• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Juddering wipers

Guest jtang

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest machineoperator

Mine had the same problem too... but hey I found out a cheap and effective solution to it. Use some dish washing liquid on a sponge and apply it on the windscreen and use newspaper to wipe it clean. Smooth as silk..... but DO NOT APPLY TO THE BODY PAINT as it is highly damaging to the paint of the car. ONLY to the glass surface. It works all the time for me.

Tried several types of dish washing liquids including the heavy duty Jiff with sponge & even to the extent of using green & brown gauze, didn't work at all bro. I think our problems differ here as the juddering is really severe. I hated rainy days then, not anymore now:)

Guest machineoperator

jtang wrote:

Tried several types of dish washing liquids including the heavy duty Jiff with sponge & even to the extent of using green & brown gauze, didn't work at all bro. I think our problems differ here as the juddering is really severe. I hated rainy days then, not anymore now:)

Wah.... good that you have found your solution to it..... bravo

Guest machineoperator

btw I just made a trip to one of the stockist and all they have is the original Benz wiper and it is surprisingly cheap. Only 60 bucks with GST. Anyone tried that?

Yes..it's about this price for outside stockist. C&C's price is higher.

Incidentally, the W212's wipers are similar to the W204. They have different codes & are priced higher simply becos there's a plastic cap over the attachment. What a clever way to earn some extra bucks from unsuspecting E class owners.

Guest apple088

I was trying to replace my wipers at autobacs but they dont carry Bosch ones.

saw alot of customers changing their wipers too.

So I end up buying a 3M microfiber "sandpaper" to clean the windscreen and wipers

Used it for 2 weeks and the juddering gone! So far so good.

Cost: $3.20

Wipers from C&C : $150

Wipers from Golden Link : $70

Guest machineoperator

To all the w204 owners who are having problem with the wiper juddering when it is activated... just got back from C&C and inform them of the wiper judder issue with our car and voila... they finally admitted that it is kinda "design fault". What they have done to me was adjusted the tilt angle of the wiper arm to prevent the wiper juddering. Hope this will finally solve the problem of the wiper. Also was informed that they have done all the test and no more juddering. "Not sure how true though" . Lets keep my fingers crossed.

Guest blackmercs

jtang bru, u mentioned previously that w204 & w212 wiper mounting are the same? Is yes then u guys can try this method. Remove yr stock wiper, u can see there is a pin which meant for slotting in the wiper. I use a pce of paper wrap around the pin to increase the thickness & slot the wiper back in. It will be difficult to slot in bcos of thickness increases. U needs to go figure out, how to ya!!

I find out that this could be one of the reason for juddering is bcos there are "free play" resulted the wiper filmsy (no grip) during wiping. This could be one of the reason & another is the Windscreen issue.

Mercs design is simple for plug & play for wiper replacement but the designer didn't realised that a good grip is the most important during wiping. My previous ride wiper system has a good locking system & super firm too. Do hv juddering but not as bad as Mercs!!

Been using this new method for a week, thanks GOD for the rain. I manage to test it & my jubbering has reduced drastically only slight judder. Try it & let us know the outcome.

Guest blackmercs

jtang wrote:

Good tip...thanks. But ever since I used autosol, no more juddering till now. Love the rain man!

So W204 is the same type of wiper design as W212? Today I used white tape mainly use on water piping to wrap around the wiper bracket pin instead of used newspaper. Tested today & it works!! This gtg free mod for u guys if interested :).

Guest achuafc

The "Jtang-Autosol" method has worked pretty well on my ride. Took away some 95% of the juddering. So maybe bro Blackmercs's method will get rid of the other 5%!

Bro Blackmerc, you have 1 customer this Sunday. Can?

Guest blackmercs

achuafc wrote:

The "Jtang-Autosol" method has worked pretty well on my ride. Took away some 95% of the juddering. So maybe bro Blackmercs's method will get rid of the other 5%!

Haha ok if only yr wiper is those pin type for insert.

achuafc wrote:

Glad that it works for you. Do you enjoy driving in the rain as much as me now?:bounce:

blackmercs wrote:

So W204 is the same type of wiper design as W212? Today I used white tape mainly use on water piping to wrap around the wiper bracket pin instead of used newspaper. Tested today & it works!! This gtg free mod for u guys if interested :).

The 2 wipers are exactly the same, except that W212 has a movable cap that covers the pin.

Guest achuafc

jtang wrote:

Glad that it works for you. Do you enjoy driving in the rain as much as me now?:bounce:

You are right bro. There is this smile on my face when it rains and the constant desire for the sky to turn dark with clouds. Kept the thoughts to myself all this while or else other will say I am crazy. muahahahhahaaa....

Now I feel better, letting it out!! mahahahahahaa.....

Thanks Bro for the tip. Am sure some other bros out there have benefitted too.

achuafc wrote:

You are right bro. There is this smile on my face when it rains and the constant desire for the sky to turn dark with clouds. Kept the thoughts to myself all this while or else other will say I am crazy. muahahahhahaaa....

Now I feel better, letting it out!! mahahahahahaa.....

Thanks Bro for the tip. Am sure some other bros out there have benefitted too.

Most welcome!

Another tip..after using Autosol, if you have some stubborn oily streaks which can only be seen immediately after each swipe from the wiper & then disappears after 1-2secs, do not fret. Use the household detergent Jiff with a green gauze to rub it off & rinse with water generously. Clean as a whistle.:bounce:

• 1 month later...
Guest sparkles

Hi Dr Tang

Its been like 2 months now since you used the autosol remedy ... Are the juddering wipers still there or totally removed ?

I sent my ride for glass polishing last month by C&C ... after few showers, problem came back ... haiz.

jtang wrote:

Most welcome!

Another tip..after using Autosol, if you have some stubborn oily streaks which can only be seen immediately after each swipe from the wiper & then disappears after 1-2secs, do not fret. Use the household detergent Jiff with a green gauze to rub it off & rinse with water generously. Clean as a whistle.:bounce: