• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

The new A Class

Guest mem0ry27

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really glad to find this community of A Class owners.  I just ordered mine last weekend - A black A200 Urban with the AMG line - once price dropped 5k due to the drop in COE.  Tremendously excited now but have to wait till prob mid-Jan to collect it.  Argh, the wait is tough and I'm still hoping it'll be a great Xmas prezzie!  Quick question for any bros in the know - would CnC do the debadging if I asked them to?  Has anyone asked and received this? Thanks.

Really glad to find this community of A Class owners.  I just ordered mine last weekend - A black A200 Urban with the AMG line - once price dropped 5k due to the drop in COE.  Tremendously excited now but have to wait till prob mid-Jan to collect it.  Argh, the wait is tough and I'm still hoping it'll be a great Xmas prezzie!  Quick question for any bros in the know - would CnC do the debadging if I asked them to?  Has anyone asked and received this? Thanks.

Welcome!! Yes the waiting period is tough if this is yr first mercs. Going back to the debaging question, the standard answer from yr SE is probably no. So you got to convince him or her to help u. Debadging is so simple and takes only a min to remove the badges with an old credit card.

I am requesting them not to stick the 4matic and CnC logo... makes the rear so cluttered with words... Should be no harm asking.... and yes the wait is damn long... booked since july

Really glad to find this community of A Class owners.  I just ordered mine last weekend - A black A200 Urban with the AMG line - once price dropped 5k due to the drop in COE.  Tremendously excited now but have to wait till prob mid-Jan to collect it.  Argh, the wait is tough and I'm still hoping it'll be a great Xmas prezzie!  Quick question for any bros in the know - would CnC do the debadging if I asked them to?  Has anyone asked and received this? Thanks

Mine was without the CnC logo, specifically told them not to stick.

Asked my SE to de-badge the car and his reply was that he can arrange so CnC logo isn't installed.  However, cannot debadge as they are worried it will leave the sticky glue on the finish.  I guess I'll have to go for detailing and ask the detailing shop to debadge and polish.

Another question I'm dying to find out.  My car comes with the normal Audio 20 with 6 disc changer.  I've read that it's not great and am keen to at least change the speakers - however I can't seem to find out any details of the system online.  Would anyone know how many speakers, what kind/size are the speakers, does the system come with an amplifier or a subwoofer?  I'm aware that this might a question for the ICE forums but am wondering if the setup is specific to models.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

Asked my SE to de-badge the car and his reply was that he can arrange so CnC logo isn't installed.  However, cannot debadge as they are worried it will leave the sticky glue on the finish.  I guess I'll have to go for detailing and ask the detailing shop to debadge and polish.

Another question I'm dying to find out.  My car comes with the normal Audio 20 with 6 disc changer.  I've read that it's not great and am keen to at least change the speakers - however I can't seem to find out any details of the system online.  Would anyone know how many speakers, what kind/size are the speakers, does the system come with an amplifier or a subwoofer?  I'm aware that this might a question for the ICE forums but am wondering if the setup is specific to models.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

was told can debadge...anyway should change harmon kardon in the 1st place...2k + for the hassle later... regret not doing so :(

was told can debadge...anyway should change harmon kardon in the 1st place...2k + for the hassle later... regret not doing so :(

Although the Harmon Kardon is quite costly, I do agree that it would've been good to select that option.  I didn't have a chance though as I didn't 'indent' the car.  I bought what was already coming in and thus the wait was just 2.5 months.  If I indented, I wouldn't get the car till April/May - Thats 6 months+ and way too long.

Anyway I also got the answer to the no. of speakers question - there are 6 speakers, no amp and no subwoofer.  Not for long!  :)

Although the Harmon Kardon is quite costly, I do agree that it would've been good to select that option.  I didn't have a chance though as I didn't 'indent' the car.  I bought what was already coming in and thus the wait was just 2.5 months.  If I indented, I wouldn't get the car till April/May - Thats 6 months+ and way too long.

Anyway I also got the answer to the no. of speakers question - there are 6 speakers, no amp and no subwoofer.  Not for long!   :)

no amp no sub :(

• 4 weeks later...

how do you guys know your car is due for delivery etc?

About a month before the actual delivery, my SE informed me that cnc were due to pay the custom duties for my car. This was an indication that the car has arrived on our shores. The next couple of weeks, I just kept checking on the progress, such as transfer of my old car registration number, registration of new car etc. i'm not sure if its the norm, but from the time i was told that cnc received notification of custom duties to actual car collection, it took about 4 weeks for me.

About a month before the actual delivery, my SE informed me that cnc were due to pay the custom duties for my car. This was an indication that the car has arrived on our shores. The next couple of weeks, I just kept checking on the progress, such as transfer of my old car registration number, registration of new car etc. i'm not sure if its the norm, but from the time i was told that cnc received notification of custom duties to actual car collection, it took about 4 weeks for me.

Thanks. I have to keep chasing my SE as he promised 1st week Jan delivery but up till now no news. Now after I called then he said awaiting duties payment and can still delivery early Jan. Fingers really crossed....

For the checking of progress was it through your SE as well?