• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic about Jaguar

Guest angela

went to see/try it today... V8 supercharge version... the power really dun playplay....heart almost stop... :death:

someone go test test with "manfred" never jio me along? later u see 8822 will kena stop by TP again... :whip2: >:(

Yeah! felt like aeroplane... but not worth in sg la.. sgd $295k for a 4.2l v8... hmmmm...

so $295k not worth for 4.2 v8...

but $285k worth for a 3.0 v6?? ??? ??? ???

hahahahaha... :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum:

see this jaguar in HDR

2226208387_99fd6ece81.jpg

Jag’s XF Coupé gets ready to roar!

Beautiful two-door takes fight to Audi A5

25th November 2008: By Sam Hardy

car_photo_294114_25.jpg

This is Jaguar’s new super coupé – a two-door sports car poised to take the Big Cat into uncharted territory by locking horns with the Audi A5 and BMW 3-Series Coupé.

Expanding the highly successful XF range, the new coupé will combine striking looks with real driver appeal by adding a dramatic body to the saloon’s sporty underpinnings.

As Auto Express revealed in Issue 1,039, the XF Coupé is a key part of a new model strategy by Jaguar’s parent company, Tata. The raft of sporty machines will include the model you see here, as well as a drop-top Roadster version and a two-seater rival to the Porsche Boxster.

While the two-seater is still some way from showrooms, both the Coupé and Roadster go on sale here in 2010 – and they promise to give other prestige firms some tough competition.

car_photo_294120_25.jpg

As you can see from our world exclusive pictures, the head-turning XF Coupé could do for Jaguar what the TT did for Audi. Taking much of its inspiration from design boss Ian Callum’s original C-XF concept car, it boasts a bold metal grille, piercing LED headlights and raised bonnet bulge, which hints at the power that lies beneath.

The overall result is a strong visual identity, giving the car a much more aggressive face than the XF saloon. The high waistline provides further solidity in profile, and when combined with a steeply raked rear window and raised bootlid, it looks muscular and athletic.

car_photo_294117_25.jpg

Inside, the cabin is set to be derived from the XF saloon’s, with touchscreens, a glove­box which opens at the wave of a hand and a hidden gear selector. That raised rear end should mean a big boot, while there will be generous space for two adults in the back.

Power will come from an updated range of petrol and diesel engines, which will debut in the XF next year. These include a 3.0-litre twin-turbodiesel and a 5.0-litre supercharged V8 for the flagship.

The latter also features in the forthcoming XFR. It pumps out 500bhp, and should propel the XF Coupé from 0-60mph in five seconds – making it a genuine rival for BMW’s M3 and the Audi S5.

All engines will be mated to Jaguar’s six-speed auto. Add in a sportier rear-wheel-drive set-up than in the XF, and it will be one of the most desirable Jaguars ever. Sales should kick off in 2010, with prices starting at around £35,000.

went to see/try it today... V8 supercharge version... the power really dun playplay....heart almost stop... :death:

someone go test test with "manfred" never jio me along? later u see 8822 will kena stop by TP again... :whip2: >:(

Yeah! felt like aeroplane... but not worth in sg la.. sgd $295k for a 4.2l v8... hmmmm...

so $295k not worth for 4.2 v8...

but $285k worth for a 3.0 v6?? ??? ??? ???

hahahahaha... :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum:

see this jaguar in HDR

2226208387_99fd6ece81.jpg

Which car 3.0 V6 285k? Jag? Like that 4.2 worth la...LOLs

• 4 months later...
Guest colrc

Had a XJ6. First and last time. The older Jags are great classics unlike the new ones which really are not value for money. Stick to beemers and mercs, maybe even VWs. You'll have more fun and less problems with yr cars.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a XJ6. First and last time. The older Jags are great classics unlike the new ones which really are not value for money. Stick to beemers and mercs, maybe even VWs. You'll have more fun and less problems with yr cars.

Sat in an entry range 2007 Jag X-Type.. man it's nothing compared to the classic models. The interior was just.... lacklustre. The name Jaguar provokes a sense of old world luxury motoring of which a vast majority of the old DNA was lost in that 2007 range. My dad in law still raves about his old cat purring on the streets.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Raskie

wah ... beri beri good buy leh ...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=45289

Jaguar XK8 4.2A

Price $148,000

Road tax $4,256 per year

Transmission Auto

Engine cap 4196 cc

Reg date 22-Dec-2004

Mileage 55,000 km

Features -

Accessories -

Description 1 Owner's Car, Low Mileage, Well Kept By Careful Owner. Must View, Don't Miss It.

COE $26,301

OMV $972,727

Depreciation $12,134 per year

No. of owners 1

Type of veh Luxury Sedan

Category PARF Car

Look at the OMV !!!!! :whip2:

Guest TuMMyBeaR

OMV $972,727 & the selling price only $148,000, is it real or typing error???

Hahaha.... No way for OMV to be so high..... if its so, this would have cost around 2.5 to 3 million..... :P

Likely to be $97k which is about right for a Jaguar XK8.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

wah ... beri beri good buy leh ...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=45289

Jaguar XK8 4.2A

Price $148,000

Road tax $4,256 per year

Transmission Auto

Engine cap 4196 cc

Reg date 22-Dec-2004

Mileage 55,000 km

Features -

Accessories -

Description 1 Owner's Car, Low Mileage, Well Kept By Careful Owner. Must View, Don't Miss It.

