• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic about Jaguar

Guest angela

Guest lightning
Was looking at the XJ 5.0 V8 LWB price. From a high of SGD381' date='000 (COE 70k+) it has dropped to SGD333,000 (COE 67k+). That's SGD888 cheaper than the CLS350. Think I'll go for a test drive tomorrow morning.[/quote']

Huat Ahhhh...:P

Guest mvdennis
Sanjay wrote:

Jaguar and land rover owned by TATA of India now... sales are good and new models are generally reliable and good looking... TATA is not cash strapped.. so money no issue....even the agent for land rover changed so that wearnes could manage both the makes together..

Hopefully Wearnes after sales is better... for the sake of potential Jag buyers.

However, I still don't think I'll buy another Jag. :hand:

German marques are definitely a safer choice. :music:

hahaha i kinda revived this thread but yet i never came back to check on it! :P

yes i have to admit that jaguar reliability is still questionable ... but that's only if you're looking at pre 2008 models ... new XF (and i'm assuming the new XJ) can be comparable to most german marques these days.

and i'm surprised to hear that many of you are complaining about the after sales service of Malayan Motors - if anything, i would say thank god Wearnes bought MM else their service standards will forever be poor.... When i used to own the X-type (and i was second owner somemore), Malayan actually called me up about 1 month before the warranty was up and asked if i would like to leave my car with them for 2 days for them to do a thorough check on it before warranty expires. Now THAT is service.

And for all servicing jobs, they would assign a test driver with you for a short test drive to understand if there are any issues that need to be looked at - for example, funny creaking noises etc. That's a standard service even for servicing ... i thought that's pretty darn good actually!

Guest mvdennis
Got to agreed with you on the test drive area. During my first test drive on the Landy i couldnt feel the drive. Got fed up i told my SE either i go AYE or no deal from me. My SE give me all sort of excuses that company policy bla bla. While she continues talking we ended up at AYE & i brought the landy. So happy ending for everyone!!

During the M5 launch the SE harping on the power, the speed & the roaring of the M5 when u pushes the car & bla bla bla. So i throw the same question but not AYE, instead North South highway. The SE almost got choke on his own saliva. He explains that no way the company allow to test drive on NS & bla bla. But i m not listening to the crap coz i dont plan to lose my license during the test drive.

Yea, you feel like they're not keen in closing the deal. Haha but wow, you still bought the Landy! If I were you, I'd come back another day, and look for another SE who deserves the commission!

Don't even talk about the M5 SE, I also got a shock when you mentioned NS Highway! But the SE from C & C was nice enough to let me and my parents (yes, so all 3 of us got to test drive the car on the same day with the same SE, it took hours really) to drive the E250 on the AYE, around Queenstown, and even on a spirited drive along South Buona Vista Road.

Not to mention the aftersales is tops!

hahaha i think the big problem with Malayan Motors is yes, the snobbish sales people attitude ... but perhaps the bigger problem is that it's inconsistent!!! Some i know are perfectly professional (my colleague took one for THREE test drives in a day spanning hours ... fetch the wife, the child, the MIL even ... quite kiasu actually Lol!) whilst others are not even bothered

Still remember once i sent mine in for servicing, and just popped by the sales office ... they KNOW i am a current owner but even so can't be bothered to offer a coffee or something. Damn chum.

Guest mvdennis
Was looking at the XJ 5.0 V8 LWB price. From a high of SGD381' date='000 (COE 70k+) it has dropped to SGD333,000 (COE 67k+). That's SGD888 cheaper than the CLS350. Think I'll go for a test drive tomorrow morning.[/quote']

Huat Ahhhh...:P

that's a remarkable deal!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mvdennis
Anyone has any recent dealings with Jaguar under Wearnes? Keen to know how is their after sales service..... is it as tok kong as See & Wait & See?

not a very recent dealing ... but about 2 years ago.

