• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Juddering wipers

Guest jtang

Guest jtang

Went to C&C today to complain about the terrible juddering from my wipers. My car is only 4 weeks old, & had this problem since day 1.

Told the SA about this problem.

Me: Can you do something to my wipers?

SA: Did you apply anything to windscreen?

Me: NO!

SA: Use the washer spray lah.

Me: Are you joking? It only last 2 min & I get the juddering again.

SA: I recommend the Merc windscreen chemical & wax. Surely work!

Me: Are you joking again? You just asked whether I apply anything, now you want me to do this? I want a new set of wipers lah.

SA: Then you'll have to leave the car for half a day to investigate. Need to check glass, wipers etc.

ME: What the ****? Are you serious? No thanks!

I drove off & went to Goldenlink Auto Parts & got myself a Borsch wipers for $60..problem solved!

Really disappointed with C&C.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackmercs

Muahahaha wat a joke. They ask u leave yr car there for half a day, u didn't ask for loan car??? Lolz My experience is e fluid not e wipers issue. Anyway u can't go wrong with Borsch wipers.

Guest bull_terrier

jtang wrote:

LOL! where got mood to ask for courtesy car..I almost strangled him:)

Thats good Bro. I changed a new set of wipers...after a few days, the judders came back. Thats why resorts to get them polished.

Guest kepiting1sg

Your problem with yr new ride could be a problem blade which U solved by changing blades.

Sometime I use Autoglym Glass Polish.

Works esp stubborn stains on windscreen.

Also dun ever use RainX products for your windscreen

or washer fluid. They help repel water but IMHO cos wiper judder. However RainX is good for your windows, side mirrors & rear windscreen.

In our climate good to change wiper blade every 6 to 9 mths. Keep a bottle of glass cleaner & keep yr windscreen clean so stains dun built up.

During car wash, clean yr wiper blades.

Guest heavenknows

jtang wrote:

Went to C&C today to complain about the terrible juddering from my wipers. My car is only 4 weeks old, & had this problem since day 1.

Me: Are you joking again? You just asked whether I apply anything, now you want me to do this? I want a new set of wipers lah.

SA: Then you'll have to leave the car for half a day to investigate. Need to check glass, wipers etc.

I drove off & went to Goldenlink Auto Parts & got myself a Borsch wipers for $60..problem solved!

During my last servicing I complained about this problem. C&C polised my windscreen and changed my wiper blades. The problem went away but only for a while. :( SA told me that the issue is because the wipers are pressed against the windscreen very hard so that once your windscreen is dirty, the wipers will jump. So I said; "Simple solution, right! Just change the springs on the wipers, lah!". SA told me they are not suppose to do any unauthorised modifications. .. sigh.

Bro, so far the Borsch wipers are serving you well? Nowadays almost everyday rain, wipers jumping ... really damn sianz.

Guest jtang

Bosch wipers are God send bro...no problem so far. I find that the original wipers are very stiffly curved while the Bosch's are less curved & more flexible, thereby exerting less pressure on the glass. Get them at Goldenlink Auto as they are stockist for Merc. Call 63371134.

Guest jtang

YEN96 wrote:

great job bro. You can get aftermarket parts easily locally. Borsh, Hella etc..i can get them for u too. u driving 203 or 204 ?

9362 3352

Bro, are you a dealer? How much are the Borsh wipers for W204?

Guest blackmercs

jtang wrote:

Bro, are you a dealer? How much are the Borsh wipers for W204?

Hi YEN96,

pls quote e borsch wiper for w212 too & these items:

rear spoiler - A207 793 0088

door sill - A207 680 0935

thanks

pls post yr finding & pricing here.

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

Hi YEN96,

pls quote e borsch wiper for w212 too & these items:

thanks

pls post yr finding & pricing here.

Good suggestion Bro Blackmercs

Rite! Post the finding & pricing here!

No need everyone asking for pm later.:becky:

Added in more items:

Borsch wiper for W212

boot tub - A212 814 0041

Front Apron spoiler lip - A212 880 0408

Rear tray/box - A212 680001 09051

AMG Front Alloy Wheel Styling IV - B660 031 468

AMG Rear Alloy Wheel Styling IV - B660 031 469

Front Mud Flaps - A212 890 0078

Rear Mud Flaps - A212 890 0178

TIA!!!

