• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

The new A Class

Guest mem0ry27

Thanks. I have to keep chasing my SE as he promised 1st week Jan delivery but up till now no news. Now after I called then he said awaiting duties payment and can still delivery early Jan. Fingers really crossed....

For the checking of progress was it through your SE as well?

Well, I checked with my SE as well as through the one.motoring website, which allows me to confirm if indeed the old car registration has been transferred, etc. I guess one other factor that will impact delivery of the car after custom duties is the "local" mods that have to be done before delivery. In my case, there was the installation of the solar film, reverse camera and integrated GPS. I suspect mine took a while to be done as there were a number of cars to be modded... plus the festive holidays in the month of dec didn't help. Some how, things worked out and car was delivered on Xmas eve!

All the best with your delivery, and enjoy your ride when it comes! Cheers!

Hi Keith, how's your ride so far? Assembling all the bodykits soon?

Getting bbk sure void warranty no need ask SE. So depends on your risk appetite (and how deep your pockets are if (touch wood) anything goes wrong and you gotta claim warranty for it). But gotta say it is damn swee with those oversized shoes!

Hi Tom,

Other than bonnet, it is in good shape!

As for the rest , no improvement till date!... They ve sent me a ang mo technician to entertain my issue now!

Am still not happy with the problems found as posted Problem with A class . Door panels at times give extra rattling sound .... As for engine, he said not to worry as our A Class gearbox is built differently from VW. Need not worry, just have to change clutch instead of the entire gearbox. On my end, I asked why I can feel a jerking motion on D 2 n D3 during low speed especially coming to a complete stop. He explained it could be due to a slower speed transmission. Can you feel that some bullshit is coming out! Then, what about D2 n D1 ?

Can anyone verify on the gearing issue... Can you feel a jerk during those gears n a loud engaging or during disengaging ( D2 to D3 or D3 to D2)

Cold start, engine bay still produces a whistling sound . Do have your window down , audio off and spot it.

In short, his comment was like don't compared A class to the rest of merc model. So , now what ! I

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Received my car for 1 month now and I'll share the slight niggles I'm experiencing with mine.

1. Door panels, especially the passenger side, is rattling rather loudly when music plays.... the fact that it happens mainly on the passenger door leads me to think it is something that can be looked at.  My SE said this is not supposed to be the case and I should mention it when I next bring the car in to C&C.
  2. I get the loud whistling sound on a cold start too... It is quite loud and lasts a little while.
  3. I also noticed a cluck cluck sound upon idle (sort of like a mix between a diesel and V8 sound) which I want to get checked.  I do wonder if it is the normal sound of the engine. 
  4. I get a slight jerk too upon coming to a complete stop but I suspect it is the cutoff point for the engine stop that happens when ECO mode is on.  I normally turn it off but the slight jerk is still there.  Looks like something to live with.

Has anybody the same experience with their A?  Thanks.

Regards,

Mark

Hi,

Received my car for 1 month now and I'll share the slight niggles I'm experiencing with mine.

• Door panels, especially the passenger side, is rattling rather loudly when music plays.... the fact that it happens mainly on the passenger door leads me to think it is something that can be looked at.  My SE said this is not supposed to be the case and I should mention it when I next bring the car in to C&C.
  • I get the loud whistling sound on a cold start too... It is quite loud and lasts a little while.
  • I also noticed a cluck cluck sound upon idle (sort of like a mix between a diesel and V8 sound) which I want to get checked.  I do wonder if it is the normal sound of the engine. 
  • I get a slight jerk too upon coming to a complete stop but I suspect it is the cutoff point for the engine stop that happens when ECO mode is on.  I normally turn it off but the slight jerk is still there.  Looks like something to live with.

Has anybody the same experience with their A?  Thanks.

Regards,

Mark

Have my A class for 2 months now. Haven't (hopefully never!) had any issues like s/no 2-4. As for rattle coming from door panel, had a bit of that from the driver side door, more pronounced when driving up multi-storey carparks. Sent it in to CnC for a check. They opened the panels to check, and lubricated the door seals. All was good for about a week, then the rattle came back. After doing more research on the web, managed to isolate the sound to the door seal "rubbing" against the door frame. You'd be surprise to know that it sounds just like a loose item inside the door frame! Well, to cut the long story short, finally solved it by lubricating the seals again.

Hi guys,

I just joined this forum because Im intend to get Merc A200 to replace my 8 year old Civic FD. Hopefully the bros out here can advise me on the following issue;

- What is the frequency require for routine servicing? I heard Conti Car doesn't required much servicing but can be very costly for 1 servicing. For Japanese car, we sent for servicing on every 6months or 10000km whichever come first.

- What is the estimated cost for each routine servicing?

- Can we pump Shell grade 95 petrol to A200?

Hope to hear you guys soon.

Thanks in advance.

If you are going to buy from C&C... they do give complimentary service credits...(depends on your SE)... Standard C&C procedure is 15K.... And I think you can use your service credits to cover at least till the 30K servicing... after that... you are at their mercy..... So if you are not a heavy user... it should last you until the 3 yr warranty period is up.... then you can decide to go to outside service centres like our site sponsors.... Eg... MBM, Optima Werkz and BCC automotives....   they are very pro in their service too... You should be in good hands....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Ah bui.....

C&C credit for A class is only 2k or 3k.....

E & S class is 5-7k

If you are going to buy from C&C... they do give complimentary service credits...(depends on your SE)... Standard C&C procedure is 15K.... And I think you can use your service credits to cover at least till the 30K servicing... after that... you are at their mercy..... So if you are not a heavy user... it should last you until the 3 yr warranty period is up.... then you can decide to go to outside service centres like our site sponsors.... Eg... MBM, Optima Werkz and BCC automotives....   they are very pro in their service too... You should be in good hands....

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...