• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Juddering wipers

Guest jtang

Guest YEN96

kepiting1sg wrote:

I've ordered my boot tub through C & C - Lead time 3 weeks $159.XX + GST!

Thanks Bro yen96 for your time!

No problem, its around the price and lead time :becky: Because there is no stock for this item in Singapore ! hehe, need to fly item in from deusthland

Need any help, just let me know, just that if the items no stock, then i will need full payment before i order.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest YEN96

kepiting1sg wrote:

I've ordered my boot tub through C & C - Lead time 3 weeks $159.XX + GST!

Thanks Bro yen96 for your time!

No problem, its around the price and lead time :becky: Because there is no stock for this item in Singapore ! hehe, need to fly item in from deusthland

Need any help, just let me know, just that if the items no stock, then i will need full payment before i order.

9362 3352

Guest blackmercs

jtang wrote:

Damn SAD! My new Bosch wipers are juddering like the OEM ones. Only last 3 weeks. Darn!

Bro is e fluid from Mercs!! Now back thread & do as my suggestion. If not smash Windscreen & get it replaced then apply as per my suggestion. Also DO NOT ALLOW yr groomer to apply any product on yr front Windscreen. This could be one if the cause of the problem too.

Guest kepiting1sg

jtang wrote:

Damn SAD! My new Bosch wipers are juddering like the OEM ones. Only last 3 weeks. Darn!

Try Autoglym Glass Polish to polish off any contaminant on your current windscreen. This will be helpful to clear off any chemicals that U might have applied especially RainX.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bull_terrier

jtang wrote:

As I mentioned previously, I changed a net set of wipers too...judder came back after a few weeks. Only way I solved it is to sent for polishing. Did mine at glass fix.

Guest kepiting1sg

bull_terrier wrote:

As I mentioned previously, I changed a net set of wipers too...judder came back after a few weeks. Only way I solved it is to sent for polishing. Did mine at glass fix.

As I have also mentioned many times!

Use Autoglym glass polish to polish your windscreen to clear of any chemical contaminants!

Another thing to note - In our humid & hot weather condition - it's quite normal to change your windscreen wipers every 6 mths to a year.

Had that juddering problem as well, changed to a new set at C&C and it came back. Problem solved after a good application of armour all to the wiper blades and problem has yet to come back to haunt me *fingers crossed* so now during each car wash i'll wipe the wipers down with the good n cheap stuff. Hope this helps !

rssid wrote:

Had that juddering problem as well, changed to a new set at C&C and it came back. Problem solved after a good application of armour all to the wiper blades and problem has yet to come back to haunt me *fingers crossed* so now during each car wash i'll wipe the wipers down with the good n cheap stuff. Hope this helps !

Me put a hose in the wiper container, drain finish the original shampoo water that cost me $5 plus the last time i went servicing my car they top up without my agree (Na Bei).

Now no problem liao lor!

kepiting1sg wrote:

As I have also mentioned many times!

Use Autoglym glass polish to polish your windscreen to clear of any chemical contaminants!

Another thing to note - In our humid & hot weather condition - it's quite normal to change your windscreen wipers every 6 mths to a year.

Where to buy this autoglym? Went to a few NTUC outlets, only have car polish & shampoo.

Bought my Autoglym yesterday & applied immediately according to instructions. Used the wipers in the rain today....it DIDN'T WORK! Juddering still as bad. Damn SAD!

Anyone has anymore bright ideas besides breaking the glass & get it replaced?

Guest kepiting1sg

jtang wrote:

Bought my Autoglym yesterday & applied immediately according to instructions. Used the wipers in the rain today....it DIDN'T WORK! Juddering still as bad. Damn SAD!

IMHO,

Sad to hear that Autoglym did not work for U!:hand:

Did U use the same pair of wipers that judder or U have changed to a brand new pair?

Did both wipers judder or just 1 wiper?

Hope U solve your wiper problem soon!

Guest relagsingh

kepiting1sg wrote:

Your problem with yr new ride could be a problem blade which U solved by changing blades.

Sometime I use Autoglym Glass Polish.

Works esp stubborn stains on windscreen.

Also dun ever use RainX products for your windscreen

or washer fluid. They help repel water but IMHO cos wiper judder. However RainX is good for your windows, side mirrors & rear windscreen.

In our climate good to change wiper blade every 6 to 9 mths. Keep a bottle of glass cleaner & keep yr windscreen clean so stains dun built up.

During car wash, clean yr wiper blades.

RainX stuff not only causes judder, being too sparing during the application will even 'eat up' the rubber of the wipers.

Guest relagsingh

jtang wrote:

i using sonax glass cleaner. 1st few weeks of ownership got intermittent juddering. after using the glass cleaner almost every week till now, no more juddering liao.

oh yah. my washer fluid only topped up once with a bit of remnants of detergent. still quite soapy.

kepiting1sg wrote:

IMHO,

Sad to hear that Autoglym did not work for U!:hand:

Did U use the same pair of wipers that judder or U have changed to a brand new pair?

Did both wipers judder or just 1 wiper?

Hope U solve your wiper problem soon!

Was using the same wipers. Both juddering eqally.

Will change to another new set tomorrow & see how.

Guest kepiting1sg

jtang wrote:

Was using the same wipers. Both juddering eqally.

Will change to another new set tomorrow & see how.

Let's narrow down to what you have done!

1. Windscreen polished - checked

2. New wiper blades - checked

3. Washer fluid - checked

Let's know how it goes!

IMHO Not likely the wiper pressure on the windscreen since both wippers are juddering.

kepiting1sg wrote:

Let's narrow down to what you have done!

1. Windscreen polished - checked

2. New wiper blades - checked

3. Washer fluid - checked

Let's know how it goes!

IMHO Not likely the wiper pressure on the windscreen since both wippers are juddering.

Changed back to OEM wipers from Goldenlink this morning...cost $80. There was a drizzle at about 1pm & tried them out. Looks good so far, keeping my fingers crossed.

Guest kepiting1sg

jtang wrote:

Changed back to OEM wipers from Goldenlink this morning...cost $80. There was a drizzle at about 1pm & tried them out. Looks good so far, keeping my fingers crossed.

I m happy for U! :becky:

Hopefully it last U at least for the next 6 mths of effective and "quiet" wiping each time the wipers wipe.

If it works it means the Glass Polish & the oem wipers go hand in hand!:hand:

Guest heavenknows

The Borsch wipers I bought started to judder slightly only about 1 week into usage. Lately with the rainy days, they are juddering more! :(

Waiting for your report Bro, jtang.

YEN96 wrote:

huh ? u change back again the wipers ??

Afraid so, the Borsch lasts 3 weeks only. Trying the OEM again with the Autoglym Glass polish & windscreen washer. So far so good...very smooth.

Guest kepiting1sg

YEN96 wrote:

huh ? u change back again the wipers ??

Keipiting, how your boot tub ?? good ?? any other stuff u need jus PM or sms me yeah :becky:

Boot tub ordered from C&C not here yet!

Looking for used set of amg IV 18" rims for W212 - Those found on most PI W212.

Any kantow bro yen96?

kepiting1sg wrote:

Boot tub ordered from C&C not here yet!

Looking for used set of amg IV 18" rims for W212 - Those found on most PI W212.

Any kantow bro yen96?

that time u ask me to check some rims, is this the one ?? or the staggered rims ??

AMG Front Alloy Wheel Styling IV - B660 031 468

AMG Rear Alloy Wheel Styling IV - B660 031 469

u still need the Rear tray/box - A212 680001 09051

i only got kantow for brand new and need to give me part number to check.

9362 3352