Service is top notch. I bought a baby jag on the second hand market and drove it there for servicing ... they would typically assign a test driver to go for a short drive with you to understand if there are any issues you would like them to resolve (you can opt out of that if you're not free to spend 20 mins with them)

Things are super transparent and they even invite you to go into their workshop to see the repair job being done (and you can also catch a glimpse of the XJ220 and McLaren F1 parked at the side :P) Usually after the servicing, the service guy will call you about 2 weeks later to find out if there are any issues that was unresolved etc.

Perhaps the most impressive was when i was nearing the end of the warranty period, they rang me up and asked if i would like to leave my car with them for a thorough check before the warranty was up! I did so, and managed to get 2 new headlamps, new gaskets, and some other stuff. Total bill for $0, but on their internal invoice, it was $8K

Guest darkavenger
Anyone has any recent dealings with Jaguar under Wearnes? Keen to know how is their after sales service..... is it as tok kong as See & Wait & See?

not a very recent dealing ... but about 2 years ago.

Service is top notch. I bought a baby jag on the second hand market and drove it there for servicing ... they would typically assign a test driver to go for a short drive with you to understand if there are any issues you would like them to resolve (you can opt out of that if you're not free to spend 20 mins with them)

Things are super transparent and they even invite you to go into their workshop to see the repair job being done (and you can also catch a glimpse of the XJ220 and McLaren F1 parked at the side :P) Usually after the servicing, the service guy will call you about 2 weeks later to find out if there are any issues that was unresolved etc.

Perhaps the most impressive was when i was nearing the end of the warranty period, they rang me up and asked if i would like to leave my car with them for a thorough check before the warranty was up! I did so, and managed to get 2 new headlamps, new gaskets, and some other stuff. Total bill for $0, but on their internal invoice, it was $8K

wow! I'm impressed! but was this under Malayan Motors or under Wearnes? See and See service definitely made them lose a returning customer....... unless there is a drop dead gorgeous model which i don't think there is....

think couple of posts above.... some experience the bochup attitude from sales..... hopefully it's just one-off incidents....

Guest mvdennis

wow! I'm impressed! but was this under Malayan Motors or under Wearnes? See and See service definitely made them lose a returning customer....... unless there is a drop dead gorgeous model which i don't think there is....

think couple of posts above.... some experience the bochup attitude from sales..... hopefully it's just one-off incidents....

MM is under Wearnes what ... no meh? I think they bought the company (MM) many years ago but only recently then the service integration etc has happened. I'm just super impressed at how much effort they spend on my baby jaguar which is really nothing when you drive into their garage of Bentleys (same service centre). Lol!

The sales people were known to be snobbish in the past ... but i think recent years have seen them employ a lot more customer oriented ones. My friend (who's a real miser and never bought anything more than a Honda in his life) was so impressed with the service compared again PM and Audee that he ended up signing a XF on the first day he stepped into the showroom.

;)

Guest darkavenger

MM is under Wearnes what ... no meh? I think they bought the company (MM) many years ago but only recently then the service integration etc has happened. I'm just super impressed at how much effort they spend on my baby jaguar which is really nothing when you drive into their garage of Bentleys (same service centre). Lol!

The sales people were known to be snobbish in the past ... but i think recent years have seen them employ a lot more customer oriented ones. My friend (who's a real miser and never bought anything more than a Honda in his life) was so impressed with the service compared again PM and Audee that he ended up signing a XF on the first day he stepped into the showroom.

;)

hmm... no idea of the relationship between MM and Wearnes....

ok. sounds encouraging!

Guest darkavenger
MTL lah!

Lower Diesel tax

XF 2.2 Diesel!

The 450Nm torque is contagious and U will leave many cars behind at the traffic lights!

XF_012_014_RHD_UK-838x365.jpg

unker! yes! the XF 2.2 is damn tempting!!! the torque is really enticing.... and i do like the new look.

but too bad nvr win yesterday's Toto.... so gotta continue counting beans until got enough to barter for this one. :(

Guest kepiting1sg
MTL lah!

Lower Diesel tax

XF 2.2 Diesel!

The 450Nm torque is contagious and U will leave many cars behind at the traffic lights!