COE $26,301

OMV $972,727

Depreciation $12,134 per year

No. of owners 1

Type of veh Luxury Sedan

Category PARF Car

Look at the OMV !!!!! :whip2:

just to let people know...the designer that did this car is the same who did the Aston DB7, DB9 & the V8 Vantage. That was how cash strapped ford was at that time, and this car is the V8 vantage underneath which means it should be good value for money

• 2 years later...
Guest merc212

Forget about Jaguar... It's for the very rich and elite because they can afford to drive it for 1-2 yrs then sell off before warranty expires.

The car is very problematic and the agent suck big time for after sales service.

I used to own one but became poor from hefty repair bills, so now can only afford Merc! (just joking).

So forget about buying one no matter how nice the new designs are. :whistle:

merc212 wrote:

Forget about Jaguar... It's for the very rich and elite because they can afford to drive it for 1-2 yrs then sell off before warranty expires.

The car is very problematic and the agent suck big time for after sales service.

I used to own one but became poor from hefty repair bills, so now can only afford Merc! (just joking).

So forget about buying one no matter how nice the new designs are. :whistle:

Jaguar and land rover owned by TATA of India now... sales are good and new models are generally reliable and good looking... TATA is not cash strapped.. so money no issue....even the agent for land rover changed so that wearnes could manage both the makes together..

Guest merc212

Sanjay wrote:

Jaguar and land rover owned by TATA of India now... sales are good and new models are generally reliable and good looking... TATA is not cash strapped.. so money no issue....even the agent for land rover changed so that wearnes could manage both the makes together..

Hopefully Wearnes after sales is better... for the sake of potential Jag buyers.

However, I still don't think I'll buy another Jag. :hand:

German marques are definitely a safer choice. :music:

Guest snsd555

jaguar cars seem to be getting better and better. see a lot more of them on the roads.

the xf and xj looks pretty darn good to me!

not sure if they still suffer from a lack of interior space though?

Guest Chia 699

Test drove the XF 3.0 V6. Family used to have a Toyota Corolla Altis and the XF interior seemed to look like it came from that Thaiyota.

Thought of pushing that XF a bit at the traffic light but was greeted with that grumpy and grouchy V6 and nothing much else, i.e. not much forward movement.

XF is significantly cheaper than the E250 and it feels like it. Service wasn't good from sales rep too, probably because she didn't take me serious enough as I was wearing slippers and bermudas. She only let me take the car to Queenstown MRT and back to showroom, not even a drive around the area.

Surprisingly, sales rep was rude yet desperate. Weeks after purchasing an E250, she still continued sending messages and calling frequently. When asked if I'm interested in the XJ, my reply, "Thinking of upgrading to S350L in the future." That shut her up haha.

But really, I admit that the XF looks good. But in terms of engineering and interior quality, it's still the Germans who do better. Even if I didn't buy the E250, I'd probably have bought the 523i Highline - the Jag doesn't stand a chance.

Guest blackmercs

Got to agreed with you on the test drive area. During my first test drive on the Landy i couldnt feel the drive. Got fed up i told my SE either i go AYE or no deal from me. My SE give me all sort of excuses that company policy bla bla. While she continues talking we ended up at AYE & i brought the landy. So happy ending for everyone!!

During the M5 launch the SE harping on the power, the speed & the roaring of the M5 when u pushes the car & bla bla bla. So i throw the same question but not AYE, instead North South highway. The SE almost got choke on his own saliva. He explains that no way the company allow to test drive on NS & bla bla. But i m not listening to the crap coz i dont plan to lose my license during the test drive.

Guest Chia 699
Got to agreed with you on the test drive area. During my first test drive on the Landy i couldnt feel the drive. Got fed up i told my SE either i go AYE or no deal from me. My SE give me all sort of excuses that company policy bla bla. While she continues talking we ended up at AYE & i brought the landy. So happy ending for everyone!!

During the M5 launch the SE harping on the power, the speed & the roaring of the M5 when u pushes the car & bla bla bla. So i throw the same question but not AYE, instead North South highway. The SE almost got choke on his own saliva. He explains that no way the company allow to test drive on NS & bla bla. But i m not listening to the crap coz i dont plan to lose my license during the test drive.

Yea, you feel like they're not keen in closing the deal. Haha but wow, you still bought the Landy! If I were you, I'd come back another day, and look for another SE who deserves the commission!

Don't even talk about the M5 SE, I also got a shock when you mentioned NS Highway! But the SE from C & C was nice enough to let me and my parents (yes, so all 3 of us got to test drive the car on the same day with the same SE, it took hours really) to drive the E250 on the AYE, around Queenstown, and even on a spirited drive along South Buona Vista Road.

Not to mention the aftersales is tops!

Was looking at the XJ 5.0 V8 LWB price. From a high of SGD381,000 (COE 70k+) it has dropped to SGD333,000 (COE 67k+). That's SGD888 cheaper than the CLS350. Think I'll go for a test drive tomorrow morning.