• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Juddering wipers

Guest jtang

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
Guest Samcklee

wow, very long thread and too me long time to finish

over the past many fighting this wiper and researching... judder is mainly caused by the following:

a. dirty glass by normal use as there is oil and grease on the highway

b. uneven application or weared RainX coating (applies to other chemical treatment also)

c. use of Wash & Wax shampoo where it will applies a layer of wax on your glass also

d. harden wiper rubber, which need to be change yearly

Many people find some remedies works only for few days because they never goes to the root of the problem. Like RainX, u need to apply a very even coating and it will work, and even a second coating to renew the life every 2-4 weeks. But some apply wrongly and becomes some part smooth and some part normal. This cause the wiper to judder as it past the smooth and rough section on the windscreen.

Anyway I found my solution using a soft99 Glass Polishing Compound at autobac for S$17. It looks like those car paint polishing compound and u need to polish it and if kiasu do it twice like me. Then use alcohol on some tissue to clean your wiper. U will see how dirty the wiper is when you wipe it... wipe till it is clean. Normally when I see the wiper not clean well I just use alcohol to clean my wiper, last me 1 -2 yrs also no need to change.

Autosol is a very brave try... I was almost there also. But why not try this soft99 first. BTW I know that Autosol also has a glass and plastic polish for S$5 dollars. but I cannot remember where I get it from maybe u guys can look around. Think it is at Jurong Point NTUC but cannot remember.

after I clean no more judder and I even apply my long time favorite Soft99 6x power rain repellent. I find this works much better than RainX which always caused judder if not apply properly or never apply renew coating after 2-4 weeks. My coating normally works for 3-6 months no problem.

So remember dun go to those wash and wax car wash anymore...

cheers

sam

Guest chiaster

first off, thank you for sharing, mate... :thumb: this will be very useful to many of us here that need a fix to this problem... :becky:

secondly, a warm welcome to you and if you have not made an introduction of yourself in the newbie thread, please kindly do so...

once you're done with that, check out our Events section and join us in the many activities lined up for members... do register for the AMG next month!

cheers... :music:

Samcklee wrote:

over the past many fighting this wiper and researching... judder is mainly caused by the following:

b. uneven application or weared RainX coating (applies to other chemical treatment also)

c. use of Wash & Wax shampoo where it will applies a layer of wax on your glass also

Many people find some remedies works only for few days because they never goes to the root of the problem. Like RainX, u need to apply a very even coating and it will work, and even a second coating to renew the life every 2-4 weeks. But some apply wrongly and becomes some part smooth and some part normal. This cause the wiper to judder as it past the smooth and rough section on the windscreen.

Anyway I found my solution using a soft99 Glass Polishing Compound at autobac for S$17. It looks like those car paint polishing compound and u need to polish it and if kiasu do it twice like me. Then use alcohol on some tissue to clean your wiper. U will see how dirty the wiper is when you wipe it... wipe till it is clean. Normally when I see the wiper not clean well I just use alcohol to clean my wiper, last me 1 -2 yrs also no need to change.

Autosol is a very brave try... I was almost there also. But why not try this soft99 first. BTW I know that Autosol also has a glass and plastic polish for S$5 dollars. but I cannot remember where I get it from maybe u guys can look around. Think it is at Jurong Point NTUC but cannot remember.

after I clean no more judder and I even apply my long time favorite Soft99 6x power rain repellent. I find this works much better than RainX which always caused judder if not apply properly or never apply renew coating after 2-4 weeks. My coating normally works for 3-6 months no problem.

cheers

sam

Guest hkhamateur

Samcklee wrote:

cheers

sam

Hi Sam, gd monday bro. :becky:

Tx u v much fr sharg this enrichment knowlegde n info. :bounce:

Aso a big :welcome: :peace:

Guest jhun_4040

Jarebbsg wrote:

ya...buy 2 bottle get 1 free

LOL !!!

But on the serious note, i too have this problem with the windscreen when all u guys mentioned, then i approach Zanio East, and they did some windscreen cleaning with their products ! and voila !! Smooth as cream ~~~

Guest shanhz27

last time used Rain X got the juddering prob.. but me being lazy dun like to keep applying. recently started using the rain X version that u add to the wiper reservoir. have to admit abit of juddering at some part of the windscreen but by and large, solves the prob for lazy me. easy application + beading water

Guest chiaster

welcome, mate! :welcome:

hope you'll enjoy your stay here at SGMERC! :becky:

do check out our "Events" section and join us in the upcoming month end get-together (last sunday every month) and the "not-to-be-missed" AMG that's happening on 26th november! :thumb:

see you soon! :bounce:

shanhz27 wrote:

last time used Rain X got the juddering prob.. but me being lazy dun like to keep applying. recently started using the rain X version that u add to the wiper reservoir. have to admit abit of juddering at some part of the windscreen but by and large, solves the prob for lazy me. easy application + beading water

Guest blackknight

jhun_4040 wrote:

LOL !!!

But on the serious note, i too have this problem with the windscreen when all u guys mentioned, then i approach Zanio East, and they did some windscreen cleaning with their products ! and voila !! Smooth as cream ~~~

Thanks jhun_4040 for your compliments:becky:

Guest shanhz27

chiaster wrote:

welcome, mate! :welcome:

hope you'll enjoy your stay here at SGMERC! :becky:

do check out our "Events" section and join us in the upcoming month end get-together (last sunday every month) and the "not-to-be-missed" AMG that's happening on 26th november! :thumb:

see you soon! :bounce:

wah u all very efficient. immediately "catch" the newbie leow. tks for the warm welcome and will considering getting a C or an E when it's time for me to chng cars.. :)

Guest chiaster

feel free to let us know if you would like to take a look at our rides before you make a decision!!! :becky:

shanhz27 wrote:

wah u all very efficient. immediately "catch" the newbie leow. tks for the warm welcome and will considering getting a C or an E when it's time for me to chng cars.. :)

• 2 weeks later...