Guest YEN96

Estimated Prices as follows, Spare Parts Only, Install at your own workshop

Borsch wiper for W212 ( Should have, need to check )

rear spoiler - A207 793 0088 ( $700 ea, No stock )

boot tub - A212 814 0041 ( $170 ea, No stock )

Front Apron spoiler lip - A212 880 0408 ( $850 ea, 1pc available )

Rear tray/box - A212 680001 09051 ( $550 ea, stock available )

AMG Front Alloy Wheel Styling IV - B660 031 468 ( $1200 ea, No stock )

AMG Rear Alloy Wheel Styling IV - B660 031 469 ( $1200 ea, No stock )

Front Mud Flaps - A212 890 0078 ( $160 ea, stock available )

Rear Mud Flaps - A212 890 0178 ( $160 ea, stock available )

You guys are like expert, the part numbers very accurate :bounce:

Drop me a sms if u guys want the items.

YEN96

9362 3352

Guest heavenknows

jtang wrote:

Bosch wipers are God send bro...no problem so far. I find that the original wipers are very stiffly curved while the Bosch's are less curved & more flexible, thereby exerting less pressure on the glass. Get them at Goldenlink Auto as they are stockist for Merc. Call 63371134.

Thanks, Bro, for the info. Will go get a replacement as soon as I can. :-)

Guest heavenknows

jtang wrote:

Bro, I called Goldenlink and they said got 2 different types of wipers for the W204! One of them is $68 per set, another is $78 per set. Apparently both a Bocsh. So the guy ask me for chasis number!! Wah, buy wiper so difficult one??

Do you happen to have the partno. for the wiper that you bought?

Guest heavenknows

Well, yesterday went to Goldenlink and bought the Bosch wipers. Apparently, they had three different versions of wipers even for the same w204 due to different fitments!

The part number for Bosch wipers - A054S.

IMG-494967309B27F2.jpg

Guest ping911

jtang wrote:

Hey,,,I had the same problem initially. Also I used to own a Volvo S40 which was well known for juddering. So was really disappointed when new car had juddering. Did not have time to go back to C&C for my W204. BUT....after 3+ mths, everything seemed to just become OK. No more juddering. Did not change anything, and did not try to put anything on widnscreen or adjust the angle of the wipers.

Maybe if you had left it on for a while long, the juddering might have gone away.

Guest heavenknows

ping911 wrote:

Hey,,,I had the same problem initially. Also I used to own a Volvo S40 which was well known for juddering. So was really disappointed when new car had juddering. Did not have time to go back to C&C for my W204. BUT....after 3+ mths, everything seemed to just become OK. No more juddering. Did not change anything, and did not try to put anything on widnscreen or adjust the angle of the wipers.

Maybe if you had left it on for a while long, the juddering might have gone away.

Bro, for me, it has been 1.5 years. Still there!! :D

Guest windss

ping911 wrote:

same experience. Problem disappeared at about 3 month mark..

i had a juddering problem b4, what i did was to get ppl to polish my windscreen using those compound polisher using buffer. no issues after that. i'm not sure if its advisable to do so, but i did so and it was gd. cos dirt do get in the way and get stuck on the windscreen overtime and i can notice especially when i can see those lines and stuff.

Guest YEN96

if u know the part numbers, drop me a sms, i can source for u.

Keitiping, boot tub W212 around 1 months lead time. If u still want pls sms me

btw, jus got my frens R171 SLK350 some parts ....hehehhee

9362 3352

Guest kepiting1sg

YEN96 wrote:

if u know the part numbers, drop me a sms, i can source for u.

Keitiping, boot tub W212 around 1 months lead time. If u still want pls sms me

btw, jus got my frens R171 SLK350 some parts ....hehehhee

9362 3352

I've ordered my boot tub through C & C - Lead time 3 weeks $159.XX + GST!

Thanks Bro yen96 for your time!