XF_012_014_RHD_UK-838x365.jpg

unker! yes! the XF 2.2 is damn tempting!!! the torque is really enticing.... and i do like the new look.

but too bad nvr win yesterday's Toto.... so gotta continue counting beans until got enough to barter for this one. :(

Stop being an accountant lah!

Our Bro came back from the Dark Side!

Now it's your turn!

May the force be with U! :P

Guest mvdennis

actually i remember yet another instance ... BEFORE i bought the jag. The original paint of the car i was eyeing was Dark Green and frankly quite ugly for that car (it's not dark enough and wasn't really the typical british racing green we have seen on the XKs... ) so the deal was that i would only buy the car IF the used car dealer would respray it for me using original jaguar paint.

So, driving my cheap renault, i went to MM and asked if they could show me the full jaguar colour palette and if they could give me the colour code / quote for the paint colour. To my surprise the service centre crew told me to follow them and they led me into the workshop where there were a row of XJs in different colours and said "why look at the palette when you can look at the real thing??" So i picked the colour i like (the rare Pearl Grey colour only available for the big XJ8 then) and my dealer dealt with them later to have the car resprayed.

Now that is what i call SERVICE. And i'm not even a customer at that time yet! Lol!

Guest mvdennis

damn chum ... me too. not even hit a single set of number! Blardy hell!!!

Lol

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, am new to this forum and do not drive a Merc. I have a Chinese lady friend who bought a S350 recently. She is keen to join for meet ups and maybe trips to Malaysia but she does not speak English as yet. So she asked for me to help her check out the Merc forum and maybe accompany her to Merc gathering in future. Hope you don't mind.

Contributing a little to this section... I am currently driving the XF 3L Diesel. Car going to be 1 year old soon. So far no major issue with the car and very happy with it. The service team in Wearnes is also great so far.

Hi, am new to this forum and do not drive a Merc. I have a Chinese lady friend who bought a S350 recently. She is keen to join for meet ups and maybe trips to Malaysia but she does not speak English as yet. So she asked for me to help her check out the Merc forum and maybe accompany her to Merc gathering in future. Hope you don't mind.

Contributing a little to this section... I am currently driving the XF 3L Diesel. Car going to be 1 year old soon. So far no major issue with the car and very happy with it. The service team in Wearnes is also great so far.

Welcome!! All makes & models are welcome . Languages is not a barrier here too. She can log in & type chinese & ask for pointers or directions. As much as possible we will help out. Yes, please come & join us for the outing or gtg. If needs more information, do pm yr nos we can do offline.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

a little dis-hearten hearing many negative feedback on Jag. Hopefully they are for the older models.

Just book a 3.0XF. Hopefully can get it by this month's bidding.

Congrats on your new ride & hope you enjoy it! :)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

a little dis-hearten hearing many negative feedback on Jag. Hopefully they are for the older models.

Just book a 3.0XF. Hopefully can get it by this month's bidding.

Just curious if you considered the 2.2TD variant. Tested that car and was impressed.

i did not test drive the 2.2D as i have this mindset that diesel might be underpower. But that's until i read its spec. It has 8speed and higher hp/torque than the 3.0 petrol.

Need a little getting use to without the turbo like the Merc.

I shortlisted a few ride, mostly SUV. For some reason i ended up in Wearnes. The interior details just blown me away.

Just curious if you considered the 2.2TD variant. Tested that car and was impressed.

RX350, XC60 and ML300. Test drove the first 2. XC60 out (interior too bland and the rear door too small). RX350 was excellent, everything i need except the pricing. 285K just too steep for a Jap car.

The next day prior to collecting my W212 from C&C (over night servicing), i drop by Wearnes, the rest is history. So, have not even sat in the ML yet.

RX350, XC60 and ML300. Test drove the first 2. XC60 out (interior too bland and the rear door too small). RX350 was excellent, everything i need except the pricing. 285K just too steep for a Jap car.

The next day prior to collecting my W212 from C&C (over night servicing), i drop by Wearnes, the rest is history. So, have not even sat in the ML yet.

Oh, so you have not seen the new 2012 ML250/350 SUV? I heard many good reviews about it.