• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Sealant for C180?

hi,

just got my ride 2+ weeks ago, and i am wondering if there's any need to get paint sealant/Protection for the car? this is cos the MB paint is a type of nano-paint, isn't it? so it's harder and longer lasting?

Also, will sealant (whether MB nano sealant, zaino, amazing glaze etc) affect the colour and appearance of the paint?

Any comments are welcome!

thank you!

N

ps: it seems that the MB nano sealant is not that popular among the members here. is this true?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All sealant wouldnt last long if you dont do a weekly wash & simple grooming. Nano thingy if is free why not else dont bother.

I'm using Permanon. Tried nano, pps etc. So far not bad but as mentioned nothing last forever. But it does help in protecting your paint work. If you are always parked under the sun and or outdoors, it will be $$$ well spent. My 2 cents

For me, I have to park in the great outdoors, so jiao sai is my best friend. I try to avoid my best friend, then kena tree leaves and branches. So this weekend I will be popping over to blacknight's for some paint protection. From my friends' experiences with nano, it's no big deal.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

i also gotta park in the great outdoors, and bird poop and tree sap are the common friends that like to visit! so yes, that's why i am thinking of this PPS thingy. another reason is that my colleague did Amazing Glaze on his Nissan Slyphy, and i have to say that his shine is still damn good, even after 5 years plus! hmm...

I did glare. IMO so so. Just needed to know my baby has a layer of protection to sleep well at night. At the end of the day u still need to wash ur car regularly.

I just did a Permanon. Not bad. You take charge lah, feel like trying Zaino. Or we organise a DIY session....... :P

Welcome! do contact us on 67449119 / sms 97167788 for an appointment. Hope to see you guys soon.

<p>zaino-logo-1.jpgZAINO AUTHORIZED DETAILING CENTER 176 Sin Ming Dr, #04-08 Sin Ming AutoCare, Singapore 575721TEL: 67449119 / 97167788ACELLENT AUTO INSURANCETEL: 67449119" We Treat Your Car Like Our Own!"https://www.facebook...cellentgrooming

I just call Amazing Glare. For a 6 mths old black car, 380 to 460 bucks depending on existing water marks.

Restore to new car shine condition. Last at least one year with 2 shampoo wash per mth

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

I just call Amazing Glare. For a 6 mths old black car, 380 to 460 bucks depending on existing water marks.

Restore to new car shine condition. Last at least one year with 2 shampoo wash per mth

2 shampoo wash per month? meaning gotta go back to wash??!! or wash by oneself?

nocappucino, I don't think Glare is that amazing. After one wash, it didn't feel so smooth after that. Just did nano sealant for the boot, today I saw a paint mark and I can easily remove it. Will wash my car tomorrow, and will let you know if the smooth feeling still stays.

Ya. Some bros from other forum also commented on the same thing. After one shampo wash, the smooth effect not so good.

Maybe our ride not BMW so not suitable for that.

Now considering Zaino or Nano again. Haha

nocappucino, I don't think Glare is that amazing. After one wash, it didn't feel so smooth after that. Just did nano sealant for the boot, today I saw a paint mark and I can easily remove it. Will wash my car tomorrow, and will let you know if the smooth feeling still stays.

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

I just did a Permanon. Not bad. You take charge lah, feel like trying Zaino. Or we organise a DIY session....... :P

Bro Barney, why want to change since you just did Permanon? No good meh?

If change to Zaino, won't they remove your Permanon?

Dont be mistaken, Permanon is good. But the application last for about 3-6 months especially since i park in industrial areas, unless I maintain it myself or ask then to help me maintain. But I dont have the time and energy to do it. Though if ur a DIY person, it's great value to buy the kit.

Nowadays lazy to even wash myself.

Barney I agree. I reckon I will wash a few more weeks then I'll probably go down and pay blacknight $$$$.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

how was it? was it smooth? :)