan, I used to start the car engine in the morning and wait for the temperature indicator to turn off so that it's the right temperature and then drive the car. I noticed that the Merc does not have such indicators. Do you still need to wait a while before driving on the Merc?

Any comments is appreciated. Thanks.

Hi a warm welcome to sgmerc forum.

To answer your qn, firstly you can leave all your switches to auto mode and don't worry about anything else. That's what auto is for right?

Regarding warming up the vehicle before moving off, there isn't a need to do it for modern cars. You can just drive off immediately after you crank the engine. Of course you drive normally until the temperature is about 90deg (normal working temp of merc) before you start to rev hard.

Enjoy your new car!

• Like 1

the only "auto" feature that i turn off is the wipers. sometimes a small splatter of water on the windscreen will cause the wipers to go off and leave streak marks which i hate.

This one I agree 100%!!

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Welcome see u on this sunday gtg. Check out the details from the event thread.

Welcome

Hi all,

Currently an Audi and Citroen owner. Am looking to add a Ecoupe 250 or Ccoupe 250 to the family car. Wanted to know more before i pen the deal. Look forward to all comments.

Thanks

Welcome bro, nice to see you here too! :D